Young Working Women (career, not corner) *CLOSED GROUP*

Options

Replies

• Drunkadelic
    Drunkadelic Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    My diary is open and if you are in this group feel free to add me!!
  • SalPal03
    SalPal03 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Hi, Osucristina!

I sent you a message / friended you after your last "Young working women" personal add you posted a few days ago but I'm not part of this group. :frown:

I would love to join this group, however I completely understand if I can't.
    I'm just SO ready to back at it now that the playoffs are over.

Best of lucky all you young working ladies!:happy:

Sally
  • AmberM6912
    AmberM6912 Posts: 79
    Options
    I'm here -- and TGIF! (I get to give 2 weeks' notice to my crap job on Monday!)

I will (Hopefully) be giving my notice next week too! Congrats on the new job!!
  • katt742
    katt742 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Here! Yes, we can call me Katt!!

Weigh in on Monday huh....sheesh
  • katt742
    katt742 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Here! - Have a great weekend everyone...I've got 3 cookouts to go to this weekend :drinker: and I will try my best to stay away from too much potato salad (a weakness!)

I am going to a baseball game tonight (beer, nachos, hot dogs OH MY!) :drinker: And then my family reunion tomorrow! (ribs, pasta, etc...) So Monday will be rough lol!!! Good luck to you!
  • Drunkadelic
    Options
    I'm here -- and TGIF! (I get to give 2 weeks' notice to my crap job on Monday!)

I will (Hopefully) be giving my notice next week too! Congrats on the new job!!

I CANNOT wait till I give my 2 weeks. Still waiting on that better job though :(
  • osucristina
    osucristina Posts: 197
    Options
    Hi, Osucristina!

I sent you a message / friended you after your last "Young working women" personal add you posted a few days ago but I'm not part of this group. :frown:

I would love to join this group, however I completely understand if I can't.
    I'm just SO ready to back at it now that the playoffs are over.

Best of lucky all you young working ladies!:happy:

Sally

Oops sorry! I missed a few people and yes I remember your message! Welcome Sally!
  • gayle80
    gayle80 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Congrats to everyone starting new jobs! I left my horrid rubbish old job in Feb to start nursing and I love it! Yay for making a change :)
  • KeshiaV
    KeshiaV Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Scarlett Johansson/katy perry/any curvy but fit women is my insperation.

For lunch today I'm having an Amy's indian meal (was too tired last night to cook something).

Are any of your food journals open? I'd love to see what everyone else eats! :)

My diary is open, feel free to friend me :)
  • charc16
    charc16 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Mine is open also! Not super exciting, but feel free to look!

On another note, I just did Jillian Michael's "Burn Fat, Boost Metabolism" and holy balls (can I say that here?) it was HARD! According to my HRM I burned 437 calories! Now time for a big dinner. Hope everyone had a good weekend! YAY!!!
  • gayle80
    Options
    Scarlett Johansson/katy perry/any curvy but fit women is my insperation.

For lunch today I'm having an Amy's indian meal (was too tired last night to cook something).

Are any of your food journals open? I'd love to see what everyone else eats! :)

My diary is open, feel free to friend me :)

Mine is open to friends I think so feel free to friend me (but I have been eating a lot of the same things so far cos that's what's in the cupboard lol)

So is the 30 day shred worth a go then? Been tempted to try it but don't know anyone who's got it
  • CaseyBee
    CaseyBee Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I was thinking about seeing if the library had it to do a test drive... I'd like to start it too. I don't know anyone who has it, but I've heard (and seen) great things about 30DS on MFP for sure.
  • gayle80
    Options
    A lot of people here seem really keen on it, I noticed that :)

Might have a scout about online and see if I can pick it up cheaply!
  • charc16
    charc16 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I am on Day 27 of the 30 Day Shred. So far I have lost I think...between 5 and 7 pounds. It is a good workout, I wake up before work and do it and then go do some cardio after work at the gym. So all the results can't be contributed to the 30 Day Shred probably, but I think it's really great for toning/strength. I think I am beginning to see the beginning of some abs! :) I would suggest getting it. If nothing else, it is only like $8 (cheaper on Amazon) and good for days when you only have a few minutes to get a workout in.
  • gayle80
    Options
    @charc16 The workouts are only 20 mins, is that right? Going to have to try this aren't I? ;)
  • danellajade
    Options
    im in. (danella) :)
  • kate2004rock
    kate2004rock Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I'm weiging in for the week a little early --- I weigh myself on Sunday mornings---

I am at 162, for a loss of 3.4 lbs this week! I;m pretty excited to hit the 5lb mark....and only 4lbs away from the 10lb mark!
  • CaseyBee
    CaseyBee Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Wow, great job, Kate!

I just brought Jillian's Ripped in 30 DVD home from Costco this afternoon... sitting here reading the thread about it is making me excited (and really nervous!) for tomorrow! Also got some beautiful new running shoes at TJ Maxx... can't wait to take them for a spin!

Weigh-in tomorrow, don't be afraid! All we can do is our best, hey? :) See you tomorrow!
  • gayle80
    Options
    Morning! Well it's Monday already here so here goes nothing! I am 190.75lb today, down about 2lb from last week I think so that's fine :) I am on my way.

I am seriously going to have to look into this Jillian thing! :)
  • Drunkadelic
    Options
    Good morning beautiful ladies! I don't know about where you're from, but it's raining something awful here. Boo!

Okay for my first Monday morning weigh in.... 152.8 lbs. Up a little since my weigh in on Friday and up a lot from the lowest I hit on Wednesday of last week. Ugh stupid fluctuating weight loss.

On a semi-related note: are any of you on birth control and notice that it really slows down your weight loss? I don't tend to actually lose noticeable weight until the week of my period, and then I normally drop 3-5 lbs in one week. As soon as I start a new pack I slowly gain a little back until I'm almost back to where I started. Very frustrating.