What nobody tells you about losing weight

Replies

• KareninLux
    KareninLux Posts: 1,413 Member
    Whooodda thunk it... logging food has actually been kinda fun in the last few days... seeing if I can guess the calories of certain things before looking it up.
  • piggysmalls333
    piggysmalls333 Posts: 450 Member
    @tipti_mippy Congratulations on coming so far!!! It is interesting who comments and who doesn't isn't it? I notice women who I'm now smaller than like to tell me that I can stop now (even though I'm still about 25lbs above normal BMI). :).

Also never thought about how sometimes hubby/partners could be unsupportive. I hear and see a lot of stories about that. One girl I know after losing weight actually left her boyfriend because she had no respect for him because he was with a fatty. Umm that was her. WHAT THE WHAT, right!?

Anyhow I think it all has to do with envy/jealousy and the pressure it puts on others to hurry up and get in shape too. Mind you its all in their head - that pressure/feelings of insecurity and not your problem. Keep on keeping on / you're doing amazing!!
  • tipti_mippy
    tipti_mippy Posts: 16 Member
    @piggysmalls333 thanks!!! I get comments from all sorts of coworkers except those who I work closest with. Very odd! They know I'm struggling with a disease, so maybe that's why? Who knows.

That's awful that she left him because he was with a "fatty ". Sounds like some deeper issues going on there... What self-hate!

My coworker's hubby is very obese, insecure, and does not want to change. Makes me even more grateful for my own extremely supportive fiancé :smile:.... But the teacher in me wants to help everybody. It's hard to remember not everyone wants/is ready for it.

I really appreciate your encouragement! I've got a long way to go still, but I'm getting there!
  • piggysmalls333
    piggysmalls333 Posts: 450 Member
    @tipti_mippy it could be those closest to you haven't noticed as much since they see you every day. I always get much bigger reaction to those who maybe I haven't seen in a month or longer. Ya, it's hard for me too to not spring into "personal trainer/nutritionist" mode lol but I generally wait until someone asks me "how did you do it?"... Then I let it rip. :).
  • Syneea
    Syneea Posts: 451 Member
    myssjaxson wrote: »
    How when you hit your goal weight you don't magically have a perfect bikini body, WHERE ARE THE UNICORNS I EXPECTED??????

Isn't THAT the truth!!! Hopefully the weight training will get me to where "I" want to be. :)

• krockstad
    krockstad Posts: 4 Member
    ~A reminder of how you let yourself go once you have children...they hug you and can actually wrap their arms around you
    ~people tell you not to get too skinny but when you were getting fat never mentioned it to you
    ~so tell me how did you lose ALL that weight...you want to respond with "of course tons of diet pills, quick fixes and cult like diet programs...duh eat right and exercise!!!
    ~that you have a definite shape and even when you lose weight, certain "bigger" parts are still bigger even with a dropped weight ratio (ever heard of junk in the trunk being hereditary lol)
  • jarablue
    jarablue Posts: 127 Member
    edited February 2016
    Self control was the hardest for me. Walking through market baskets bakery or an italian bakery was brutal. But I can safely say that I can now control the urge which was impossible before. Now I look at the weight I've lost and work put in. I do not want to throw it all away. I'm in this to the finish.
  • KareninLux
    KareninLux Posts: 1,413 Member
    No one tells you how hard it is to get back all the ("vintage") clothes you lent to your kids, thinking you'd never fit back in them again.

Ha ha - thanks for the laugh!!
  • trjjoy
    trjjoy Posts: 666 Member
    WOW! Well done!

• IILikeToMoveItMoveIt
    IILikeToMoveItMoveIt Posts: 1,172 Member
    That is takes a while to realize I am not always the biggest girl in the room. I will still pick out people and ask my husband, "am I the same size as her?"...he laughs and tells me I am delusional. I have no perception of my real size.

http://www.marisota.co.uk/shop/freeformat/page.action?pageId=7758 This helped me, you might find it useful.
  • avarobbins
    avarobbins Posts: 2 Member
    - That eating healthy, veggies & low fat, lean meats) can mean eating a lot of food - some days I am just tired of eating, and still don't reach my calorie goal.

Isn't that the truth?!?! When I found out my RMR was 1860 I thought "Omg..... that's SO much food. I don't even have that much food in my house!!! I'll be eating all damn day!!!!
  • GabinkaP
    GabinkaP Posts: 188 Member
    No one tells you how hard it is to get back all the ("vintage") clothes you lent to your kids, thinking you'd never fit back in them again.

Yep, I gave some size 6 shorts to my daughter, figuring it was unrealistic to think I'd wear them again. Now I'm back to size 6 and can't fit in size 10s anymore. I'm not sure if she'll give them back.
  • Montepulciano
    Montepulciano Posts: 845 Member
    That is takes a while to realize I am not always the biggest girl in the room. I will still pick out people and ask my husband, "am I the same size as her?"...he laughs and tells me I am delusional. I have no perception of my real size.

http://www.marisota.co.uk/shop/freeformat/page.action?pageId=7758 This helped me, you might find it useful.

Loved this, thank you. I think I will keep the website as a favorite as I go through the process of getting more healthy! I am not quite as big as I thought I was, so a nice little NSV.
  • Diana_GettingFit
    Diana_GettingFit Posts: 458 Member
    I can't get over how cold I am this winter! In winters past if the temperature was above 25 degrees I felt fine. My thick winter coat would still make me feel toasty. Last night I was out in 35 degree temp with the same coat and I was freezing! This weekend we're going to have an arctic plunge with the low temp getting down to single digits. I don't know how I'm going to cope with being out in that!

On the plus side last summer I felt ok even though a lot of people were calling it a hot summer.
  • Coyotee81
    Coyotee81 Posts: 4 Member
    * You will get cold more easily. I used to be hot even to the point of over heated. Now I'm asking "can we put the heat on?"
    * For the ladies That time of the month is going to come every month... you are going to crave stuff, and its ok just keep tracking what you eat (i hate seeing the red numbers, when i'm over my calories... but it good to know how i very from each month.
    * Loose the weight... not the awesome personally!
  • JessiBelleW
    JessiBelleW Posts: 815 Member
    Shanel0916 wrote: »
    That getting close to your goal could actually be kind of scary and could possibly make your revert back to the old you.

@Shanel0916 don't believe it! Set a new goal, maybe not weight loss but fitness or maintenance related - don't go back!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!