Magnificent Mamas (Closed Group)

Options

Replies

• hkystar
    hkystar Posts: 1,290 Member
    Options
    The only thing they mentioned in baby care class (I dont have any experience with really bad diaper rashes) was to try and let the baby go bare as long as you can in between diaper changes. I dont actually know how feasible that is as an option since seems to me that all babies do in the first couple months is eat, sleep and go potty. =)
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Well, at almost 36 weeks I really thought we were past this, but.... yeah, I just had someone at work come to me and say "I didn't even know!!!" Yeah... apparently she had received a baby shower invitation yesterday and "didn't even know" I was pregnant.

So now, exactly 1 month before my baby is due, I apparently still don't look pregnant. :laugh:

And last night my mom told me the receptionist at her dentist's office is pregnant 7 weeks behind me and she looks "more pregnant" than me. Okay, so... sue me? Seriously, what do these people want from me and my belly?! :tongue:
  • meokk
    meokk Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Just dropping in to say Hi !
    I've been doing all my posting on the preggo board still and plan to switch over here once baby arrives.

I am reading to catch up on these posts every few days though (mostly on the iphone when I'm wide awake at 3am :laugh:)

See you all on a regular basis in about 4 months !!

xoxo
  • Soon2Bfitmamaof3
    Soon2Bfitmamaof3 Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    Julie can't figure out how you don't look super pregnant to everyone. I think you look pregnant :laugh:
  • dmdaigle17
    dmdaigle17 Posts: 918
    Options
    I hope all of us find some emotional/mental/physical relief this weekend. Maybe the full moon had something to do with it :wink: - who knows! We all seem to be going through a lot right now and it's nice to see us all here picking each other back up. You should all be proud of yourselves :flowerforyou:
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Julie can't figure out how you don't look super pregnant to everyone. I think you look pregnant :laugh:

Maybe my *kitten* is so big it's throwing everyone off. :tongue:
  • Mamatoabunch
    Mamatoabunch Posts: 749
    Options
    Lots of baby blues stuff here, I cry almost everyday. I always find adding a baby, adjusting again to a new baby's dependence, nursing demands, less sleep a difficult adjustment.

About diaper rash, change often, very often, like every hour or two. Change poopy diapers immediately. Let baby go diaperless if possible. Dry bum w/ a hair dryer set to warm. Don't wipe poop w/ wipes, wash bum w/ warm water, eliminating friction, then use hair dryer. Creams aren't the cure, it is drying out the wounds. Then a good barrier cream will work.
  • jw17695
    jw17695 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    She goes diaperless for 3 to 4 hours a day. My only guess at this point is maybe its a yeast infection.
  • Mamatoabunch
    Mamatoabunch Posts: 749
    Options
    She goes diaperless for 3 to 4 hours a day. My only guess at this point is maybe its a yeast infection.

Mix a few drops of tea tree oil and olive or other oil and put on her bum.
  • mwilson1018
    mwilson1018 Posts: 509 Member
    Options

How old is she? How does she go diaperless for that long?? Annabelle is two months...I would have a TON a cleaning up to do...lol
  • LynnW52
    LynnW52 Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    Wow, I've got a lot of catching up to do! Sorry I've been missing in action on the thread - I had no idea how busy/tired I would be!

I got my staples out on Tuesday. They told me it would feel like plucking my eyebrows :huh: Lies! :laugh: There were a couple staples where the skin around them was pink, so she put me on an antibiotic just to be safe. I feel sooo much better having them out!

Joshua had his first Dr.'s appointment on Wednesday and he's gained back 9 oz and has already grown an inch! I skipped the Hep vaccine in the hospital so he got it at this appointment - and we cried together :sad: :sad: :sad: He is doing great on the growth chart and everything else checked out.

I got weighed at my Dr.'s appointment and I was down 25 lbs of my 47 lb pregnancy gain - so 22lbs to go. I feel really confident that I'll be able to lose it, especially with your help and support!

Breastfeeding is still going shockingly well. All of the horror stories I heard about have yet to rear their ugly head, I'm praying I'll be one of the minority who is spared.
  • dragonfly74
    dragonfly74 Posts: 1,382 Member
    Options
    I hope all of us find some emotional/mental/physical relief this weekend. Maybe the full moon had something to do with it :wink: - who knows! We all seem to be going through a lot right now and it's nice to see us all here picking each other back up. You should all be proud of yourselves :flowerforyou:

I second this! You are so right Danielle. You are all such a wonderful support system for me, and I cannot thank you enough.
  • dragonfly74
    dragonfly74 Posts: 1,382 Member
    Options
    Wow, I've got a lot of catching up to do! Sorry I've been missing in action on the thread - I had no idea how busy/tired I would be!

I got my staples out on Tuesday. They told me it would feel like plucking my eyebrows :huh: Lies! :laugh: There were a couple staples where the skin around them was pink, so she put me on an antibiotic just to be safe. I feel sooo much better having them out!

Joshua had his first Dr.'s appointment on Wednesday and he's gained back 9 oz and has already grown an inch! I skipped the Hep vaccine in the hospital so he got it at this appointment - and we cried together :sad: :sad: :sad: He is doing great on the growth chart and everything else checked out.

I got weighed at my Dr.'s appointment and I was down 25 lbs of my 47 lb pregnancy gain - so 22lbs to go. I feel really confident that I'll be able to lose it, especially with your help and support!

Breastfeeding is still going shockingly well. All of the horror stories I heard about have yet to rear their ugly head, I'm praying I'll be one of the minority who is spared.

Lynn, great job on the breastfeeding. I was one of the fortunate ones. My babies all took to nursing like champs. But I was never one to listen to the horror stories and just relaxed and let nature take its course and they did terrific. My supply is a different story. :sad: I am on fenugreek, thistle seed and yogi nursing mother tea for the past couple days. No difference yet, but hopefully that is coming. Fenugreek worked for me with my last baby. You are doing great!
  • ron2282
    ron2282 Posts: 2,772 Member
    Options
    Brittony – both my mom and MIL are giving me their opinions about how to raise her. I just smile and nod my head with my MIL since she lives so far away and we only see them about once a year, but my mom is another story. Is it bad that I want to tell everyone to leave me the heck alone for the first week after she’s born? :indifferent:

Jw17695 & Megan – when I worked at the daycare we used aquaphor, it always cleared diaper rash up right away.

Bethe – oh I’m sorry, I hope things settle down for you. Maybe everyone is still in the adjustment period?

Anne – good luck, now’s a really good time to buy. I’m not sure if you’re planning to rent or sell it, but hopefully you’ll make a nice profit.

Julie – I don’t get how people can’t tell you’re pregnant. :noway:

Lynn – I’m glad you and Josh are doing so well. Yea for being down 25 pounds!!!!

I’ve been so emotional lately I don’t know what’s wrong with me. :sad: I don’t know if it’s because my in-law are with us for the week, but EVERYTHING hubby does or says is getting on my nerves. The problem is that he’s really not acting any differently than he normally does, meaning he’s not doing anything wrong. I’m just being a major b**** for no reason at all. Thankfully I manage to keep my cool around my in-laws, all I need is for them to think I’m psychotic.
  • LynnW52
    LynnW52 Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    Motivations pictures - Wow, we are a hot group of mamas!!! I'll have to work on that. Hubby erased all of the pictures off of our computer when he "fixed" it :laugh:

Mel - Thanks for the input on the non-sensational belly flap, glad to know that the feeling will eventually come back. Hope baby
    Gabriel is doing well, glad he's home!

Rachel - Having the incision really made me nervous, but it is healing up pretty well. My mom is an RN and she was here after he was born and helped me clean it. My "flap" hangs over the incision so it's hard to keep it dry. I can pick up the baby, no driving for another week.

Annabelle - What a beautiful birth story, thank you for sharing! I have a question, if you don't mind answering. If you tear during labor, how do you repair it?

Ronya - Hope you are enjoying your time with your in-laws.

Sheri - Hope you are feeling better and back to yourself real soon. I'm glad that you were able to feel the change in yourself quickly and realize how to fix it. Please know that we are here for support.

Amanda - So glad you were able to find a solution for Ethan's colic. Hoping that hubby's time away flies by and all goes well. If you are feeling a little "off", don't be afraid to talk to your Dr. about it, and remember we are here for support.

Brittony - Thankfully the people around Josh have been good at keeping their "advice" to themselves, but I have found myself on edge a few times with certain visitors. My husband's friend and his girlfriend came over to see the baby, and she was holding him while the guys were visiting outside. She asked me if I've taken him outside and I said I just stepped out on the deck real quick, but haven't had him out there for an extended period of time. I go to the bathroom and come back and where is she? Out on the back deck with the baby. It's like, "hey b*tch!! if I wanted to take him outside, I would!!!!!" :angry: He's not your toy to play around with, he's my kid!

Julie - Way to find the good deals!!

Bethe - Sorry things have been hectic at your house, hopefully everything settles down soon!

AnneElise - Hope you guys can find an investment property that fits what you're looking for!

I've had a bit of the baby blues myself, but it seems to be tapering off. It is definitely worse at night.

Hi to everyone else!! Hey Katrina and Jamie - we miss you!! :tongue:
  • brittonymiller
    brittonymiller Posts: 2,061 Member
    Options
    Wow, Lynn! Awesome job with the weight loss. I hope my body works like yours with that and with breastfeeding. I feel like I could be a natural at it, but I know lots of other people who felt that way too only to find it extremely difficult. We'll see! I would have been annoyed with that girl too! I can see myself getting really ticked with people fairly easily when this little one comes. I have waited for so long and she is my first and I want to do everything with her. I don't want my mom or my MIL taking her from me and sharing a first with her that should be mine. I feel like a child with a toy, but boy am I going to be possessive. I promised my husband tonight that he will get plenty of time to hold her and I'll work hard to make sure I don't keep her from him, but I can't make that promise for the grandparents. If they want to be here the very first few days, they are just going to have to understand that it most likely means they won't be getting as much hands on time as they would if they had waited a few weeks.

Ronya- I can get emotional when my in-laws come too. Not because my husband is necessarily acting badly... it's more like he gets really inconsiderate when his parents are here. He's normally a super sensitive guy who can read my emotions, but when the parents come I'm totally on the back burner. It makes it easy for me to get a little pissy. I'm usually pretty good at hiding it and just riding it out though. I'm sure you're not being a b----. At least you can acknowledge it. A real b---- wouldn't think she was one at all! :laugh:

Bethe- My friend already has me stocked on fenugreek should the need for it arise. I'm always curious about whether or not it works. Glad to hear it worked for your last baby. Hope it works this time!

One of my co-workers gave me a baby gift today. She got me medela bottles that attach right to the breast pump! I didn't even know they existed until recently. She also gave us this really adorable newborn outfit that I have already decided will be what we bring her home from the hospital in. SOON!
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    Lynn - great job on the weight loss! Eek, they left your staples in that long?! That had to be uncomfortable! They took mine out before I left the hospital and put what I compared to weather stripping over the suture.

Julie - you so look pregnant. I didn't get to bask in any pregnancy pitty since I apparently also started showing around 8+ months. The day I was induced someone thought I was about 6 months preg that morning at the pool.

Breastfeeding - not going that hot here. He was on arterial line feeding for the first 5-6 days, then on breastmilk by bottle for the next 4-5 days before I even got to start nursing. So he can't really figure it out. Sometimes he does OK but usually he doesn't even try to suck. I have mostly been pumping then giving it to him in a bottle, but that's annoying, not time efficient (and if you haven't figured out about me yet, I'm all about time efficiency!), and makes for feeding if we are out and about (not that we really go out and about) difficult.

Sleep... yeah.... I have been getting about 4 hours a night in about 1-2 hour chunks. At least I got to sleep really well the first week he was in the hospital after they discharged me so I was rested up by time he came home. I have been having to really drag myself to my computer to work in the morning though. I don't function well on less than about 8 hours of sleep so 4 is a big difference. Here's hoping a combination of my body adjusts to little sleep and I start to get more sleep. He's pretty mellow though. Sleeps a lot during the day so it makes it easier to work. If only my boss could see me! Pumping with one hand, trying to feed him with the other, answering emails with my one free hand as I hold the pump with the crook of my elbow... :laugh:

It's been "interesting" with work. One, I tried not to tell many people that I was pregnant (I work online and by phone so no one could tell) or why I was out because I didn't want to deal with them wondering why I took just two (turned out to be one) week maternity leave before being back. So most probably thought i was on vacation, but those that did know are like - what the hell are you doing back at work?! I don't want to tell people I only know professionally... well, we get no benefits and I can't afford to miss a paycheck... then those who know I was pregnant ask how it went, how is he, etc, but again I just know them casually professionally so I say "it was fine, he's fine"... then there are those we work with more closely, a lot, and for years so my boss informed them of the situation (w. my permission) so there are all sorts of "levels" to work.

Annabelle, I was wondering that a little bit the other day too about home births unassisted as Lynn mentioned. Generic side note, no one mentioned that my stitches would start to itch really bad as they healed! Just what I need! An itchy hoo-ha! I don't know that I would ever be intersted in a home birth (I really like other people to clean up after me and take care of me! :laugh:) but after going through this with Gabriel I think I would never consider it. I know it's so rare, but I don't know that I would have caught that he had something wrong with him until potentially too late. Turns out he was stable the whole time, but just as easily it could have been different. I like the comfort of a medical team right there for problems. I'd definitely not be brave, aware, or experienced enough to do it on my own!!

Anyway... I had to take Buck to meet his pediatrician today to get his info on file with them and start them getting familiar with him. I have a feeling we'll see them a lot - already going back in 2 weeks for just another "check in". So I missed a bit of work today that i have to go make up tonight... just taking a break and killing some time on here before getting back to all the stuff I have to get done tonight. Bleh. I really just want to go to sleep.
  • mwilson1018
    Options
    I really don't know how you do it all, Mel! You're amazing!!! I hope you can get some good sleep soon!
  • mwilson1018
    Options
    Ok, so DH has Annabelle so I'm going to try and actually respond to people...it's been like a month since I have responded to anything but the last few posts! :laugh: I'll do it as I'm watching "Swamp People"...anyone else seen that show...??? HAHAHA it cracks me up that they're speaking English but yet there still has to be subtitles so you can understand what they're saying...

All you moms and soon-to-be-moms...have you gotten your hubby something for Father's Day?? I ordered a personalized card from Shutterfly.com with pictures of Annabelle on it. I also made him a photo book of all the pictures of him and Annabelle that we have so far...just pictures of him and his baby girl. Also got a frame that says Daddy's girl on the bottom. He'll probably cry... :love:

Brittony - I find it difficult to keep up with two threads myself! I read everything but finding the time to respond to everything is tough with a little one!

Ronya - you may have said this on the other thread, I'm not sure...but I am so jealous of your FIL!!! That's amazing!

Bethe - I hope your eldest calms down a bit, and the meltdown has ceased! I want to make sure I'm firm and consistent on my discipline too. I know, easier said than done! Where do you get Fenugreek? I've heard oatmeal is good for milk too.

Anne - Yay for properties in Detroit! Seems like that may make a move back to Michigan a little easier...??? :wink:

Annabelle - Thank you for your story! LOVE IT! I too am curious like Lynn and Mel...

Lynn - Annabelle had her Hep B in the hospital, and we go back next week for her shots.....I'm not ready for that, but I'm sure I will be crying as much as she is!!! :sad: Sounds like he's enjoying mommy's milk since he's gained! And I'm so glad breastfeeding is going well for you too! It 's been great for me too...only had a few days of uncomfortable due to being engorged but it passed and everything's good now. Now that she's use to it too it takes a lot less. In the beginning it was taking close to an hour to feed on both sides, burp, diaper change, etc. Now it doesn't take nearly that long. She's becoming more efficient. :smile: Yay for the weightloss!! I lost everything but 10 pounds, and now I'm stuck (considering I've been eating everything I want to and no exercise, I don't know why I'm surprised it hasn't gone UP). I need to start exercising. MOTIVATION time!!

Sheri - Take time to take care of yourself - you're an absolute amazing mom! I'm glad you realized what was going on before it got Real bad. Praying for you!

I wish I had some motivational pictures on here! I have some high school pictures, but I don't think that's realistic since there's been a lot of changes. I want to be about 140. I was there in college at one point; I even say the 130s for like a day! lol

I can't believe so many of you ladies from the pregnancy board are SO close!! I can't wait for you to meet your LOs...and for us to see pictures! :wink:
  • mwilson1018
    Options
    Yay, I'm glad I took the time to do that! I was starting to feel bad about not commenting! And I know I left people out, because I only went back one page...but that's a start! Love you ladies! :flowerforyou: