Motivation, Success and Frustration Sharing!

Options

Replies

• ShyCush6
    ShyCush6 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    GO BRONCOS!!

I'm with you!! If it can't be the Packers... Go Broncos!! I like Manning!
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    janetay01 wrote: »
    0.8lbs down from where I was last week - small loss but every little counts! Hope everyone had good weekends - went swimming with my little one on Saturday. Well, let's be honest he doesn't swim yet - they are currently getting them used to going underwater, holding onto flotation devices etc. I don't log it as exercise as I spend most of the time just supporting him and catching him when they launch him towards me in the water but my legs sure feel it afterwards so I'm hoping it's doing me some good!

Fell off the wagon yesterday with logging food in the face of some rather lovely fruit cake that Alistair's godparents brought round in the afternoon - it would have been rude not to indulge! Back to it today - I'm finding that weekdays are easier for me to keep track right now and I figure that if I do that 5/7 days then I'm on track far more than I'm not. Baby steps!

Have a great week all :)
    Every ounce counts in the right direction!!!! Today is a new day!! You got this.... ;)
  • ShyCush6
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Rachel0778 wrote: »
    Love this!

Sounds like everyone is really rocking their goals lately (with some fun indulgences mixed in)! I've been in the same boat. This weekend I went over to my friend's house for a pizza night and I was well within my calories and satiated. It helps that she's also on the healthy train so she made sure to have a veggie side dish.

Back in my old dieting days of eating way too few calories I would have agonized over the pizza and probably binged later. My higher calorie allotment makes it so much easier to go with the flow, and I no longer feel ravenous (thank goodness!). It really goes to show how different plans work for different people.

Pizza is my biggest downfall... I usually set aside calories the day I know I will be eating it as I know I have a hard time with 1 or 2 pieces! I always cut them really small too so I might eat 3 pieces but only equals to 2 normal size ones but it's a mind play! =)
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    danan01 wrote: »
    Yay-I met my 10,000 step goal Saturday and Sunday. Now if I can just keep that up for the week! Its a lot harder when you sit at a desk all day. And my office is so small they would think I am crazy if I just started walking in circles. Ha ha... But-It is definitely motivating watching the number on the fitbit climb! My husband and kids already think I am crazy when I start walking circles in my house, but that's ok. Every step counts! Happy Monday-Have a great week!

WAY TO GO! Sweet!! It does feel great when it buzzes on your wrist!! Happy Dance!! My husband thinks I am crazy too! But if it keeps you moving!!
  • CariTJR
    CariTJR Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    ShyCush6 wrote: »
    CariTJR wrote: »
    Excellent, I was wondering how to see the weekly calories, I'm like you, I'll bank calories during the week to cover weekend excesses, like drinking 7 caramel vodkas as I did last night. . ...whoooooops!

Thanks for being honest... cuz that is so me!! Maybe not caramel vodka but I'm a sucker for Jack Fire & Pepsi!!! It's just so good! LOL! I just might have to try the caramel vodka though!!
    2E8DF2EB00000578-3322233-image-m-61_1447890062794.jpg

Love Jack Fire! I so want to give this picture a thumbs up, but there isn't one, so here's a verbal one *thumbs up!*
  • bluepoppies777
    bluepoppies777 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Happy to say I am on day 22 of 30 day with no booze...but those vodka drinks sound SO good right now! Lol!!!
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    Happy to say I am on day 22 of 30 day with no booze...but those vodka drinks sound SO good right now! Lol!!!

Way to go!!! You can do it!!!! Way to stick to it!
  • ChangeIsADecision
    ChangeIsADecision Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    I’m taking a break…. My brain feels like it’s on a hamster wheel. Running and running and running!!! I’m exhausted from lack of sleep, trying to focus on so many things and not really focusing on anything, my body, my weight, work projects, trying to stay checked in to too many things online, counting calories, counting steps, counting carbs, yadda, yadda, yadda. I’m sure many of you can relate! My brain just needs some basic time. Workout, eat healthy (for the most part), reading a book, make some jewelry… and chill out. I’m in the middle of menopause and a lot of times I feel I have it together… except for the dang hot flashes… but right now, today, I’m about to lose it. Had a meltdown this morning… my awesome husband is so wonderful, he is always ready to put out whatever fire I’ve got going on in my head. I know it’s just a phase… I know this too shall pass. But if anyone of you have suggestions for hot flashes please pm me. I have about 5-6 during the day…. 4-5 a night so it feels like I can’t get any sleep. I’m awake several times a night. I just need some relief from the constant up and down, freezing and sweating, every minute is different.
  • indygirl217
    indygirl217 Posts: 35 Member
    Options

ALRIGHT!!! THAT IS AWESOME!!!
  • indygirl217
    indygirl217 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    First weigh in today and I have lost 2.6 pounds. I was doing a happy dance (in the words of my three year old), "Shake your body, shake your body".
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    I’m taking a break…. My brain feels like it’s on a hamster wheel. Running and running and running!!! I’m exhausted from lack of sleep, trying to focus on so many things and not really focusing on anything, my body, my weight, work projects, trying to stay checked in to too many things online, counting calories, counting steps, counting carbs, yadda, yadda, yadda. I’m sure many of you can relate! My brain just needs some basic time. Workout, eat healthy (for the most part), reading a book, make some jewelry… and chill out. I’m in the middle of menopause and a lot of times I feel I have it together… except for the dang hot flashes… but right now, today, I’m about to lose it. Had a meltdown this morning… my awesome husband is so wonderful, he is always ready to put out whatever fire I’ve got going on in my head. I know it’s just a phase… I know this too shall pass. But if anyone of you have suggestions for hot flashes please pm me. I have about 5-6 during the day…. 4-5 a night so it feels like I can’t get any sleep. I’m awake several times a night. I just need some relief from the constant up and down, freezing and sweating, every minute is different.

Breaks are ok... I agree focus on he basics. Do what you need to do to stay on track... I found there are too many tools to help online and I try too much. So I have focused on longing my food and this forum. I don't check out much else on this sight. I was in some other groups but I need to focus on one to keep it solid and I let the rest go. You guys are my core... this is where I come to vent. Less really is more... =)
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    So today I had 5k steps before I even left for work!! Sweet! Not so sweet part of the story is I had to shovel for an hour and a half to get them! ;) Glad I got them though so I won't complain too much! Shooting for 15k as I normally wouldn't have 5k so early in the morning!! Today is my late day at work so I will be pedaling under my desk most of the day!! Keep moving! =) Here's to a great week ladies! Let's do this!!
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    exercise-shirts-fitness-motivation.gif
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    First weigh in today and I have lost 2.6 pounds. I was doing a happy dance (in the words of my three year old), "Shake your body, shake your body".

AWESOME!!! Way to go girl!! Feels so good and motivating to keep working hard!!! You got this!!
    532b49cfb3009.gif
  • bluepoppies777
    Options
    Today is my 100th day in a row logging in!! I feel like it's a big deal, I have seen some of my friends that have logged in over 300 days in a row and hope that I can achieve that too!!
  • bluepoppies777
    Options
    I wrote on my wall but thought I would write it in the group too. I have lost 27 lbs in 100 days... There were some blood, sweat and tears to get there, and lots of ups and downs. Crazy how some days you can feel slim and confident and other days feel a bit out of control and wanting to eat the whole world! But I realize it is perseverance and commitment to a goal, my health and myself! I still have a long way to go, 35 lbs left to lose. I'm sure there will be lots of highs and lows, but I am going to achieve my goal this year! Before my 41 bday in September! Thanks to all you guys for the honesty and motivation and encouragement, I appreciate this group a lot!!
  • Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    I wrote on my wall but thought I would write it in the group too. I have lost 27 lbs in 100 days... There were some blood, sweat and tears to get there, and lots of ups and downs. Crazy how some days you can feel slim and confident and other days feel a bit out of control and wanting to eat the whole world! But I realize it is perseverance and commitment to a goal, my health and myself! I still have a long way to go, 35 lbs left to lose. I'm sure there will be lots of highs and lows, but I am going to achieve my goal this year! Before my 41 bday in September! Thanks to all you guys for the honesty and motivation and encouragement, I appreciate this group a lot!!
    ShyCush6 wrote: »
    So today I had 5k steps before I even left for work!! Sweet! Not so sweet part of the story is I had to shovel for an hour and a half to get them! ;) Glad I got them though so I won't complain too much! Shooting for 15k as I normally wouldn't have 5k so early in the morning!! Today is my late day at work so I will be pedaling under my desk most of the day!! Keep moving! =) Here's to a great week ladies! Let's do this!!

You guys are all amazing! Way to go!!!!!
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    Today is my 100th day in a row logging in!! I feel like it's a big deal, I have seen some of my friends that have logged in over 300 days in a row and hope that I can achieve that too!!

Awesome job!! That's amazing!! I really want to start doing better on the weekends! So I give you tons of kudos!!
  • ShyCush6
    Options

You are a true motivator!! Way to go!! I will be 41 in September and I will be right there fighting with you along the way!! 35 lbs. would put me where I want to be as well!! So let's do this together!! A great birthday gift and a blessing to share the progress, the sweat and the tears with someone!! I am so determined.. Let's do this!!
  • aemommy1973
    aemommy1973 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Well hurt my back the end of November at work. Started physical therapy last week. I am on the mend feeling stronger everyday. Being hurt really has been an eye opener to me.... Your health IS everything. You all are doing an awesome job. Keep up the good work!!!