40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Replies

• nadler64
    nadler64 Posts: 124 Member
    Second virtual Ironman - finished this morning (a week ahead of my training plan, woohoo!). HA.
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    WHITE BLANKET OF DEATH IS UPON US.

Well sort of.
    About 30 miles south there was a foot of snow. Here the storm underachieved. Everything closed in anticipation, and we got maybe 4 inches. We have a couple of long drive ways so it took me some 45 minutes to clear just the one going to the garage. God will have to clear the other one. We're far enough south that we'll be back above freezing and it faces south. So it wIll be clear soon enough.
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Allenpriest and others, glad to hear you weren't affected greatly by the storm. I'm in south Texas so the winter here has been great so far, low mid 30-40 and high in the 60s-70s. We can't complain...

Thanks everyone! I feel better today, I haven't been limping much and the wound is drying up some. It's pretty ugly though. I hope the nail comes out nicely and quickly but most importantly healthy! I'm hoping to be able to leave the house momentarily this weekend. I'm having cabin fever! Might attempt a workout on Monday. I worked out pretty hard Sun to Wed so I'm good for this week. My eating has been pretty good as well.

Wishing everyone a safe and healthy weekend!!!
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    today is "rest" day...and it's snowing like hell! if my day goes well...I won't get out of my pajamas!!! fitbit steps be damned! :D
  • kimiuzzell
    kimiuzzell Posts: 611 Member
    Today I squat 67.5kg. Almost did myself a lap of honour around the gym!!
  • gam3rguy
    well...that didn't happen. the snow got to deep for the pup. so...I had to put on pants. I dug her a snow maze in my back yard. we've been playing in the snow. taking a break right now...and she's whining to go back out and play more. almost got my 10,000 steps just running around in the yard. guess i'll end up getting it when we go back out.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,897 Member
    I love those pictures sooooo much!

• NealNH
    NealNH Posts: 105 Member
    gam3rguy wrote: »
    well...that didn't happen. the snow got to deep for the pup. so...I had to put on pants. I dug her a snow maze in my back yard. we've been playing in the snow. taking a break right now...and she's whining to go back out and play more. almost got my 10,000 steps just running around in the yard. guess i'll end up getting it when we go back out.
    Great pics Gam3rguy. The pup knows you really wanted to play in the snow not miss it by sitting inside all day. :)
  • NealNH
    Made it through my first week of retirement. Increased my treadmill time from 30 minutes a day to 90 minutes (2 45minute sessions), continued strength training and cut back a little on the calories since I haven't been losing the 1.5 per week I wanted. Just weighed in and lost 3 pounds. Try one more week and then adjust the calories up if I get the same result.
  • gam3rguy
    thanks Beeps and NealNH. we had fun. today I have to do the less fun shoveling.

oh...Chest & Tris=Done!
  • gam3rguy
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    edited January 2016
    We didn't have but a few inches of snow. Still the dog liked running around in it. Makes our walks a challenge as the sidewalks are mostly ice. I end up walking in the street while he runs in the snowy yards.

For my daughter in Africa it is 90F with 85percent humidity where she is.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,897 Member
    We were in kelowna this weekend visiting hubby's dad and stepmom.

No workout.
  • alf1163
    Gam, I know shoveling is a lot of work but I just love love love the pictures!!! Your dog looks so happy! :)

I miss working out so much. I'm doing something tomorrow for sure!!!! My toe looks ok, not limping anymore. It's still raw and don't want to re-open the wound.

Neal, good planning!!!

• gam3rguy
    LEGS=DONE!
  • kimiuzzell
    kimiuzzell Posts: 611 Member
    No workout for me today after a busy exercise weekend... But I did buy two kettlebells and farmers walked them from the store to the car....including 2 flights of stairs. My arms certainly felt it!!
  • NealNH
    alf1163 wrote: »
    Neal, good planning!!!
    Thanks alf1163, I would love to try and keep up the 3lbs pace but I know it is to fast and will catch up to me in time. Hoping to settle in on a relatively consistent 1.5 to 2.
    Neal
  • ZeroTX
    ZeroTX Posts: 179 Member
    What's the story with this thread/group? I'm 40, which I hate to admit (I liked 30-something), and always looking for encouraging people doing great things at our age :P Is 40 really the new 30?
  • alf1163
    edited January 2016
    Neal, you are so right. But it does feel great to lose 3lbs in a week. It's usually short lived especially if one is close to the goal.

@ZeroTX, we are a bunch of cool 40+ kids who like to take care of ourselves by eating healthy and exercising. Come on in and join the conversation.

@kimiuzzell, I love working out with kettle bells but haven't owned any. I have only used them at the gym, I saw some nice ones at TJ MAXX but I don't know what to buy. I don't want to end up with a bunch of them. Any recommendations? I don't like to do the snatch? Exercise, it scares me. LOL I have bad shoulders. But I like to do the squats with them etc