When I see this in the GYM it ticks me off ??? lol

Options

Replies

• PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Chill out a litt, this is just GYM dislikes.... Let's not not pick everyone's post.

Let's not pick everyone's post, let's just pick the people at the gym who can't even respond.

These threads rarely end well for good reason.

They're so lucky to have a voice through you! lol but seriously..this is a thread complaining about gym etiquette, not a thread complaining about people complaining about gym etiquette.

Except most of the complaints I see are actually about people and not etiquette.
  • time2cutnow
    time2cutnow Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    People who don't lock the door to the bathroom (I go to small gym with 4 private bathrooms). I saw a guys junk last month and it was extremely awkward.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options

Chill out a litt, this is just GYM dislikes.... Let's not not pick everyone's post.

Let's not pick everyone's post, let's just pick the people at the gym who can't even respond.

They're so lucky to have a voice through you! lol but seriously..this is a thread complaining about gym etiquette, not a thread complaining about people complaining about gym etiquette.

I'm not speaking for anyone. I'm just amused by those who complain about others judging them but judge others.

Last time I checked wearing makeup to the gym, wearing a thong or being thinner than someone wasn't against gym etiquette.
  • michaelafoor916
    michaelafoor916 Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    PikaKnight wrote: »

Except most of the complaints I see are actually about people and not etiquette.

tumblr_inline_o0rv8inK3g1r79k32_500.gif
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    My 24/7 has now decided it's a good idea to have "classes". There is no private area for this, but they act like there is. If I'm in the cross training area utilizing plyo boxes, ropes (that I can't just move) etc... I'm in "their area" and they feel the need to workout right on top of whomever was there first...

Good times....
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    PikaKnight wrote: »

tumblr_inline_o0rv8inK3g1r79k32_500.gif

tumblr_inline_molnl1Dxhh1qz4rgp.gif
  • texxaskid77
    texxaskid77 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I always thought that was crazy!!! Men walking around letting it all Air Out !!!!
  • time2cutnow
    edited January 2016
    Options

I'm not speaking for anyone. I'm just amused by those who complain about others judging them but judge others.

Last time I checked wearing makeup to the gym, wearing a thong or being thinner than someone wasn't against gym etiquette.

People get annoyed by different things, I get that you're trying to be to good guy here, but this is the internet and you're wasting your time.

I wear thongs and makeup to the gym and don't really GAF if this annoys someone or if they freely post about it on the internet.

Bad form annoys me. Should it? No. It shouldn't. But it does.
  • texxaskid77
    Options
    Rgv2.... Seen them do that at my old gym! I'm like really .
  • GUARDiAN_GUiLD
    GUARDiAN_GUiLD Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    When they hate on me for being able to do handstands on the stair-climber while wearing a tuxedo.

When they hate on me for being able to roller-skate sideways and bust a reverse and spin at 8.0 and above on the treadmill. Incline at max.

When they stare at me for wearing a rabbit suit on the elliptical machine.

When I bring in an actual 80's stereo system and blast Creed or Nickelback and start break-dancing.

It's like, yo, we can still go get ice cream after or somethin'. I ain't mad. B)

• texxaskid77
    Options
    Fell free to
    Add me
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    curves2j wrote: »
    People that constantly check in and tell everyone on Facebook/IG about going to the gym.

I always check in to FB when I hit the gym. I have friends that nonstop post fatty food dinner pics, many of whom never work out and are starting to suffer the consequences as they age. Seeing that I work out regularly may spark an interest at some point. Or not.

If seeing that I check in at a gym a few days a week is that annoying, unfriend me or stop receiving my updates on your feed. If people engaging in healthy activities is that annoying, that is an internal issue with them, and we are likely incompatible as friends.
  • texxaskid77
    Options
    Hmm, never thought of it like that ... ^^^
  • time2cutnow
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Just gonna leave this here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z33BNjRItRo
  • texxaskid77
    Options
    Hahahahaha !!! Cold blood !!!
  • dwolfe1985
    dwolfe1985 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    bw_conway wrote: »
    People that constantly check in and tell everyone on Facebook/IG about going to the gym.

I always check in to FB when I hit the gym. I have friends that nonstop post fatty food dinner pics, many of whom never work out and are starting to suffer the consequences as they age. Seeing that I work out regularly may spark an interest at some point. Or not.

If seeing that I check in at a gym a few days a week is that annoying, unfriend me or stop receiving my updates on your feed. If people engaging in healthy activities is that annoying, that is an internal issue with them, and we are likely incompatible as friends.

I haven't ever checked in, the only time people have a clue I go is when they see me in person. They are usually pretty Suprised I have muscles lol.
  • crpoll5
    crpoll5 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Teenagers!
  • time2cutnow
    Options
    crpoll5 wrote: »
    Teenagers!

giphy.gif
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options

This was obviously a setup, but highly enjoyable, I watched it 5-6 times
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    TR0berts wrote: »
    People that take excessive amount of selfies while supposedly working out.

That one girl in a group class who thinks she looks better than you and is skinnier than you so she can do it all better than you.

How do you know this?

My guess? She's that person.

This is a corollary of that "you wouldn't say this in person" thing, isn't it? Because they know that *they* wouldn't so they assume others are similar.