How to get gf into fitness?

alafabeta
alafabeta Posts: 9 Member
I have a new girlfriend. I find her attractive, still I’m a bit disappointed. She is on a chubby side. Not very much but enough. She is squishy, with little tone and not much muscle definition. I see how much hotter she could be if she lose some pounds, tone up, get rid of squashy chubbiness around her pierced belly button, shrink around her mushy thighs and tighten her butt. But I know that I can’t talk with her about it directly because I’ve noticed how bashful she is about those things. So how can I get her into fitness? Any experience?

Replies

• PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,296 Member
    Slap her with your pork chop and tell her to get her shiz sorted before she starts to smell like a fat lady.
  • beagletracks
    beagletracks Posts: 6,035 Member
    Break up.
  • workout_ninja
    workout_ninja Posts: 524 Member
    im sure she could go hiit cardio bursts running away from you
  • bdgfn
    bdgfn Posts: 7,719 Member
    It's not going to happen unless she wants to.
  • beagletracks
    beagletracks Posts: 6,035 Member
    im sure she could go hiit cardio bursts running away from you

Exactly.
  • PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,296 Member
    What if you drove up and down the street while dangling a piece cake out the window?
  • dairaoga
    dairaoga Posts: 22 Member
    Ask her to hold your feet while dooing situps... And then exchange places. :)
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    You should leave her - she deserves someone who can see past her physique and doesn't think that changing her body will make her more attractive.
  • Expatmommy79
    Expatmommy79 Posts: 940 Member
    Aren't you charming....
  • alafabeta
    dairaoga wrote: »
    Ask her to hold your feet while dooing situps... And then exchange places. :)

It would be nice... But HOW to get her to do situps??
  • alafabeta
    You should leave her - she deserves someone who can see past her physique and doesn't think that changing her body will make her more attractive.

I don't think so. I see real potential in her. Just need to find a way to realize it...
  • canoepug56
    canoepug56 Posts: 161 Member
    She deserves better.
  • oneoddsock
    oneoddsock Posts: 321 Member
    alafabeta wrote: »

I don't think so. I see real potential in her. Just need to find a way to realize it...

I would have been absolutely horrified to hear if a partner of mine had said something like that about me, and it would have ended the relationship immediately. Why did you get into a relationship with someone if you can't deal with their physique?

Based on what you've said in this thread, I hope she can move on from this and find someone who genuinely appreciates her just the way she is.

• alafabeta
    oneoddsock wrote: »
    Why did you get into a relationship with someone if you can't deal with their physique?

Based on what you've said in this thread, I hope she can move on from this and find someone who genuinely appreciates her just the way she is.

I find her hot. But I know that she could be superhot!
    It's not abut leaving her if she will not start working out. No way. But... I don't see anything wrong to want her to exercise too.
  • JoshuaMcAllister
    JoshuaMcAllister Posts: 500 Member
    Its one thing to try get your girl into fitness because you are a fitness orientated person, like myself I prefer to date a girl who plays sport or has the occasional gym visit weekly as I know she will understand my lifestyle. Its a whole other thing to get her into fitness because you think shes as you describe her "squashy chubbiness". Shallow fool, everyone is right she deserves better. Little bashful about it no wonder when guys like you cant see past it..
  • Jess1989ica
    Jess1989ica Posts: 2,391 Member
    So if she's a new gf that means she has been like this since you met her.... If you had such a big problem with her weight why did you start dating her? She has to want to lose weight. Maybe be a good example and she will follow by your example. If not, that's her choice. You chose her as she was.
  • Cindy4FunFit
    Cindy4FunFit Posts: 2,733 Member
    alafabeta wrote: »
    oneoddsock wrote: »
    Why did you get into a relationship with someone if you can't deal with their physique?

I find her hot. But I know that she could be superhot!
    It's not abut leaving her if she will not start working out. No way. But... I don't see anything wrong to want her to exercise too.

I'm not going to beat you over the head with judgement...you already think she's hot. That's good. Take her to super hot: I think you just set your own new year goal. I'm not gonna pretend I know *how* to get her to care about her own fitness and make suggestions on how to approach this topic--I will say: get off your *kitten* and figure that out. That's my advice.

• alafabeta
    So if she's a new gf that means she has been like this since you met her.... If you had such a big problem with her weight why did you start dating her? She has to want to lose weight. Maybe be a good example and she will follow by your example. If not, that's her choice. You chose her as she was.

I start dating her because I'm very much in love with her. :) I like her a lot, but I'm a real fitness addict. It's not that I don't like what i see! I just also see how it could be (even better) with some exercises. I just don't know how to motivate her to start exercising without hurting her feelings, if you understand what I mean...
  • angelamichelle_xo
    angelamichelle_xo Posts: 646 Member
    edited January 2016
    IS THIS A CRUEL JOKE, OR ARE YOU REALLY AN A**HOLE?
  • angelamichelle_xo
    angelamichelle_xo Posts: 646 Member
    edited January 2016
    there is literally no nice way of telling someone to lose weight or tone up.
    dont say anything if you want to keep her.