WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JANUARY 2016

Options

Replies

• drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,947 Member
    Options
    Terri who asked about the almond coconut butter, it is like peanut butter. I got it in the organic section.

I had to babysit for my DD and DSIL to go to an IEP meeting for my DGS who is on the autism spectrum. I made great time going out, no traffic at all, but coming home was a booger bear. Two and a half hours to make an hour and 15 minute trip. Three accidents (not me). There was a little misty rain every now and then, but at least the promised "winter storm" held off. My DGD is such a sweetie and a total whirlwind. This was our conversation after she wiggled her way into my lap. Me: you're so sweet and pretty. I love you. She: where's G-pa? I mean really! My DH got a big kick out of that story. The outcome of the IEP is that they're going to leave him in regular second grade with a para-pro and special Ed support teacher in the room as well for him and the other kids identified with special needs. He is doing well, above average in everything except language (duh!), so they think he'll be okay. The kicker will probably be third grade when kids really start to notice differences and tease or bully the non-typical ones.

I did workout before heading to Atlanta, an hour of weights and 35 minutes on the treadmill. We did a bunch of upper body stuff today, my weakest area. Some things I could only do six at a time. Tomorrow is butt, but I'm going to have to miss. I have a dermatologist appt right smack in the middle of the class. Maybe I can do some floor butt work at home.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,993 Member
    Options
    The reason most people fail instead of succeed is that they trade what they want the MOST for what they want at the MOMENT.

Strategy is stronger than willpower.

1056287i3zmwzup2m.gifStats for today:
    13,000 steps
    150 minutes of dog walking
    line dance class

:# I go tomorrow morning for the blood test prescribed by the neurologist....It's a fasting test and I have to go in really early because they have to do something special with the sample before they send it off....the woman at the lab said it was a really big deal and costs about 4000 dollars without insurance
  • EllenFlickner
    EllenFlickner Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    "Welcome, you sweet young thing. Best tips: Measure your food portions and count calories in and calories out. You can earn extra treats by moving more. My biggest problem was portion size. I always chose healthy foods; I simply ate too much. I've learned to take smaller amounts, and use measuring devices to be sure of that when I'm at home."

Katla49 ...Hi Katla, thanks for the sound advice. I'm trying to measure things out and learn the correct amount; but its tough, taking one day at a time and trying to move forward and thinking of it now, I am making decent choices but quality is an issue I need to work on.
  • EllenFlickner
    EllenFlickner Posts: 32 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    "m1277.gifto any Newbies. Come often and join in the chat. This thing works!! Please sign your post with what you want to be called. It makes it easier for us to respond to you. Also a location is great, be it specific or general. We are happy to have you join us."

Newbie I am....everyone can call me Ellen and I'm from CT, USA...with a approaching winter storm that may potential influence my trips to the gym ..hoping to find help and support here, and to learn more about being healthy and fit.
  • NO_Excuses_515
    NO_Excuses_515 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Happy Wednesday! I ate a huge salad for lunch today and it made me happy - lettuce, purple cabbage, red & green bell peppers, carrots, cucumbers, tomato, and mandarin oranges. No cheese, no meat. Yea me!

Linda/IA
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    <3

Mary from Minnesota
  • marise51
    marise51 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    How do post a photo?
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,397 Member
    Options
    It's DONE....my fish welcome sign:

enbhezf3in6y.jpg

Michele in NC
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    Michele/NC - I love it! It is so colorful!

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

Good Evening Ladies,

Miriam, when I first started line dancing I could do the moves but couldn’t remember the steps in each dance. There are just so many! After all these months I finally feel that I am catching on to the point that I don’t embarrass myself. It has always been fun and is great exercise so I will continue. I’d like to even find another class to do once a week.

Denise, you are welcome to stalk and welcome to jump right in any time you want to say something. As you can see from many of our posts, it doesn’t have to be important, just whatever you feel like saying. The main thing here is to feel our support and stick to your plan as much as possible.

Allison, hope you are back in the pink in short order. ((((Hugs)))) So sorry for the loss of your friend.

Lisa, don’t make me put on my boots!!!! We will let you get away with that sugar this one time but don’t plan to make a habit of it. You know we care too much plus the next time may be the time to make you really sick.

Rosi, so sorry for the loss of your friend. It can make you feel so different to lose someone like that. Give yourself time for your heart to heal. ((((Hugs))))

Donna, Lacey is a doll but her friend is bigger than she is. happyno.gif

Linda, welcome back! Please don’t think you can’t do this or that you have to go low carb. We are here for you. I have simply eaten a balanced diet within 1200 calories a day and low to moderate exercise and got to get off my diabetes meds all together. I’m not saying you could do that because we are all different, but I know you could improve your A1C! Hang in there and take it one day at a time. Leslie Sansone does great walk in place videos on line that you can do the winter.

Cheri, good for you if you can actually read through the posts more than once in a day. I can barely get through all of them once and sometimes that’s with just skimming.

Terri, congrats to your DH on his bowling invitation. My best wishes for your dad. I had S1, L3 and L4 fused about 11 years ago. That was the most painful recuperation I have ever had. Ya just can’t move at all without putting strain on your lower back. Owwwweeeeeee I hope he has an easier time than I did. Will send a prayer.

Gloria, so sorry you had to get rid of Lucy but sounds like you found her a wonderful home.

m1277.gifto any Newbies. Come often and join in the chat. This thing works!! Please sign your post with what you want to be called. It makes it easier for us to respond to you. Also a location is great, be it specific or general. We are happy to have you join us.

I went with my friend to visit her aunt today. The town is a two hour drive. We had a wonderful lunch with tons of fresh veggies. I didn’t get in any exercise this morning because we left too early. It was a nice day but I ate too much of the good food. For dinner I just had about a cup of oven roasted broccoli and cauliflower. I’ve only made it through page 63 but will try my best to catch up tomorrow. I’m tired now and have to hit the hay.

I hope all of you have a healthy and happy day. rose.gif

Words I live by:
    Savor. I have to slow down and savor every bite.
    and
    Opportunity. Each day offers new opportunities for good health and happiness if we just look for them and choose them.
    I Love you, smiley-love013.gif
    DJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC
  • BonnieSpins
    BonnieSpins Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Michele in NC, I love your fish welcome sign! Hope your daughter stays warm and safe in Reston. My daughter is supposed to drive to Hampton, VA early Monday morning for work. Hopefully, the powers that be tells them to postpone if the roads are still bad.

I completed Leslie Sansone's 5 Mega Miles today. I stayed in my calorie count and logged everything. I also ordered Rodney Yee's Yoga for Beginners DVD from Amazon. I should have it next week depending on blizzards.

Bonnie in snowy Maryland (just a taste, not the blizzard)
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    About the children's harness. I have mentioned before about my son who has 2 sons who have every illness in the alphabet spectrum. ADHD, ADD, OCDD, i odn't remember which others. So they lived far enough away that they got up here every couple of years but would keep in contact by phone frequently. I think whenever Debbie got exhausted from the kids she would put the youngest on the phone with my Mom because he would talk non stop. Well she kept him on a leash. We couldn't imagine how a child could be so unruly that you had to put him on a leash. Well my Dad had open heart surgery and it was a failure and he was comatose. I'm sure he was dead but cardiac surgeons don't like admitting that their patient didn't survive surgery. Plus it was late Friday afternoon and the on call surgeon had taken over his patients and they really don't want some to die on their time taking care of them because then the death goes on thier public records. So we got them up here and we got to see Ryan in action. Debbie knew how we felt and I think she tried to let him off to let us know what she was dealing with. That child had no sense of, well, sensibility. He would run anywhere if he saw an open door. A guy goes in the bathroom, Ryan runs in there! The elevator opens, Ryan runs in there. After that we didn't complain anymore.

Haven't posted much as I really feel to bad to have any thoughts. Sorry.

Joyce, Indiana
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    I am in heaven. I discovered that Progresso makes a gluten free clam chowder and cream of mushroom soup! I have not had either in years and years.

Congratulations! Yay!!!!!
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Michele: I love the fish welcome sign.
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Hi gals,

Rosie ((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))

Allie (((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))) what is EVOO

Linda – welcome back!!! So glad to hear the medical community is helping – we have had a lot of rain here and sometimes it is hard to get enough steps in and I sometimes just march in place while brushing my teeth, or talking on the phone….

Katla – the crazy thing is NONE of the restrictions, or fines have been lifted – now I know that we are not out of drought conditions yet as reservoirs are up but one near me is from 19% full to 25% full and that is no where near where we need it to be, but it would be nice if they would just ease up on the over use fines… A friend of mine had cataracts surgery last week and went from am surgery out to eat with family and then to the symphony all in the same day and he is 89 years old. Your DH can do it!!!

Sylvia – Levi took the head off the water bottle one too! Took about a minute!

Mia – awesome job!!!

Gloria – so sad about your grandson and Lucy – I don’t know how old he is but maybe you guys (once you are settled) could volunteer at a shelter and he could get a dog fix without having a dog.

Pip – glad they are taking this seriously and getting you back to 100%!!

Michele – darling fish!!!

Crazy day! Walked 4 miles with Levi this morning, 3 1/2 hours of gardening, a tiny bit of sewing then yoga… If I had this much exercise every day I would be skinny… HA HA HA HA… I love my yoga class, am naturally flexible which helps – but somehow am not doing well after. It was just 3 hours ago and I am already sore and stiffening up.. so am sitting at the computer with a heating pad that I am moving around, back, shoulders, thighs, upper arms… I am wondering if it is working like a massage and I am loosing up tight muscles so maybe need to up the water to wash out the lactic acid as it is not the sore – of an injury a different sore…well I’ll try it next week. It was dry today, meaning it did not rain, but gardening in a yard that had had as much rain as we have had was like being in a mud bowl! Really not good for the ground, but – this client “knows best” it’s ok I do what she wants sorta…LOL… enough that she is happy and I am doing what is best long term. Tomorrow is another dry day, and another gardening client, then Friday the rain is back.

Well off to take Levi out for evening business and then bed… I’m ready.

Kim from N. California
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,370 Member
    Options
    Good morning!
    Michele - Great sign! I would definitely feel welcome! :flowerforyou:

Going to do my exercises, then off to the train to London. Will be seeing my lovely grandchildren. DGD will wake up from her nap around 2.30, after I have shared a takeaway sushi lunch with DDIL. (DH has a baguette) Then we will pick DGS up from school around the corner at 3.30. Play until tea time st 5pm. Then bath at 6pm, and cudfles until we leave st 6.40.
    Can't wait!

Heather UK
  • sexybug6
    sexybug6 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Hi im looking for friends ,feel fred to add me
  • sexybug6
    sexybug6 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    sexybug6 wrote: »
    Hi im looking for friends ,feel free to add me

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,820 Member
    Options
    morning ladies- here i sit,in bed sick with a crappy nasty cold.. it is gonna be a day of just chillin,i guess. supossed to go get my hair cut today but dont feel much up for that..
    Kim- EVOO is extra virgin olive oil..
    will call my hairdresser in a bit and reschedule..i hate doing it because i always have such a great time .. but just am not feeling up to it..
  • LinCharpentier
    LinCharpentier Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Darn that's two posts I lose I'll make this short and see what happens if it works i'll be back with more after coffee
    Went to tops last night was down 1.4 so that is 6 lbs for Jan. So going to keep with it. I did lose a week and I know I had gained but got that off. So going forward.

see you lighter
    Linda in Northern Ontario