The Master's Hammer & Chisel - Start Jan 4th

Options

Replies

• Tammy_Christopher
    Tammy_Christopher Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday everyone. Workout done for the day, only one more left to finish week 3. We have a pretty big snow storm coming later this afternoon into tomorrow. Lots of shoveling ahead I'm sure, and of course a little play :# Everyone else in he path of the storm stay safe!!
  • mj4567
    mj4567 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Anyone else have different size thighs? Lol. My left is a half inch smaller than my right.
  • Tammy_Christopher
    Options
    mj4567 wrote: »
    Anyone else have different size thighs? Lol. My left is a half inch smaller than my right.

I notice that with my thighs and my calves lol. I think it has something to do with your dominant leg.
  • mj4567
    Options

I notice that with my thighs and my calves lol. I think it has something to do with your dominant leg.

I think you're right. My arms are different as well :)
  • mj4567
    Options
    Two days in to week three. I'm the most sore I've been since starting. I'm just hurting. Maybe I'm pushing too hard. Maybe I need to not do so
    Much jumping.
  • bananas162
    bananas162 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, hope you don't mind if I join your thread, I'm on Week 1 Day 3 and loving it!
  • Tammy_Christopher
    Options
    Today's Hammer and Chisel workout was replaced with shoveling (and playing in) 16 or more inches of snow. I'm whooped. Hubby is finishing up the drive way with the snow blower, chili is done in the crock pot and I'm ready for a shower and my blanket :) Hope everyone is surviving the snow. Have a good night!

Welcome aboard @bananas162. Good luck to you with the program :smile:
  • l0velife1
    l0velife1 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    So anyone who has tried Masters cardio is it worth $15? I see it on eBay.

I don't think it's really worth $15. It's only like 17 minutes or so? Better off just youtubing a cardio program or using the original workout they recommend :)
  • mj4567
    Options
    l0velife1 wrote: »
    So anyone who has tried Masters cardio is it worth $15? I see it on eBay.

I don't think it's really worth $15. It's only like 17 minutes or so? Better off just youtubing a cardio program or using the original workout they recommend :)

Thanks! I have plenty of cardio workouts I could use.
  • JennB1989
    JennB1989 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Just going the group now! I started Hammer and Chisel on Jan 4th so today is the start of week 4 for me. I've done a bunch of Beach Body programs (Insanity, Insanity Max, 21 Day Fix, 21 Day Fix Extreme and a few T25 workouts too). So far I really like this program (I always need a push when it comes to weight training). I think I might be gaining muscle since the scale has been consistently going up since I started this program (fingers crossed it is muscle because I don't think I eat enough for it to be fat).
    Today I did Chisel Balance for the third time in the program and the last move with the row and pistol squat always gets me!!!
  • mj4567
    Options
    JennB1989 wrote: »
    Just going the group now! I started Hammer and Chisel on Jan 4th so today is the start of week 4 for me. I've done a bunch of Beach Body programs (Insanity, Insanity Max, 21 Day Fix, 21 Day Fix Extreme and a few T25 workouts too). So far I really like this program (I always need a push when it comes to weight training). I think I might be gaining muscle since the scale has been consistently going up since I started this program (fingers crossed it is muscle because I don't think I eat enough for it to be fat).
    Today I did Chisel Balance for the third time in the program and the last move with the row and pistol squat always gets me!!!

Welcome! I too have done many beach body workouts but this is the first Time I've ever committed to actually doing the program as written. I really like it too. And those pistol squats are killer!
  • Tammy_Christopher
    Options
    Good morning all! Sorry I haven't checked in for a few days. Hope everyone is doing awesome. Can't believe I'm in week 4 of this program already, it's going so fast. How are all of you guys doing?

Welcome @JennB1989, hope you're enjoying it!
  • mj4567
    Options
    Good morning all! Sorry I haven't checked in for a few days. Hope everyone is doing awesome. Can't believe I'm in week 4 of this program already, it's going so fast. How are all of you guys doing?

I start week 4 tonight! It's flying by and I'm really enjoying it. And, my husband started it this week too :) we just have one set of selectechs so we have to work out separately but I prefer to work out alone anyway.
  • Tammy_Christopher
    Options

I start week 4 tonight! It's flying by and I'm really enjoying it. And, my husband started it this week too :) we just have one set of selectechs so we have to work out separately but I prefer to work out alone anyway.

It's crazy how fast it's going by. That is so awesome that your husband started the program too. I ended up getting some regular hand weights at walmart for these workouts, I was using selectech's too but kept feeling like they were too bulky for some of the moves. Good luck to your husband too :smile:

• mj4567
    Options

It's crazy how fast it's going by. That is so awesome that your husband started the program too. I ended up getting some regular hand weights at walmart for these workouts, I was using selectech's too but kept feeling like they were too bulky for some of the moves. Good luck to your husband too :smile:

I agree. I have hand weights up to 10 lbs. I only use selectechs when I use heavier than 10.
  • mj4567
    Options
    How is everyone doing? I'm almost finished with week 4. Not sure if I'm physically seeing changes I had hoped. But I started after getting to my goal weight and had already been working out on a regular basis. I am thinking maybe for the first time in my life I may be seeing some definition in my abs! Even though I had reached my goal I decided to try to lose a little more. At 48 if I could see ab muscles I would be ecstatic! Lol! Have a great day everyone!
  • JennB1989
    JennB1989 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    How is everyone doing? I'm almost finished with week 4. Not sure if I'm physically seeing changes I had hoped. But I started after getting to my goal weight and had already been working out on a regular basis. I am thinking maybe for the first time in my life I may be seeing some definition in my abs! Even though I had reached my goal I decided to try to lose a little more. At 48 if I could see ab muscles I would be ecstatic! Lol! Have a great day everyone!

Today was my first day of month 2. I really like the program but I agree with the not seeing the physical results that I had wanted. I'm also at my goal weight but just wanted to get a little tighter and some abs would be nice. I was also working out regularly before this so maybe that is why I'm not seeing great results? But I'm already half way done the program so I might as well just stick it out to the end.
  • mj4567
    Options

Today was my first day of month 2. I really like the program but I agree with the not seeing the physical results that I had wanted. I'm also at my goal weight but just wanted to get a little tighter and some abs would be nice. I was also working out regularly before this so maybe that is why I'm not seeing great results? But I'm already half way done the program so I might as well just stick it out to the end.

I'm in the same boat. I will finish it too because I do like it. And I've got to do something. My husband is in week 2. He was doing nothing except riding his bike and that was a few months ago. So maybe he will see a bigger change. Plus he needs to lose 30 or so pounds.
  • mj4567
    Options
    Starting month 2 today. I have a broken blood vessel in my eye and I'm wondering if it's from heavy weight. Maybe straining too much. I've never had one before.

I'm enjoying the program. Love the variety and I'm hoping to be able to push harder being more comfortable with it.

Have a great day :)
  • Tammy_Christopher
    Options
    Starting month 2 today. I have a broken blood vessel in my eye and I'm wondering if it's from heavy weight. Maybe straining too much. I've never had one before.

I'm enjoying the program. Love the variety and I'm hoping to be able to push harder being more comfortable with it.

Have a great day :)

Sorry to hear about the blood vessel :( That can't be fun! Hope it gets better quickly! And you're doing an amazing job, keep it up and good luck with month 2 :smiley: Have a great weekend!