Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    raymax4 wrote: »
    How deep are our confessions allowed to be? :P There's a Catholic ash wednesday service tonight and I was thinking of going, but I would feel like an impostor. :pensive: I don't know why I would even want to go.

Also, I was going to go to the gym tonight, but now I'm watching netflix instead of going to the gym OR doing my homework. Oops.
    Why would you feel like an imposter if you are interested?
    Some sometimes the grind of always doing what is deemed to be right needs be broken up with the occasional entertainment. Enjoy watching.

I'd feel like an impostor since I don't think I have the same ideas about god as all Catholicism. So I would just be there to feel connected to something sacred, or the sublime (what Burke talked about, what reminds you that you're only a tiny and basically insignificant part of the world, which is actually very reassuring.) I mean, I wear a pentacle necklace instead of a cross. I don't know.
    Anyway, people spend entire lifetimes trying to figure out religion/spirituality so I guess it's not unusual.
    ... not to derail the fitness confessions thread, or anything :P

Experiment with different religions until you find one that works for you. There are many less structured religions out there. Variations of Christianity if that is what you are interested in. It's whatever works for you.

There are ALL KINDS of confessions in here....
  • Oberon21
    Options
    I managed to throw in 2 30 minute (half hearted) videos at the end of yesterday but didn't run for my day 1 #lentchallenge. Will do better today!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    Nice pictures POF!

Ditto to this @Oberon21!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Bry_Lander wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Oberon21 wrote: »
    I think I'm going to have to start doing something else for breakfast. I'm getting tired of drinking protein shakes every morning. :(

Really? I love my protein shake. What,about oatmeal?

Oatmeal doesn't fill me up and it's definitely lacking in the protein department.

Liquid calories are tough, they never seem that satiating. I eat overnight oats for breakfast and as an after dinner snack every day - combine 15gs of plain oats, 1 container of Greek yogurt, and a half scoop of protein powder and let sit in the refrigerator for at least a few hours. The combination is low fat with almost 30gs of protein, and is heavier and more filling than just a plain yogurt or protein shake.

Hmmmm, I am interested in this. How many calories? Do you rotate different protein powders for different flavors?

@Bry_Lander

@quiksylver296
    I generally buy the protein powder in bulk, so i have the same flavor for quite awhile, but it generally doesn't overwhelm the overall taste because you mostly taste the yogurt.

Here are the stats from this morning's mix (I don't like peach, which is included in a variety pack, so I mix it with a different flavor, so that is why there is half of each flavor. I mix two servings at a time, FYI):

Quaker Oats - Old Fashioned 100% Natural Whole Grain, 0.1875 cup dry 56 cals
    Mp Combat Powder - Protein Powder- Cookies N Cream, 0.51 scoop 72 cals
    Chobani Blueberry - Greek Yogurt, 0.5 container 65 cals
    Chobani - Greek Yogurt - Peach - Nonfat, 2.65 oz. 60 cals

Over all, that is 253 calories, 32g carbs, 2g fat, and 27g protein.

@MoHousdon no cooking required

How sweet does your's usually taste?

I made a Brownie Batter Overnight Oatmeal & it was so dreadful! Didn't taste a thing like Brownie Batter, & not sweet in the slightest.

https://dashingdish.com/recipe/brownie-batter-overnight-protein-oatmeal/
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    I managed to throw in 2 30 minute (half hearted) videos at the end of yesterday but didn't run for my day 1 #lentchallenge. Will do better today!

You got this!

First day:

I exercised for around 40 minutes

Today:

35 minutes of exercise (got up early)
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    Registered for the Rock and Roll Marathon DC. I think this one is going to be fun!

Forgive the ignorance, but what is the Rock and Roll Marathon? (Rock is the only thing that makes running even a little bearable so that sounds awesome.)

It's a series of Marathons where they have bands at every mile marker. They have them all over the country. I have done Seattle and Portland. I am doing Nashville in April. They are fun. Usually a concert at the end too or something along those lines.

Which bands are playing?
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    NSV - I went to the gym even though it was late last night before I could get out of the house to go. I got in two of the three miles I planned (on the treadmill at 2% incline) when some college age dude got onto the treadmill right next to me with PLENTY of cologne on. I'm allergic to the stuff and so thus ended my workout.

That made 6 miles since Sunday (my weeks are Sunday to Sat for exercise purposes) and my goal for this week was six or seven. I might fit in a Saturday morning run before the ren fair.

Great job on getting a workout in!

Ugh at the guy showing up doused in cologne.
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I think I'm going to have to start doing something else for breakfast. I'm getting tired of drinking protein shakes every morning. :(

Oatmeal doesn't fill me up and it's definitely lacking in the protein department.

Liquid calories are tough, they never seem that satiating. I eat overnight oats for breakfast and as an after dinner snack every day - combine 15gs of plain oats, 1 container of Greek yogurt, and a half scoop of protein powder and let sit in the refrigerator for at least a few hours. The combination is low fat with almost 30gs of protein, and is heavier and more filling than just a plain yogurt or protein shake.

Hmmmm, I am interested in this. How many calories? Do you rotate different protein powders for different flavors?

@Bry_Lander

@quiksylver296
    I generally buy the protein powder in bulk, so i have the same flavor for quite awhile, but it generally doesn't overwhelm the overall taste because you mostly taste the yogurt.

Here are the stats from this morning's mix (I don't like peach, which is included in a variety pack, so I mix it with a different flavor, so that is why there is half of each flavor. I mix two servings at a time, FYI):

Do you eat it hot or cold though?

Cold

I dont think I could handle cold oatmeal :s

Actually the mix is 150gs of yogurt, 18gs of protein powder, and 15g of oats, so I wouldn't categorize it as oatmeal, it is over 80% yogurt
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    How deep are our confessions allowed to be? :P There's a Catholic ash wednesday service tonight and I was thinking of going, but I would feel like an impostor. :pensive: I don't know why I would even want to go.

Also, I was going to go to the gym tonight, but now I'm watching netflix instead of going to the gym OR doing my homework. Oops.
    Some sometimes the grind of always doing what is deemed to be right needs be broken up with the occasional entertainment. Enjoy watching.

I'd feel like an impostor since I don't think I have the same ideas about god as all Catholicism. So I would just be there to feel connected to something sacred, or the sublime (what Burke talked about, what reminds you that you're only a tiny and basically insignificant part of the world, which is actually very reassuring.) I mean, I wear a pentacle necklace instead of a cross. I don't know.
    Anyway, people spend entire lifetimes trying to figure out religion/spirituality so I guess it's not unusual.

You are not an impostor just because you do not believe everything any one organized religion does.

I was raised Catholic, and my children go to Catholic school, because I rather them go to a school with SOME religious morals than none. However, I do not call myself Catholic, per se. Although I do LOVE the current Pope.

I do not agree with some of their beliefs (I am pro choice and pro gay rights, for example), but I do agree with some of their beliefs. However, my core belief is in Jesus and God, not really any one church. However, I would feel welcome in any of God's homes, it is He I am there to see, not the people that run it. I am there for the owner, not the landlord.

I love this reply and am stealing this line: I am there for the owner nit the landlord.

On a related note, there's something about ashes. You have to be willing to explain to the ignorant what and why. It is good to have to think about why for myself occasionally.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Registered for the Rock and Roll Marathon DC. I think this one is going to be fun!

Forgive the ignorance, but what is the Rock and Roll Marathon? (Rock is the only thing that makes running even a little bearable so that sounds awesome.)

It's a series of Marathons where they have bands at every mile marker. They have them all over the country. I have done Seattle and Portland. I am doing Nashville in April. They are fun. Usually a concert at the end too or something along those lines.

Which bands are playing?

Usually local nobodies. The Nashville one apparently had a good concert with a well known country star too.
  • Myles_104
    Myles_104 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Well I passed my first day on #lentchallenge
    I was out and about for lunch and had to stop for gas, and didn't get myself chips or chocolate, even tho I had tons of room in my diary. I also was pleasant and didn't complain when I smashed and possibly broke my pinky toe at the pool yesterday, and wound up with a migraine headache when I over heated my supper and set off my super touchy smoke detector.
    I decided today has to go better and the kids are getting salad for supper. B)

Oberon, those are great pics, that trail looks beautiful to run on. And line dancing is so fun, you look great.
  • KylerJaye
    KylerJaye Posts: 861 Member
    Options

You are not an impostor just because you do not believe everything any one organized religion does.

I was raised Catholic, and my children go to Catholic school, because I rather them go to a school with SOME religious morals than none. However, I do not call myself Catholic, per se. Although I do LOVE the current Pope.

I do not agree with some of their beliefs (I am pro choice and pro gay rights, for example), but I do agree with some of their beliefs. However, my core belief is in Jesus and God, not really any one church. However, I would feel welcome in any of God's homes, it is He I am there to see, not the people that run it. I am there for the owner, not the landlord.

love him sooo much!
    i'm not catholic, or really even very religious, but i wholly appreciate his more open mindedness and fully realize the effect he has on others.
  • KylerJaye
    KylerJaye Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    Myles_104 wrote: »
    Well I passed my first day on #lentchallenge
    I was out and about for lunch and had to stop for gas, and didn't get myself chips or chocolate, even tho I had tons of room in my diary. I also was pleasant and didn't complain when I smashed and possibly broke my pinky toe at the pool yesterday, and wound up with a migraine headache when I over heated my supper and set off my super touchy smoke detector.
    I decided today has to go better and the kids are getting salad for supper. B)

Oberon, those are great pics, that trail looks beautiful to run on. And line dancing is so fun, you look great.

yikes about the toe and migraine!
    hope the toe isn't broken, is it still really painful?
  • FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    KNewer88 wrote: »
    I haven't done it in a while... but when I got severe, I'm going to kill someone I need chocolate, cravings and no candy, I'd break into the cake frosting. :|

B-6?!?

B-6, noted. @MoHousdon, Quik is ahead of you. :wink:

6ejdgwc06jmm.gif

OMG this is awesome.
  • FroggyBug
    Options
    So this morning I had this conversation with my friend Stacy:
    S: What are you giving up? Coffee?
    Me: You know I'm not going to tell you. But thanks.
    S: For what?
    Me: For thinking I have enough faith to give up coffee for 47 days. That makes me feel good.

:p

My sister said she is giving up diet soda for Lent.

I once asked a manager what he could live without coffee or cigarettes. He responded definitely cigarettes.

I saw something today about how bad diet soda is for you. I had completely stopped drinking it but after giving up candy and wine, I need SOMETHING. I am not giving up diet mountain dew and diet dr. Pepper and diet coke. Not happening.

I do not care, I will never give up my diet pop.
  • FroggyBug
    Options
    So this morning I had this conversation with my friend Stacy:
    S: What are you giving up? Coffee?
    Me: You know I'm not going to tell you. But thanks.
    S: For what?
    Me: For thinking I have enough faith to give up coffee for 47 days. That makes me feel good.

Not judging, but why give up coffee altogether? Coffee itself is good for you and has almost zero calories, it is all of the additives that cause issues. Commit to drinking it black!

Because it was meant to be a Lental sacrifice. It had nothing to do with if it was good for you or not.....

Exactly! <3
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    jthurman3 wrote: »
    Now that I've seen the bingo card....

DONUT!

1 - 2 -3 GO!

DANG IT!!! Kind of ironic that I missed out on this because I was getting a Panera bagel. :D

You can have this one, Quik. I'll enjoy my calorie laden bagel as consultation.
    udj7pe5ghsdw.jpg

You mean as consolation? >:)

How is that a bagel? Where's the hole? I don't understand!

Not all bagels have holes. This particular one, the cinnamon crunch one, has glorious crusty bits of cinnamon and sugar where the hole typically would be. The French Toast bagel is the same way I think. Holeless.

Cinnamon Crunch is the best bagel of all time.
  • FroggyBug
    Options

You got this!

First day:

I exercised for around 40 minutes

Today:

35 minutes of exercise (got up early)

YAY!! So glad you are doing it.
  • FroggyBug
    Options

Agreed to this.
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options

@Bry_Lander

@quiksylver296

I have plain Greek yogurt, but I also have multiple flavors of protein powder. I'm going to play around with this and see!

Report back.

Also, what is 0.1875 of a cup?!

It is just the annoying way that someone built the food entry. There wasn't a weight measurement (annoying, but I'm too lazy to build a new entry), but a half cup serving =40 grams, so 15 grams - .1875 of a cup. Ugly, lol.

Yeah. I don't know where some of the entries come from. I logged a personal pizza yesterday that came up with 384 grams of fat! :anguished:

My favorite is the entry for a Birdseye Asian Blend that had around 3,000 grams in cholesterol for the whole pack.

The personal pizza I logged the other day I picked from a list. It was 1000 calories or nearly. I think it was thick crust, but I figured it was more than I ate and frankly, I was over regardless, so didn't care. But some of the entries are just plain weird.

I do that. I've been counting calories for enough years that I have a pretty good idea how many calories I'm eating. I'm not a weigh-er measure-r.