What nobody tells you about losing weight

Replies

• vikkihogan
    vikkihogan Posts: 15 Member
    You may have troubles seeing yourself as the new slimmer you. It is years later and I still do not recognize myself in pictures sometimes.
  • orange_hoodie
    orange_hoodie Posts: 65 Member
    vikkihogan wrote: »
    You may have troubles seeing yourself as the new slimmer you. It is years later and I still do not recognize myself in pictures sometimes.

I've seen other people post about this before and thought "how could that be?" Then yesterday I was tagged in a Facebook post and couldn't find myself. The Better Half had to point me out. An oddly unnerving feeling.
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Those so-called friends who snub you or make snarky remarks about your weight loss journey are NOT your friends. True friends are not jealous but are inspired by your hard work and dedication. So out with with weight and in with new friends if your old friends aren't supportive. :-)

I agree, I was lucky that my closest friends have been really supportive. I had a few people on the outskirts of the friends that were not supportive. Most of them just said nothing, I did get one..."most people gain it all back plus some" in a very snide tone.
  • Diana_GettingFit
    Diana_GettingFit Posts: 458 Member
    I know it's been said many times already but I never imagined I would feel so cold. Especially my hands. Hopefully the trade off will be not sweating so much in the summer.
  • IILikeToMoveItMoveIt
    IILikeToMoveItMoveIt Posts: 1,172 Member
    That you'll fight yourself over the clothes sizes you think you should be in and the size that you actually are. I was trying to find compression pants and battled myself over what size I really am. I had my little ones with me, so after 5 mins I just grabbed a couple of sizes, tried them on and the smaller ones fit! Yay! Double yay to the fact I can get better cuts and colors of clothes a lot easier (and cheaper) now.
  • KareninLux
    KareninLux Posts: 1,413 Member
    In addition to actually (finally) understanding the calorie load and nutrient value of the food I am eating, MFP is teaching me patience. I am okay with weight-loss progress moving more slowly ... I know I am moving in the right direction.
  • GeordieLaforge
    GeordieLaforge Posts: 40 Member
    KareninLux wrote: »
    In addition to actually (finally) understanding the calorie load and nutrient value of the food I am eating, MFP is teaching me patience. I am okay with weight-loss progress moving more slowly ... I know I am moving in the right direction.

@KareninLux This. So much this. I'm in zero rush to change my body or reach my goal. I have so much patience and understanding for myself. I've learned so much about self acceptance on this journey, glad you have too! :smiley:
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    bump
  • zira91
    zira91 Posts: 670 Member
    i dont recognize myself in picture.. yup so much differences when comparing the picture of before and progress.. its still is hard to believe that i did look so much smaller..

very difficult to find clothes size because i need to convince myself that the smaller size now fit. In fact i end up buying clothes with the size a tad too big even after i lose weight. Its baggy and i cant wear it. So, trying it out before buying is definitely the option.
    of coz, i still love clothes shopping. especially when i can actually fit into the cute clothes..

lying on the floor is uncomfortable..

all the money you need to spend on new clothes. and shoes.. and apparently if you lose some more, again money to change your entire wardrobe.. huh..
    although im pretty sure we're doing it with a very big proud smile on our face.. :smiley:

• tkphotogirl
    tkphotogirl Posts: 245 Member

Along with this goes the desire to never wear ill-fitting or baggy clothes again. I spent a couple years in baggy clothes as my weight came off. Before that, I pretty much just bought whatever fit. Now I'm picky and I hate wearing baggy clothes.

A thousand times this! I go in changing rooms now after years of picking up stretchy stuff and crossing my fingers...
  • Cutemesoon
    Cutemesoon Posts: 2,646 Member
    @Angelfire365 Fellow 34H wearer here. Try amazon.com. I purchased some really supportive ones for around $40! :-)

• brb_2013
    brb_2013 Posts: 1,197 Member
    _SKIM_ wrote: »
    How the effort and mindset of the act of losing weight becomes a blueprint for other things in life you want to achieve.

The application itself is what's life changing, more so than the actual loss.

I agree, the self control and confidence you gain from making the choices needed to reach you goal is the real prize.
  • nettasaura
    nettasaura Posts: 173 Member
    That you can get new stretch marks. :/
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!