Options
    3bambi3 wrote: »
    OMP33 wrote: »
    rml_16 wrote: »
    opycha wrote: »
    People's diets are slowly killing them, oh well. Guess they'll find out in the long run.

News flash.... we are all dying.

Just trying to prolong it bud.

So ... are you going to explain how my vegetarian, high in fruits and veggies diet led to my high cholesterol and an autoimmune disorder or are you just going to ignore that?

You said "vegetarian", what else were you eating besides fruits and veggies?

Your original post specified vegan or vegetarian. I was vegetarian. Please explain. I ate no meat (including fish). I was a true vegetarian.

What else did you eat besides fruit and veggies?

Are you under the impression that vegans eat nothing but fruits and vegetables?

And broccoli grains
  • HappyAnna2014
    HappyAnna2014 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I would like to apologize for this fool on behalf of all the sane vegans of the world.

THANK YOU!!!!!
  • michaelafoor916
    michaelafoor916 Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    People's diets are slowly killing them, oh well. Guess they'll find out in the long run.

Get your blood work done, keep eating the way you are now and get it done again in one year. Then we will see who's life expectancy is longer.

By the way you're looking, probably mine.

mmm gonna have to call bs on that one... have you seen that girl!?!? good lawd ;)<3
  • OMP33
    OMP33 Posts: 308 Member
    Options

So ... are you going to explain how my vegetarian, high in fruits and veggies diet led to my high cholesterol and an autoimmune disorder or are you just going to ignore that?

Your original post specified vegan or vegetarian. I was vegetarian. Please explain. I ate no meat (including fish). I was a true vegetarian.

I'm simply asking a question as to why she has high cholesterol?
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    Bunch of moderators defending low carb and keto

Ya gotta laugh

:)

I haven't read through the entire thread yet, but this is what struck me as hilarious... how many of the people who normally are moderation proponents in the LCHF threads, are defending LC and ketogenic diets in the face of someone so extreme...

OP I for one would just like to thank you for bringing so many of us together. Now who is going to lead us in a round of Kumbaya...

That is.. If you have the energy to get up and do that. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjsa05Os3ss

Bahahahahahahahahaa! hahahahaha.
    OMG this is precious. Thanks so much for sharing.
  • 3bambi3
    3bambi3 Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options

I'm simply asking a question as to why she has high cholesterol?

Okay, but you didn't answer my question.
  • slacker80
    slacker80 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Even in my mid 30's i'm still learning new things about my nutrition and training every year. by the time I figure it all out, I'll be too efing old to lift. But you figured it all out before it was too late. You're a winner. I don't know what the **** you're selling but I'll take two.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    rybo wrote: »
    Just when you think you've heard it all.

Still in it for entertainment value... getting out the popcorn now...

j8x13fwv1ibf.jpg

• rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

The usual.

You put forth the scenario. You don't get to move the goal posts. Please and thank you, why do I have high cholesterol and an autoimmune disorder from following the diet you claim leads to only perfect health and no death?
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    OP--where did your diary go? I wanted to learn to eat correctly by following your example. Sigh.

He locked it after we saw that he eats little more than cereal.

Let's see yours

MINE is always open--I have nothing to hide. o:)

Tbh, not as bad as some people's I've seen. Liking the carb intake, like pasta and such.

I live in Italy, dear.

That's the kind of place I want to live. Mediterranean diets are much better than this Western diet everyone is so caught up on.

Me, too. All that authentic gelato and lasagne. And all the great cheeses, olives, and oils. Yummy! Thanks, Italy!
  • Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    Options
    Man, people will say anything to stand by their fats and meats. Read up on Dr. McDougall's studies and what he found with meat, dairy, and eggs. Higher Cholesterol will literally give you a higher chance in being diagnosed with heart disease. Meat, dairy, and eggs have high cholesterol, its facts.

to5kb99bx402.jpg
  • OMP33
    OMP33 Posts: 308 Member
    Options

The usual.

You put forth the scenario. You don't get to move the goal posts. Please and thank you, why do I have high cholesterol and an autoimmune disorder from following the diet you claim leads to only perfect health and no death?

You probably did not eat the right things outside of fruits and veggies.
  • 3bambi3
    3bambi3 Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options

The usual.

You probably did not eat the right things outside of fruits and veggies.

Yeah. She totes didn't eat enough cereal.
  • ChrisM8971
    ChrisM8971 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    OP--where did your diary go? I wanted to learn to eat correctly by following your example. Sigh.

He locked it after we saw that he eats little more than cereal.

Let's see yours

MINE is always open--I have nothing to hide. o:)

Tbh, not as bad as some people's I've seen. Liking the carb intake, like pasta and such.

I live in Italy, dear.

That's the kind of place I want to live. Mediterranean diets are much better than this Western diet everyone is so caught up on.

Mediterranean diets typically include lean meats like fish, fat, and dairy...

Not to mention the olive oil that is typically demonized by proponents of high carbohydrate plant-based diets.

I was in no one endorsing it, never said it was something healthy. All I said was better than the Western diet.

So despite a lot of science based evidence holding the Mediterranean style diet up as healthy, because it is doesn't fit with exact ideals you have decided that it is unhealthy?

OP you will find most people here are willing to have a rational discussion about different dietary ideas but you have to get your head around the rational bit before that happens!
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    This study seems appropriate, given the OP:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3466124/
  • Pollywog_la
    Pollywog_la Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    This is an excellent poe.
    Big thumbs up to OP
    8 pages so quickly!
    Hats off to you.
  • CasperNaegle
    CasperNaegle Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    I feel so enlightened!
  • Last_mango_in_paradise
    Options
    Everyone that thinks a low-carb is good for you and will work in the long-term is wrong. You're pushing your bodies into an ill state called Ketosis. Your body runs off of carbs, I eat 600g of carbs a day with under 40g of protein and 20g of fats. This uninformative and lieing industry is telling us that meat, dairy, and eggs are good for us? That stuff is loaded with cholesterol and will end up hurting you in the long run. Eat a high carb, low fat, vegan/vegetarian (low dairy) diet and live life to the fullest.

Ohhhh. So because you said we have to be a vegan/vegetarian we all now must jump on the bandwagon?

Sorry but I'd rather eat steak, bacon, ribs and burgers and still live life to the fullest.

Oh and FYI: you can get high cholesterol on your vegan/vegetarian diet. It has nothing to do with eating meat. A lot of people with high cholesterol have it because of their genetics, not their diet. And also, just because your TOTAL cholesterol numbers are high doesn't mean squat. The LDL/HDL/Tri's are what you should be looking at. If those are in check then there's no issue.

Steak, bacon, ribs, and burgers have ungodly amounts of fats and high cholesterol levels. That can lead to heart disease. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17364116

So there's this thing called "moderation." Perhaps you've heard of it?
  • jcbenes
    jcbenes Posts: 9 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

And broccoli grains

This right here had me tearing up!!! Oh, those broccoli grains.

Wait.... Is that a GMO?
This discussion has been closed.