Vegan missionary attacking my steak dinner

Options
Tell me this is a 1-off and that there aren't an army of them around?

Chick adds me

I had posted that I was stalling in my weight loss.

She said it was because I eat furbabies and should watch forks over spoons or knives or someother mockumentary

Then she said that I shouldn't add her if I don't want honest feedback

But....she added me.

So I delete her comment because useless jabber... And she proceeds to PM me?!

So. Vegans. I like you. You are good people. But I hope there isn't a rogue mission trying to convert the rest of us who like eating food that once had a face?

Replies

• Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    Tell her to pound sand.
  • starwhisperer6
    starwhisperer6 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    as long as it doesn't actively have a face when I eat it I am good. That whole fish thing freaks me out.
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    Options
    Oh wow. That's some nerve!

Unfortunately, there are quite a few fanatical ones around here. I agree with your in that I like Vegans, I just don't like the attacks.
  • DaddieCat
    DaddieCat Posts: 3,646 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Some vegans are like that. Speaking as a vegan, they should all go live on an island where they can be condescending to each other and argue over whose vegan super powers are greater. Life is too short for evangelical crap and the world needs too much diversity for there to ever be a mono-diet, no matter your feels on the subject of animal welfare.

*edited for spelling.
  • BoaRestrictor
    BoaRestrictor Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Wait? On here? That's not common. Most vegans/vegetarians don't care if someone else eats meat. Just delete her and move on.
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    Options
    @BecomingBane is one of the nice Vegans ;)
  • Expatmommy79
    Expatmommy79 Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    Yup I deleted her... But I'm newish... So was curious if there was a movement afoot.

Glad to know she went rogue!
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    I mean, if someone asks me "Should I go vegan?" I figure they want to hear what I have to say about it. Otherwise, I figure they don't.

PMing people who didn't ask for my opinion? No, I can't imagine doing that.
  • veganbettie
    veganbettie Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    i've found that the people that have just recently become vegan are more like that than others, i know in the beginning of my own veganism i was like that too, maybe not SO crazy as your experience, but preachy nonetheless. As most of us continue our journey, in my experience, we learn that doesn't work to convert people...

So I would personally block and move on.

Not cool random vegan person, not cool.

• chunky_pinup
    chunky_pinup Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    I'm vegan. My husband is not. He says I can cook up a steak better than him. Your food, your choice. Chick sounds like she could use a little fiber to loosen up that *kitten*.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    delete her *kitten*
  • Expatmommy79
    Options
    I'm vegan. My husband is not. He says I can cook up a steak better than him. Your food, your choice. Chick sounds like she could use a little fiber to loosen up that *kitten*.

Hahaha if I didn't already delete her I would have said that!!
  • janejellyroll
    Options
    Sorry you had a bad experience with a vegan. Just like non-vegans, some of us have chill. Some of us don't.

BunnyCling__97642.1442524897.490.588.jpg?c=2
  • HorrorGeekLiz
    HorrorGeekLiz Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Militant Vegans are why the term "ve*an" started appearing. People were embarrassed by their fanatical PETA crazed counterparts that were creating the reputation that all vegans are going to pour paint on your steak, ruin your dinner, and condemn you to hell for being an omnivore. It's sad really. Live and let live. I've never had that happen to me here. One just happened to find you. Block them and move on.
  • janejellyroll
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Militant Vegans are why the term "ve*an" started appearing. People were embarrassed by their fanatical PETA crazed counterparts that were creating the reputation that all vegans are going to pour paint on your steak, ruin your dinner, and condemn you to hell for being an omnivore. It's sad really. Live and let live. I've never had that happen to me here. One just happened to find you. Block them and move on.

I thought the term "ve*an" was created so there would be a term to describe both vegans and vegetarians.
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    Some people will add you with their own personal agenda. Maybe based on a way of eating, or maybe because they want to sell you a product. Feel free to unfriend and block as needed. BUT that is not the mainstream of MFP.
  • Expatmommy79
    Options
    What does the * in ve*an stand for? I've never seen that before....
  • BarbieAS
    BarbieAS Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    Unsolicited advice in general is BS. Of all sorts. Diet, parenting, religious, whatever.

If I walk up to you and say "does my tukhus look fat in these jeans?" then I'm welcoming your opinion on whether my tukhus looks fat. If you walk up to ME out of the blue and say "hey, your tukhus looks fat in those jeans" then you're a wordofyourchoicethattheforumfilterwouldcatch. Same thing.

It happens occasionally here. Not often, and usually it's a bit more subtle than outright PMing someone to tell them why they're a bad person, but it does happen. Delete, ignore, move on. If you didn't ask, you don't have to listen.
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    Who is it? So that way if they try to add me I'll just decline. :D
  • HorrorGeekLiz
    HorrorGeekLiz Posts: 195 Member
    Options

I thought the term "ve*an" was created so there would be a term to describe both vegans and vegetarians.

Perhaps. When I was a vegan, folks in my support circle cited it as above and used it in that context- it's vegan written like it's a curse word. There were lengthy debates about how vegans should stop being embarrassed by telling people they were vegan, stop using that *, yadda yadda.