40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• nadler64
    nadler64 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Better Half and I are headed to Florida at the end of the month to visit friends and get some sun. It occurred to me that I might not have any summer clothes that fit. Turns out...I don't. There are worse problems to have.vmxwj8rpfqu6.jpeg
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    gam3rguy wrote: »
    Shoulders=Done!

my mom bought girl scout cookies, just to support them. I have them now...I will eat them...ALL of them. :p

hnecglbcevcq.jpg

• stan9280
    stan9280 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Newbie here! I've been using MFP for a couple weeks now and happy to have found the 'cool kids'! Started at #212 in early January, down to #199 this week and had to adjust my belt a couple notches! Goal is to be #180 by March 7th.
    Daily calories: 1500 (45% protein, 30% carbs...the leafy green ones, 25% fat)
    Exercise: 500 burn 7 days per week incline treadmill or HIIT
    Still trying to log food accurately but I think I'm getting closer each day.
  • Twincle1970
    Twincle1970 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    triddering wrote: »
    I just had a co-worker come selling Girl Scout cookies... I read the nutrition info (never have I done that for those before) and I donated for the military without buying the cookies!!! That was hard, but I am thankful I am not getting a setback due to indulging in the cookies!!!

learning how little the girls make on those has made it easier to say no.

:D:D:D

• alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    stan9280 wrote: »
    Newbie here! I've been using MFP for a couple weeks now and happy to have found the 'cool kids'! Started at #212 in early January, down to #199 this week and had to adjust my belt a couple notches! Goal is to be #180 by March 7th.
    Daily calories: 1500 (45% protein, 30% carbs...the leafy green ones, 25% fat)
    Exercise: 500 burn 7 days per week incline treadmill or HIIT
    Still trying to log food accurately but I think I'm getting closer each day.

Welcome!! It looks like you are doing a fantastic job!! You will hit your goal in no time!
  • alf1163
    Options
    blp66 wrote: »
    I don't know how to actually join this. I'm 49 hoping to be down 30 pounds (40 would be even better!) by the time I turn 50 in November. I already like MFP so much more than anything I've ever tried before. Such a great sense of support with these groups and friends you make to cheer each other on and pick each other back up after a bad day or slip. Just getting back to basics and counting calories makes so much more sense than just carbs, points, cutting out food groups, etc. Tracking is the key for sure, but having like minded and like spirited peeps to share the ride with is wonderful!

Hi!!! Welcome to the thread. You need to go anything special to join just post away! We are here to learn and encourage one another. Stay consistent and you will look fabulous on your 50th! My birthday is Nov 11 but I will be 53 this year.
  • alf1163
    Options
    Nadler, that is a wonderful problem to have!!!! Have s great time!!!!

Cookies?!?!?! Who said cookies?!?! I avoid GS cookies like the plague!!! Sorry Gam but I don't have the "luxury" like you to indulge in any type of sweets.

I've had a couple of NSVs this week like not eating bread and cheesecake at The Cheesecake Factory, nit getting a Mocha or Frapuccino even when it involves extra rewards, not buying myself a pastry when I went to an awesome bakery to get something for a coworker on her birthday and taking the stairs to my office on the 13th floor!!! I lost 3 lbs in Feb, not a lot but I hope I don't see them again!! My clothes are fitting looser now so I'm moving in the right direction.

Have a great evening!!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Rest"=Done!
    I still have two weeks of "bulking", so...cookies are in. they're not that bad if I stick to the serving size.
  • justsaynyet
    justsaynyet Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Wow furballs that's amazing. How?
  • 3furballs
    3furballs Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Justsaynet. Not sure what we're taking about?
  • trentnert
    trentnert Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Nadler64 - that's awesome work !!

Week 4 of being back here, and I've only had a couple wobbles, but otherwise still on the fitness wagon.. :)
  • haweller2708
    haweller2708 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Definitely 40+ so I fit that category and I certainly need all the support I can get. I am trying to make a healthy diet and exercise program a way of life instead of a intermittent thing that I do when unhappy with the way I look and feeling sluggish and unmotivated. Weight loss would be nice but in reality not a must. Support from like minded people always makes these type of ventures less difficult.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    Chest & Tris=Done!
  • alf1163
    Options
    Hi cool kids!!!! It's been a very good week for me. Lots of NSVs, eating very well, back to exercising!! I bought a new toy. I hope my husband puts it together this weekend. I can't wait to use it.

Happy Friday evening!! Make healthy choices this weekend!

m020lrq3m2mz.jpeg
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    LEGS=DONE!
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Firearms class all day today. Then a work meeting with a client at night because that's when they could do it. Scout Sunday in the morning at church then teaching financial planning classes all afternoon. I'll have to go to work Monday to slow down!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    Back=Done!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    Bis & Tris=DONE!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    Shoulders=Done!
  • 3furballs
    3furballs Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    So I got myself this fitbit charge hr and its interesting to see how on my non work out days I can end up burning more calories than on days i work out and walk to/from work. Just the constant movement (painting and tidying and a couple of short walks) adds up to more than the work out and walking with a day of sitting on my butt at work. And that's wiring out with Kettlebells.

It shows a much lower calorie burn for kettlebell workouts than the mfp calculator.