Magnificent Mamas (Closed Group)

Options

Replies

• Soon2Bfitmamaof3
    Soon2Bfitmamaof3 Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    Mel- you amaze me, I am not sure how you manage to keep it all together. We are here if you need to vent. You’ve got a whole lot on your plate. Hopefully he starts sleeping good soon, Brooklynn took about 6-7 weeks to get on a “schedule”. I happily take a 8-1 stretch

Brittony- I use the medela bottles, the go right on your pump and you can put a nipple right on the bottle and give to baby. I have the 5 oz and the 9 oz bottles. I take the larger ones to work with me since they hold more.

Lynn- Glad everything is working out and Joshua is a pro. I would have smacked that biotch if I were you… I keep my baby super close and hover over people holding her. Its my third so I doubt it’s a first baby thing. LOL

Ronya- I am the same way, I notice hubby acts differently around his mommy and it drives me nuts… pregnant or not. I know his family has seen bits and pieces of psychotic me but we have been together for nearly 10 years and 5 pregnancies…. No way could I hide it all, lol

Bethe- I hope your oldest shapes up quickly, mine snapped out of it once I laid down the law but my middle still goes in and out of it. Typical 4 year old behavior I think…I hope your milk supply increases.

Annabelle- Sorry to hear you’re having baby blues but in a sense relived that I am not the only one. It seems like your life totally shifts with each new addition and even though you know what to expect it never gets any easier when adding someone new. Hope you get to feeling well soon and yes I think that nursing takes quite a bit of time so it can take much of your time and focus away from the other kiddos.

Julie – Girl I am sure that there is no way your as* is bigger than that baby bump. People are just retarded IMO if they can’t see how obviously pregnant you are.

Danielle- You said it! I do really hope that whatever is going on in the universe changes quickly. My coworker went home early today with a “migraine” she has been super depressed too and she is not hormonal so I am beginning to think there is something in the air.

Megan- I am a bad wife.... didn't get anything for Fathers Day, I usually make something with the boys but life has been too chaotic lately. We're just planning on going out for a Parent's Day brunch, we didn't really celebrate Mothers Day since everything is so crowded then yet no long waits for Fathers Day.
  • mwilson1018
    mwilson1018 Posts: 509 Member
    Options

Megan- I am a bad wife.... didn't get anything for Fathers Day, I usually make something with the boys but life has been too chaotic lately. We're just planning on going out for a Parent's Day brunch, we didn't really celebrate Mothers Day since everything is so crowded then yet no long waits for Fathers Day.

You're anything BUT a bad wife!!!! It's TOTALLY understandable...Do you notice I didn't get anything that would come from a store...I did what I could from home, lol. Normally we don't do anything for anniversarys, valentines, etc but I figured since it's his first Father's day I would do something
  • tahmed
    tahmed Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Mel - Seriously...you are wonderwomen. I am not sure how you are handling all this, but feel free to use us to lean on! You are amazing.

Julie - When I was checking in at the hospital...obviously in labor, one of the nurses told me I didn't look pregnant enough to be in labor!!!! Not the thing to tell someone who has been having contractions for 24 hours!!!!! Some people just don't realize that everyone caries differently.

Megan - I ran to Kohls today with Ethan, and got a picture frame that says "Daddy and Me". It was right in the front near the checkouts, so it took me about 5 minutes total in the store. I uploaded a picture to Walmart's Photo Center from my home computer, and had it printed out in store. I just had to run in and pick it up, again it took me about 5 minutes. I think DH will be amazed that I went to all that work:bigsmile:

Sheri & Annabelle - Sounds like we are all experiencing a bit of Baby Blues. Feel free to message me if you want to talk. I know how it feels to be "down".

Anne - Thats cool about investing in Detroit. If that doesn't pan out....I think Cleveland is almost as good of an investment. I cant believe what home prices have done here.

Sorry I am not getting to everyone....I seriously need to get a shower before bed tonight. I hate to admit this, but it has been 2 days since my last one! Ugggg, what you sacrifice to be a momy:blushing:
  • hkystar
    hkystar Posts: 1,290 Member
    Options
    I opted for a practical gift for bf for fathers day. He has been adamant that he is not a father and therefore should get a gift. But I ignore him... I got baby a winter sleeper outfit that says I love daddy on it. (We needed it.) and I got "him" a set of dishes. We want to replace our everyday dishes. He wants us to have a good solid set, and we picked out a pattern that we both liked. So I ordered 4 place settings "for him".

Mel - I am amazed you are back at work after 1-2 weeks.

Ronya - Its ok to be hormonal right now. My bf and I have gone through a few patches were I had to tell him that he was upsetting me (and he wasnt doing anything different than normal). He was very understanding and hasnt done those things since.

Lynn - you are doing great on shedding the baby weight! I hope mine goes that well.
  • mwilson1018
    mwilson1018 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Amanda - my frame came from Kohls too! Is it black with silver writing?? Great minds think alike...

And Ummm... I have to admit I still have those no showering days.... :blushing: I feel ya!
  • dragonfly74
    dragonfly74 Posts: 1,382 Member
    Options
    Lynn - great job on the weight loss! Eek, they left your staples in that long?! That had to be uncomfortable! They took mine out before I left the hospital and put what I compared to weather stripping over the suture.

Julie - you so look pregnant. I didn't get to bask in any pregnancy pitty since I apparently also started showing around 8+ months. The day I was induced someone thought I was about 6 months preg that morning at the pool.

Breastfeeding - not going that hot here. He was on arterial line feeding for the first 5-6 days, then on breastmilk by bottle for the next 4-5 days before I even got to start nursing. So he can't really figure it out. Sometimes he does OK but usually he doesn't even try to suck. I have mostly been pumping then giving it to him in a bottle, but that's annoying, not time efficient (and if you haven't figured out about me yet, I'm all about time efficiency!), and makes for feeding if we are out and about (not that we really go out and about) difficult.

Sleep... yeah.... I have been getting about 4 hours a night in about 1-2 hour chunks. At least I got to sleep really well the first week he was in the hospital after they discharged me so I was rested up by time he came home. I have been having to really drag myself to my computer to work in the morning though. I don't function well on less than about 8 hours of sleep so 4 is a big difference. Here's hoping a combination of my body adjusts to little sleep and I start to get more sleep. He's pretty mellow though. Sleeps a lot during the day so it makes it easier to work. If only my boss could see me! Pumping with one hand, trying to feed him with the other, answering emails with my one free hand as I hold the pump with the crook of my elbow... :laugh:

It's been "interesting" with work. One, I tried not to tell many people that I was pregnant (I work online and by phone so no one could tell) or why I was out because I didn't want to deal with them wondering why I took just two (turned out to be one) week maternity leave before being back. So most probably thought i was on vacation, but those that did know are like - what the hell are you doing back at work?! I don't want to tell people I only know professionally... well, we get no benefits and I can't afford to miss a paycheck... then those who know I was pregnant ask how it went, how is he, etc, but again I just know them casually professionally so I say "it was fine, he's fine"... then there are those we work with more closely, a lot, and for years so my boss informed them of the situation (w. my permission) so there are all sorts of "levels" to work.

Annabelle, I was wondering that a little bit the other day too about home births unassisted as Lynn mentioned. Generic side note, no one mentioned that my stitches would start to itch really bad as they healed! Just what I need! An itchy hoo-ha! I don't know that I would ever be intersted in a home birth (I really like other people to clean up after me and take care of me! :laugh:) but after going through this with Gabriel I think I would never consider it. I know it's so rare, but I don't know that I would have caught that he had something wrong with him until potentially too late. Turns out he was stable the whole time, but just as easily it could have been different. I like the comfort of a medical team right there for problems. I'd definitely not be brave, aware, or experienced enough to do it on my own!!

Anyway... I had to take Buck to meet his pediatrician today to get his info on file with them and start them getting familiar with him. I have a feeling we'll see them a lot - already going back in 2 weeks for just another "check in". So I missed a bit of work today that i have to go make up tonight... just taking a break and killing some time on here before getting back to all the stuff I have to get done tonight. Bleh. I really just want to go to sleep.

You are truly amazing! As I read this I see what a strong woman you are and your family is fortunate to have you. I am glad the doctors were able to catch Gabriel's heart problem and I continue to keep you in my prayers every night.
  • dragonfly74
    Options
    Ok, so DH has Annabelle so I'm going to try and actually respond to people...it's been like a month since I have responded to anything but the last few posts! :laugh: I'll do it as I'm watching "Swamp People"...anyone else seen that show...??? HAHAHA it cracks me up that they're speaking English but yet there still has to be subtitles so you can understand what they're saying...

Bethe - I hope your eldest calms down a bit, and the meltdown has ceased! I want to make sure I'm firm and consistent on my discipline too. I know, easier said than done! Where do you get Fenugreek? I've heard oatmeal is good for milk too.

I have watched a few of the "Swamp People" and you cracked me up when I read what you wrote. I would never be able to understand them without reading the subtitles. And then I also feel sorry for the gators that were just out minding there own business. :cry:

Eden has done much better today. I think keeping her home last night with her dad while the rest of us went out with her friends (been friends since they were three years old, so six years now) woke her up a bit. I really need to follow through. I kept saying "if you don't . . ., then you won't . . ." but still let her do it anyway. My friend's 9 year old son was not happy because Eden wasn't there.

I got my Fenugreek on Amazon, the Nature's Way Fenugreek. I love oatmeal, and have it maybe once a week. Might be something I need to add more of to my diet!
  • dragonfly74
    Options
    Lynn - great job on the weight loss! Eek, they left your staples in that long?! That had to be uncomfortable! They took mine out before I left the hospital and put what I compared to weather stripping over the suture.

Julie - you so look pregnant. I didn't get to bask in any pregnancy pitty since I apparently also started showing around 8+ months. The day I was induced someone thought I was about 6 months preg that morning at the pool.

Breastfeeding - not going that hot here. He was on arterial line feeding for the first 5-6 days, then on breastmilk by bottle for the next 4-5 days before I even got to start nursing. So he can't really figure it out. Sometimes he does OK but usually he doesn't even try to suck. I have mostly been pumping then giving it to him in a bottle, but that's annoying, not time efficient (and if you haven't figured out about me yet, I'm all about time efficiency!), and makes for feeding if we are out and about (not that we really go out and about) difficult.

Sleep... yeah.... I have been getting about 4 hours a night in about 1-2 hour chunks. At least I got to sleep really well the first week he was in the hospital after they discharged me so I was rested up by time he came home. I have been having to really drag myself to my computer to work in the morning though. I don't function well on less than about 8 hours of sleep so 4 is a big difference. Here's hoping a combination of my body adjusts to little sleep and I start to get more sleep. He's pretty mellow though. Sleeps a lot during the day so it makes it easier to work. If only my boss could see me! Pumping with one hand, trying to feed him with the other, answering emails with my one free hand as I hold the pump with the crook of my elbow... :laugh:

It's been "interesting" with work. One, I tried not to tell many people that I was pregnant (I work online and by phone so no one could tell) or why I was out because I didn't want to deal with them wondering why I took just two (turned out to be one) week maternity leave before being back. So most probably thought i was on vacation, but those that did know are like - what the hell are you doing back at work?! I don't want to tell people I only know professionally... well, we get no benefits and I can't afford to miss a paycheck... then those who know I was pregnant ask how it went, how is he, etc, but again I just know them casually professionally so I say "it was fine, he's fine"... then there are those we work with more closely, a lot, and for years so my boss informed them of the situation (w. my permission) so there are all sorts of "levels" to work.

Annabelle, I was wondering that a little bit the other day too about home births unassisted as Lynn mentioned. Generic side note, no one mentioned that my stitches would start to itch really bad as they healed! Just what I need! An itchy hoo-ha! I don't know that I would ever be intersted in a home birth (I really like other people to clean up after me and take care of me! :laugh:) but after going through this with Gabriel I think I would never consider it. I know it's so rare, but I don't know that I would have caught that he had something wrong with him until potentially too late. Turns out he was stable the whole time, but just as easily it could have been different. I like the comfort of a medical team right there for problems. I'd definitely not be brave, aware, or experienced enough to do it on my own!!

Anyway... I had to take Buck to meet his pediatrician today to get his info on file with them and start them getting familiar with him. I have a feeling we'll see them a lot - already going back in 2 weeks for just another "check in". So I missed a bit of work today that i have to go make up tonight... just taking a break and killing some time on here before getting back to all the stuff I have to get done tonight. Bleh. I really just want to go to sleep.

You are truly amazing! As I read this I see what a strong woman you are and your family is fortunate to have you. I am glad the doctors were able to catch Gabriel's heart problem and I continue to keep you in my prayers every night.

Annabelle, I too am curious. I have torn with all of my children. My last one was the littlest tear of the all and the doctor at first didn't think I tore at all, but I did. How do you deal with that at home?
  • Soon2Bfitmamaof3
    Options
    Amanda - my frame came from Kohls too! Is it black with silver writing?? Great minds think alike...

And Ummm... I have to admit I still have those no showering days.... :blushing: I feel ya!

we do mommy and me showers and she fusses if we're not in by 7:15. Hubby brings her when I'm done showering and I clean her in a minute....way easier than pulling out the baby bath which she hates. she's a shower kind of girl funny that it started as me trying to cool her down on a hot day. she's simple shower, boobie and then rocked by daddy and she's out by 8
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    um.... i had no shower days BEFORE kids...

OK i have to get off here and get to sleep. I ended up working until 10. Ick. I haven't quite put in full days Mon, Tues, Wed this week though so I guess I could consider it making up some extra hours. I have an 8am apt, but at least it's here in town. I can't bring the baby though so here's hoping hubby wakes up (and can figure out what to do) if baby wakes up after I get him up and fed and changed in the morning and hopefully back down by 7:30.

I've never been one to get upset when my son had to get shots, which is a good thing because now I have to give them to Gabriel twice a day every day for 4-6 weeks. I don't like doing it, but it doesn't really bother me.
  • Soon2Bfitmamaof3
    Options
    um.... i had no shower days BEFORE kids...

OK i have to get off here and get to sleep. I ended up working until 10. Ick. I haven't quite put in full days Mon, Tues, Wed this week though so I guess I could consider it making up some extra hours. I have an 8am apt, but at least it's here in town. I can't bring the baby though so here's hoping hubby wakes up (and can figure out what to do) if baby wakes up after I get him up and fed and changed in the morning and hopefully back down by 7:30.

I've never been one to get upset when my son had to get shots, which is a good thing because now I have to give them to Gabriel twice a day every day for 4-6 weeks. I don't like doing it, but it doesn't really bother me.

You're strong, I HATE shots... I always have hubby hold them, I cant look. Hope you're able to get out of the house and hubby gets up to help.
  • brittonymiller
    brittonymiller Posts: 2,061 Member
    Options
    So I made the decision last night that hubby and I can't shower together anymore until after the baby comes. It's way too cramped in there with my big belly and last night he accidentally hit it. It didn't hurt exactly. It reminded me of the feeling you get when you accidentally run your nails down a chalkboard or something. For some reason it feels like things are gravitating to my belly lately. I'll be sitting there and a kid in the childcare will ram me or my dog with stretch out in bed and poke me pretty hard. I don't think it would bother me as much if Emma's head wasn't protruding out at all times. It's like a tennis ball poking out right above my belly button. And she doesn't recede back into my uterus or anything, so I always get worried someone is going to hurt her. Weird, I know.
  • AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    I am trying to take mental notes on these diaper rash solutions!

Julie- I think they are crazy. You 100% look pregnant! People know that I am pregnant but I get that I look small all the time. Its getting annoying.

Lynn- great to hear from you! I understand that you are busy, don’t’ worry! Yuck on the staples! I am so glad that breastfeeding is going so well.

Ronya- I have times like that with my DH too. When he is doing nothing different but little things are driving me crazy. I try to leave the room for a little to get other things on my mind.

Brittony- That’s so sweet on the newborn outfit! What is it like? It is going to be so hot here I don’t know what type of outfit to bring for Elise.

Mel- You are amazing! You have a lot on your plate! I am proud of you for handling it all so well!

Megan- I love your father’s day gifts, very sweet! DH got me a sweet mother’s day gift so I wanted to get him something. He is already changing his life so in my mind, already a daddy! I just got him a card and a little outfit that says My Heart Belongs to my Daddy… nothing big. There are so many people that are so close on the board, I can’t wait!

Amanda- I don’t shower that much as is :) so don’t feel bad!

Maureen- Your gifts sound great! SO will love them.

Bethe- Glad that the meltdown has passed!

Hi to those that I missed!
  • ron2282
    ron2282 Posts: 2,772 Member
    Options
    Lynn – I’d be mad if she took my baby outside. I can already feel that I’m going to be extremely over protective in the beginning.

Brittony – that was sweet of your co-worker. My friend told the about the bottles that attach right to the pump but I haven’t looked into them yet. And I’m so concerned about anything hitting my belly that I forget about the rest of my body. This morning I slammed my shoulder into the door frame. :ohwell:

Mel – oh my gosh, I think you can officially have the title of Superwoman!

Megan – I got hubby Season 1 of Highway to Heaven, it was his favorite TV show growing up, and an “I Love Daddy” onesie and board book for the baby. This is the first Father’s Day that I’m looking forward to since my dad passed away.

Sheri – you’re not a bad wife! You have a lot going on right now so there’s no reason to feel bad about it.

Bethe – I’m glad Eden is behaving better today.

Hi to everyone I missed!

I let a bit of my b****iness slip last night – in my defense I was sleep deprived and threw up everything I ate yesterday so I wasn’t in a patient mood. I adore my in-laws but they lead of much different life than we do, and since hubby was raised by his grandparents he’s not anything like them either. Please keep in mind I’m not trying to open a can of worms or offend anyone by what I’m going to say next. My MIL was telling me about her cousins’ 15 year old daughter who got pregnant. I said that I’d most likely kill Kathryn if that happened, so she started to make all this reasons why it was ok. Well in my opinion it’s not, but I was raised in a very strict Syrian household and didn’t even kiss a guy until I was in my 20’s. I know that’s not a realistic expectation to have for my daughter (although hubby thinks it is:laugh: ) but I don’t think it’s too much to request she doesn’t get pregnant until after she gets married. I will gladly take her to the doctor for birth control to reduce the chances of that happening. For some reason she wasn’t happy about my view on that, why I’m not sure. Then she started telling me all these stories about miscarriages and abortions…..why???? :sad: :sad: I ended up crying last night she got me so upset. I’m fine now and I feel a little bad about getting so upset in front of her but hubby told me not to worry about it.
  • brittonymiller
    brittonymiller Posts: 2,061 Member
    Options
    Anne- It's going to be pretty hot here too. The outfit is this cute little blue dress with matching bloomers. She also gave us a matching headband with a bow. I don't feel the need to put her in footies or a hat since it'll be so hot and muggy outside. I'll most likely just have a receiving blanket ready if I think we need it.

here's the link: http://www.target.com/Carters-Infant-Girls-Floral-Dress/dp/B004OFBA1U/ref=br_1_16?ie=UTF8&id=Carters Infant Girls Floral Dress&node=16014961&searchSize=30&searchView=grid3&searchPage=1&sr=1-16&qid=1308325362&rh=&searchBinNameList=style_name,sleeve_type,price,target_com_primary_color-bin,target_com_brand-bin,target_com_character-bin&searchRank=pmrank&frombrowse=1
  • ron2282
    ron2282 Posts: 2,772 Member
    Options
    Anne- It's going to be pretty hot here too. The outfit is this cute little blue dress with matching bloomers. She also gave us a matching headband with a bow. I don't feel the need to put her in footies or a hat since it'll be so hot and muggy outside. I'll most likely just have a receiving blanket ready if I think we need it.

here's the link: http://www.target.com/Carters-Infant-Girls-Floral-Dress/dp/B004OFBA1U/ref=br_1_16?ie=UTF8&id=Carters Infant Girls Floral Dress&node=16014961&searchSize=30&searchView=grid3&searchPage=1&sr=1-16&qid=1308325362&rh=&searchBinNameList=style_name,sleeve_type,price,target_com_primary_color-bin,target_com_brand-bin,target_com_character-bin&searchRank=pmrank&frombrowse=1

I love it! So cute!
  • Mamatoabunch
    Mamatoabunch Posts: 749
    Options

Annabelle - What a beautiful birth story, thank you for sharing! I have a question, if you don't mind answering. If you tear during labor, how do you repair it?

I have never torn, have always birthed in water and only pushed w/ desire, never told when to push. If I did tear then I would use steri strips and super glue over that or nothing and stay in bed w/ my legs more together, no sitting cross legged. Tears wil heal w/o stitching and often much better, from the inside out, instead of outside in.
  • Mamatoabunch
    Mamatoabunch Posts: 749
    Options

Hang in there, we are praying for you both.

I don't clean anything up, everyone in my house helps w/ that, mostly dh. It is my family instead of strangers. I still haven't done much of anything.
  • AnneElise
    Options
    Britt- I love that!

Here is what I was thinking about!

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11128074
  • AnneElise
    Options
    Ron- Those are emotional topics for us preggo's right now. They should know better than to bring it up at this point. Everyone has their own opinion but don't let them make you feel bad for yours!