What's Your Most Recent NSV

Options

Replies

• Doublemeasure
    Doublemeasure Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I visited my Doctor today to chat about my blood pressure and the tablets I am on! She reduced the dosage by half! Roll on when I don't have to take them at all!
  • weezieweeks
    weezieweeks Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I finally, finally, finally started some walking a few weeks ago. What I want to share is that after the first walk I notice that I did not have as negative self body image of myself, whether thinking or looking in the mirror. This feeling has continued and I am trying to remind myself of the mental positives I am receiving by taking care of myself.
  • c_leeee
    c_leeee Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I've decided to go through and clean out my closet again when I get home. I wore a women's XXL shirt to work today and didn't realize just how bad it looked until I looked in the bathroom mirror. I fit into women's Mediums now.
  • richardositosanchez
    Options
    I've been steadily going down in shirt sizes and now I can fit into a small easily. About 3 years ago I could barely fit into an XL. I've completely changed my wardrobe.
  • RockinTerri
    RockinTerri Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    This is pretty small in comparison to others' NSVs, but mine happened today at lunch. I ate less than 1/2 of my lunch - because I felt full! 3 hours later and the only thing I've eaten was a small snack (due to meds I had to take), and I'm still not really hungry! Yay for the little things!

And congrats to all of you who have taken the steps forward to get healthier!
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,366 Member
    Options
    There's a very narrow space between one of my cabinets, and a ceramic tile side wall. I just noticed that my arm (with sponge) fits much farther than it used to into this gap for routine cleaning.
  • chrisjonesy2k
    chrisjonesy2k Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I have gone from doing weight training every other day to doing kickboxing and brazilian jiu jitsu, feel sore as hell but its a new challenge both physically and mentally
  • nettasaura
    nettasaura Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    As of today I have lost 38.75 inches from 10 different measurement points and I am only a third of the way to goal. :smiley:
  • JAH1122
    JAH1122 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm happy to be able to put something on this board finally. I have gone from pushing a size xl shirt to wearing a large.
  • tjcuts339
    tjcuts339 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I visited my Doctor today to chat about my blood pressure and the tablets I am on! She reduced the dosage by half! Roll on when I don't have to take them at all!

Great. Achieved. NSV wonderful. Reading all theses Great Posts
  • tomteboda
    tomteboda Posts: 2,171 Member
    Options
    I'm a little embarrassed to admit that I've read... well, almost every page of this thread. Over the past few weeks, it's been really motivating to read about other people's successes, and to see people, over time, see the fruits of their labor. :smile:

Not sure if this should qualify as a NSV, but I've been logging for 37 days now! Normally I stop on a day where I pig out... this time, I've been trying to just suck it up and log the "bad" things as well as I can. I think it's because I'm not subconsciously treating it as a diet or a punishment for being fat... I'm working on changing things long-term, which means I WON'T always have 1200-1300 calorie days... and that's fine.

@Wicked_Seraph Perseverance is a big NSV. Its the main one that leads to everything else. Congratulations!

• Altagracia220
    Altagracia220 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    After months of eating and drinking what I wanted, I've tried calorie counting again and am on my 4th day. This is big to me because I'm used to giving up mid day and go back to old bad habits.

I've been going to the gym a lot more regularly after months of just not going.
  • CJsf1t
    CJsf1t Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    I planned to go on a run after I had dropped my little one to school. Only, I was feeling lazy and felt like skipping the workout. My NSV is that I scolded myself and went out anyway and guess what?, I had a time PR! I ran for 20 mins straight! Yay! I was all pink and sweaty and ecstatic after the run . :grin:
  • agzram
    agzram Posts: 199 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I finished C25K one year ago (Feb 2015) and I am amazed that I am still pushing myself to get out there and run. I started out to run 5k on Sunday and just kept on going until I had my first ever 10k under my belt. So pleased :smile:

I love it when you feel like you can run forever!! I wish every run was like that! Congratulations!!
  • IILikeToMoveItMoveIt
    IILikeToMoveItMoveIt Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    bri170lb wrote: »
    OMG! I WEAR SIZE 12 JEANS!!!!

YAY!!!
  • hamstertango
    hamstertango Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I had to order a ring reducer as my engagement ring is hanging off and spinning round.

Also two people this week who don't know I am losing weight commented on how my 'new hairstyle' looked really really great (hair just the same as always lol!)
  • JessiBelleW
    JessiBelleW Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    bri170lb wrote: »
    OMG! I WEAR SIZE 12 JEANS!!!!

YAY!!!

There isn't much more exciting (and motivating!!) than dropping a jean size :)
  • KareninLux
    KareninLux Posts: 1,413 Member
    Options
    Really love all these posts.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!