40+yrs motivation group. We aren't getting any younger!

Options

Replies

• marie59847
    marie59847 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    If anyone wants to add me feel free. I'm starting low carb on Sunday :smile:
  • bfriends4life
    bfriends4life Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Cool group!!! I could use motivation 44 here!! Need to lose about 15 pounds... I go to the gym 3 times a week when my work allows me... (With time I mean) I do my best to eat the right foods.. Ect ect
  • kelbels1
    kelbels1 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    nubian101 wrote: »
    Can I be here too? I'm 51, have lost 13lb since Christmas, another 21 to go!

Sounds like your 40+. Of course you can be here
  • kelbels1
    Options
    Seeing new faces is great. Let's make sure to add each other as friends to motivate and support each other.

On a side note, I have noticed a huge change in water retention.

I am eating a lot more fresh fruits and less prepackaged foods, which means less sodium. It is having a big impact on reducing stiff joints in my hands caused by puffiness. It is helping to reduce joint pain in my hands. With the fibromyalgia the pain is never gone but less is always welcome.
  • kelbels1
    Options
    "To achieve something you've never had before, you must do something you've never done before"

Time to kick it up a notch!
  • CarrieStL
    CarrieStL Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Over 40 club- I like it. Hey hey, people.

So this isn't my 1st pony ride. I last found myself here on MFP, maniacally exercising like a fiend and dieting my way to 40 lbs lost and a TON of sports injuries that I have battled for the past 2 years. Here I am, wounds licked, ready to shed the weight gained from the almost year of inactivity caused by said injuries which led to surgeries and extensive PT.

I have done the MFP thing before. It works for me. I need accountability and I do best with everything on paper in my face. That being said, I am taking the lessons that I learned from my last venture and applying them to this one. It comes down to moderation for me in everything this time, exercise and calorie restriction included.

I am 42 years old, here for health. While I cared about size 4 jeans in my 20's, I now focus on being cancer-free and being here and healthy to kiss my future grandbabies. My how perspective changes.

I seek like-minded friends who believe in restricting portions/calories NOT entire food categories for a quick weight loss. Who exercise for a healthy heart, not to hurriedly burn off last night's bite of their kids' mac & cheese. I seek people who enjoy real whole food on the regs, not a diary full of processed food all day/ every day, so they can enjoy the occasional indulgent evening out. I seek people who also seek balance and moderation in order to achieve a health. If you only eat 1100 calories per day, live on protein bars with a bunch of weird ingredients, are scared of an occasional slice of pizza, or feel the need to guilt elliptical for 2 hours after "slipping" with a cookie... you need not apply.

If you are like-minded, I would love to connect. Two weeks back and I am already down 8lbs which helps in motivation, but would love to connect with people with similar goals!
  • tinagway
    tinagway Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I turned 45 in December. I have been a fitness/bodybuilder off and on since I was 15. Off for the last two years. Time to get motivated and be on for a bit. Add me.
  • flutterphotogal503
    Options
    I'd love to join! 46 here, 160, want to get back to 130, preferably 120. Fibro pain now ramping up - take gabapentin and doc just up'd it to try to help. Looking into water activities in my area, hoping to gain strength back as well. Been logging my food for about a month and finally ready to make changes. We can do this!!!
  • kelbels1
    Options
    People often say that motivation doesn’t last. Well, neither does bathing – that’s why we recommend it daily.
    -Zig Ziglar
  • Amya2998
    Amya2998 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I would love to join your group! My name is Amy, and I will be 40 in July. I started on here the beginning of January with a goal lose 50lbs pounds by my 40th birthday!
  • kelbels1
    Options
    Let's just say today is not a winning day. Fat Tuesday is sooooo hard. Doughnuts are my kryptonite and Paczki's are pretty much a filled doughnut calling my name. I knew I should have stayed home.
  • yoursingingrealtor
    Options
    Please add me as well.
  • vburgess76
    vburgess76 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am looking for friends. I will be turning 40 next month and am looking forward to it. Feel free to add me, thanks
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    We may not be getting any younger, but some of us are getting better!!! B)
  • Redbella
    Redbella Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I am 45 and have a disability that affects my mobility. Would love some motivational helpers!!
  • TammerTammer
    TammerTammer Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I am 44 and lost about 60 lbs a few years ago and almost died. My body threw a little revolt. Gallbladder was unhappy, surgeon made a "booboo" removing it and so it ended quite badly. 10 years since all that and I am at it again. Safer this time but here is the thing...I did great for about a month. 21lbs to be exact. Now I can't seem to lose anything.(two weeks now) I know exercising builds muscle and plateaus are normal. The big challenge is the emotional obstacle. It is getting to me. I know I am doing the right thing. I just get so angry when I don't see results. What tools are there to keep myself from this emotional trainwreck.
  • kelbels1
    Options
    I am exercising, watching my calories reaching my step goals and haven't lost a pound in over a week. Staying strong but man is it frustrating.
  • matttucker2015
    matttucker2015 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I will be 40 next year. Where did time go! ;-)
  • matttucker2015
    matttucker2015 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    jenilla1 wrote: »
    We may not be getting any younger, but some of us are getting better!!! B)

Amen to that!
  • my2sheps
    my2sheps Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    kelbels1 wrote: »
    Seekin friends in midlife wanting to motivate, challenge and support each other.

Each stage of life has unique challenges. In midlife some of us may be facing slowing metabolism, health concerns, time restraints, and more. We can help each other overcome some of these issues to get to a healthier lifestyle.

Hi I just turned 44. Send me a friend request. Would love to work together in this journey. SW 220 CW 187.5 GW 170 Or lower