If I hear Oprah say she loves bread one more time.....

Options

Replies

• songbird13291
    songbird13291 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I just don't like how it makes it sound like WW is the reason she can eat bread. And now, from what I understand from this new point system or whatever people are talking about, WW is severely restricting fats? How is that better? How does that encourage flexible dieting, which is what WW purports to be all about?

I recently quit WW because of the new program. WW assigns a point value to each food based on its nutritional content. In theory you can eat anything you want, so long as you calculate its point value and stay within your points budget. the older version of the program was very do-able. The current version makes carbs, sugars and fats very, very "expensive". It felt very restrictive, it felt like a "diet" not a "lifestyle". I lost 34 pounds on the old WW program. I've lost 15 pounds since I quit WW.

• songbird13291
    songbird13291 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    And yeah, the fact that Oprah I now their spokesperson is yet another reason I'm glad I quit WW.
  • MommyL2015
    MommyL2015 Posts: 1,411 Member
    Options
    I absolutely cannot relate...i hate bread with a fiery birthing passion. And i dislike tomato sauce, so add those two together and pizza is just disgusting to me. Everyone wonders what's wrong with me, lol.

Every now and then, i eat a piece of bread when i have just baked it and it's fresh. And once in a great while, I'll get pizza with white sauce. I'm very unpopular with my kids and husband, but it's not like i don't order pizza for them anyway.

Or buy bread. Because my kids certainly go through two loaves a week haha

I do believe we have just discovered life from another planet! :) Kidding. Seriously, though, disgusting pizza is an oxymoron. *sad face*
  • tracefan
    tracefan Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    HA HA HA.. Slap away!!!! lol
    Lmbo!! I want to slap her! Hate the commercial! Its not the message that we can lose weight and eat any food that bugs me, it's just an annoying commercial.

• maria0104
    maria0104 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I think Oprah has 12 million dollars worth of reasons to say she 'loves bread'.
  • Colorscheme
    Colorscheme Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    maria0104 wrote: »
    I think Oprah has 12 million dollars worth of reasons to say she 'loves bread'.

Yeah, I can't blame her when she has twenty percent stock in the company. She's probably obligated to do these commercials.
  • PowerBlackout77
    PowerBlackout77 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Alluminati wrote: »
    kiara1066 wrote: »
    I actually like the commercials! It seems that bread has this evil conatasion for some people when they are trying to lose weight and they avoid it at all costs. But nothing is wrong with eating bread everything needs moderation. I ate KFC this week and a twix ice cream that doesn't mean it's the end of the world. Flexible is the word.

Whoah! Hang on.

Twix has an ice cream?

I found Twix ice cream bars at the dollar tree. >:P

• wendylynne917
    wendylynne917 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    This thread is hilarious. I love the commercial I laugh it's so funny
  • tns56364
    tns56364 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    kirstinlee wrote: »
    Those commercials are so dumb. Let's let the lady who's known almost as much for her yoyo dieting as for her media empire be our new spokesperson... Alrighty then.

@kirstinlee I KNOW RIGHT!? P.S. Supernatural rocks

Team Free Will!!!!

Also, apparently team bread.

Yes! Glad to know that there are others of the fandom here! TEAM FREE WILL!
  • jprewitt1
    jprewitt1 Posts: 264 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Bread is good. Bread is life.
  • blues4miles
    blues4miles Posts: 1,481 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    aw I don't have television. I'm way out of the loop!

That woman sure knows how to yo-yo diet though. I was just listening to Layne Norton sum up all of her diets and gains. Every time she finished an extreme diet she gained back even more weight than where she started.

Well, I am only like 16 lbs down from my heaviest weight ever. Which was 30 lbs up from my heaviest weight before that. Which was 20 lbs up from my heaviest weight before that. etc. So not gonna judge her for regaining. True, I don't do anything 'extreme' but even doing things the 'right' way several times, well, here I am again. I gotta respect her professional rise from nothing to media mogul, empress, and great success. Sure not for everyone, but I feel like she takes a lot more crap than a lot of guys who came from better circumstances and made less.

Speaking of bread, I was going to say I'm not all that into bread but then I remembered Thomas English muffins...

Thomas_product_top_ORIGINAL_EM_OVERHEAD_3C.png

I just saw they have double protein and high fiber versions. These any good? I wonder if my local grocery store carries them or not. I have only gotten the regular kind. Nooks & crannies 4 life.

• WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    aw I don't have television. I'm way out of the loop!

That woman sure knows how to yo-yo diet though. I was just listening to Layne Norton sum up all of her diets and gains. Every time she finished an extreme diet she gained back even more weight than where she started.

Well, I am only like 16 lbs down from my heaviest weight ever. Which was 30 lbs up from my heaviest weight before that. Which was 20 lbs up from my heaviest weight before that. etc. So not gonna judge her for regaining. True, I don't do anything 'extreme' but even doing things the 'right' way several times, well, here I am again. I gotta respect her professional rise from nothing to media mogul, empress, and great success. Sure not for everyone, but I feel like she takes a lot more crap than a lot of guys who came from better circumstances and made less.
    Yeah, I'm not going to listen to a Layne Norton podcast to see what exactly he was ridiculing about her but I can't say my opinion of him is improved by his making fun of anyone's weight loss attempts. As far as I know, she did one extreme diet- Optifast, in the late 80s- and since she's been doing pretty consistent, rational attempts. I know she worked with that weasel trainer Bob Greene for it seemed like decades. I hope she finally tossed him out. I read his diet/fitness book and am not surprised Oprah struggled with him as her guru.

I hadn't seen the commercials (only streaming tv here) but I googled them to see. In the other one she's even talking about her struggles and how each try isn't a failure, it's new learning and gets you closer to finding the right path for you. I agree with that.

WW stock has been a roller coaster this past year. It went from $29 to $4 back to $26 and is back down to $10. It was $85 five years ago. I like their plans but I think the company management kind of sucks. Oprah will probably be good for them for the long term.
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    The high fiber ones are GREAT. I prefer them over the others. They are also marked "Light," though I'm not sure why.
  • Char231023
    Char231023 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I am just glad they pulled the WW one where she was jogging. I think she had forgot her sports bra that day.
    I cringed watching it.

Cheers, h.

I agree its like you have got billions and cant get a decent sports bra that will prevent your boobs from practically smacking you in the face.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I didn't know she was still a thing....
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    Char231023 wrote: »
    I am just glad they pulled the WW one where she was jogging. I think she had forgot her sports bra that day.
    I cringed watching it.

Cheers, h.

I agree its like you have got billions and cant get a decent sports bra that will prevent your boobs from practically smacking you in the face.

I guess she needs to read the articles in her own magazine then. I seen on the cover there is an article in there on how to choose a properly fitting bra.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    From this thread:

I have learned about Twix ice cream bars (so excited)

I have been reminded of the musical memories of Bread (wonderful)

I have come to the conclusion that people without TV have less dislike for Oprah than those who do have TV (also no TV here, so I haven't seen the commercials)

Did I miss anything?
  • Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    My best friend has been doing the plan for years so I've got to watch the changes as they roll out. My fear with the current plan is that a 1/4 cup of M&Ms would be counted as a third of my daily allotment, which to me doesn't feel like flexible dieting but more like a punishment for indulging.

It makes me sad that Oprah thought that she was a failure for so long just because of a number on the scale when she is an incredible successful and inspirational person.

But to each his own. My best friend likes to think of points as a game and finds calorie counting dull, so it works for her.
  • vivmom2014
    vivmom2014 Posts: 1,647 Member
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    From this thread:

I have learned about Twix ice cream bars (so excited)

I have been reminded of the musical memories of Bread (wonderful)

I have come to the conclusion that people without TV have less dislike for Oprah than those who do have TV (also no TV here, so I haven't seen the commercials)

Did I miss anything?

Yes. Oprah needs a sports bra.

• joann
    joann Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    here is a woman who has her own personal chef, her own personal trainer, all the money in the world and she still has a weight problem that she cannot control..sad........maybe she should join mfp......we can support her for a small fee...