Valentine's Day chocolate if she's overweight?

Options
12346»

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,898 Member
    Options
    beeddaa6fe7f4aad8e22ad5bd9c9c0be.jpg
  • smiles4jo
    smiles4jo Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    DH and I are on this weight-loss journey together, so he's been told no chocolates for me. And then, told him again so he was clear that I really meant it and wouldn't be upset lol He also knows that roses are not my thing, but tulips will make my day :)

On the other hand, I have no idea what to get him. Usually, I bake his favourite cookies. Those are definite no-nos this year as neither of us can eat just one!
  • MommyMeggo
    MommyMeggo Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    We dont "do" Vday really but...

Cook me steak- buy me wine- rub my feet.

Flowers die- and id rather get them as a surprise randomly any other day.

Chocolate is so readily available and if he KNOWS im working hard to not get off track, please dont get it for me. If he does, I love him, so I wont throat punch him and Ill share with co-workers, etc.
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    The gift i love the most is the the fact my husband took over doing the dishes. It was something I hated and he didn't mind. Best gift ever and every time he does them I truly adore him for doing them.
  • FitGirl0123
    FitGirl0123 Posts: 1,273 Member
    Options
    I couldn't care less about any gift, including chocolate.
  • truelight_photo_craig
    Options
    debrand.com/shop/product_detail.cfm?loption_id=2042&lsubcat_id=12&lsku=2325

Absolutely THE best chocolates you will buy, and one piece at a time is more than enough (i usually eat half at a time).

l8tq4c4o5le5.jpg

• Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    Carlos_421 wrote: »
    Got my wife a new dress.

Don't you know that's the universal code for "Your clothes are ugly. Here, wear this."?

Nah, just "Hey look! I paid attention when you showed me a picture of this dress and told me how much you love it." lol

I can pick up on hints if they're anti-subtle enough. lol
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    said it before and il say it again.. im extremly appreciative of whatever my husband gets me. Dont care if its a snickers from the gas station. its valentines day. not a big deal
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    Long stemmed roses and diamonds should do it
    cross2bear wrote: »
    What about a chocolate diamond?!

http://levian.com/chocolatediamond/

Those are SO ugly.

not a diamond fan and the brown ones are HIDEOUS lol

now.... a good sapphire or emerald, on the other hand ......
  • snikkins
    snikkins Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    auddii wrote: »
    MV5BMjQyODg5Njc4N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMzExMjE3NzE._V1_SX640_SY720__zpszowkmabp.jpg

And if she's not a Deadpool fan, you could always buy her a spatula.

I have it on good authority that this is the #1 RomCom this Valentine's Day! ;)

PS: That's what we're doing.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    snikkins wrote: »
    MV5BMjQyODg5Njc4N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMzExMjE3NzE._V1_SX640_SY720__zpszowkmabp.jpg

I turned down the idea only because I hate opening weekend crowds (I don't think the holiday will thin out enough people to make me not want to stab everyone).
  • snikkins
    snikkins Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    snikkins wrote: »

I turned down the idea only because I hate opening weekend crowds (I don't think the holiday will thin out enough people to make me not want to stab everyone).

That's fair. I'm OK with the crowds and dinner and a movie was our first date. At this point, it's tradition! :)
  • CassidyScaglione
    CassidyScaglione Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Now OBVIOUSLY ask... since you've heard from dozens of ladies and gotten an different answer from each of them... "Yes!", "No!", "Absolutely", "Absolutely NOT!", "get flowers", "No chocolates", "No flowers", "No, nothing, Valentines sucks!", "Buy her a jet!", "Kill her!", "Buy her vegetables!" lol. ASK!!! We are all too crazy to come to a consensus.
  • kirstengeffen
    kirstengeffen Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Depends how serious she has been?
    If she's like me..... I'm super strict n slight deviation causes a binge cycle.. so if my boyfriend bought my choc, as sweet as his intentions, I would cry lol
  • debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,034 Member
    Options
    I don't mind if I don't get chocolate but she might. Personally, I would prefer a day at the spa - massage, mani/pedi and eyebrows or something along those lines. I like being pampered and don't usually take the time to do it so when it is given as a gift, I appreciate it even more.