The Diamond Challenge: Round 3 - Wk 1 (DITR)

Options

Replies

• DiamondsInTheRough
    Options
    Monday's Question of the Day: Losing weight is a major accomplishment. What has been your biggest accomplishment in life prior to your weight loss?

I would say getting married as I thought I never would find anyone who would want to love me.

That was the easy part. Now comes the loving yourself! ...that's what the Diamonds are here for. Welcome!
  • momogogo
    momogogo Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies!

Welcome to Diamonds in the Rough! I'm so excited to get started with Round 3, and I know that you guys are excited too ! If you haven't already done so, please check your email for important information!

I'm going to get the ball rolling with our first Question of the Day (QOTD). Please be sure to check here daily, including on weekends (unlike last round) to answer the QOTD!

PLEASE QUOTE THE QUESTION OF THE DAY IN YOUR RESPONSE. It helps us to keep track of it!
    Monday's Question of the Day: Losing weight is a major accomplishment. What has been your biggest accomplishment in life prior to your weight loss?

My response: My biggest accomplishment was completing a year abroad in France when I was in high school. I have since graduated from college, but living abroad really forced me to step outside of myself. I have been forever changed by the experience, and now am an avid traveler.

5851897532_e4a1ebb532_b.jpg
  • momogogo
    momogogo Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Ok. I don't know how to quote just the QOTD. Oops. lol. My biggest accomplishment has to be a few things, but the one I am most proud of is getting back in shape. Although I am not quit there I have certainly jumped a major hurdle in my life. Still have about 10-15lbs to go. And in doing so I have encouraged myself to become a personal trainer/nutrtionist. I have been doing an online certification and should be done in a couple of months. I can't wait to be able to do it full time.
  • lisa_lotte
    lisa_lotte Posts: 216
    Options
    Ok. I don't know how to quote just the QOTD. Oops. lol. My biggest accomplishment has to be a few things, but the one I am most proud of is getting back in shape. Although I am not quit there I have certainly jumped a major hurdle in my life. Still have about 10-15lbs to go. And in doing so I have encouraged myself to become a personal trainer/nutrtionist. I have been doing an online certification and should be done in a couple of months. I can't wait to be able to do it full time.

Wow that's amazing!!!
  • peanut613
    peanut613 Posts: 438 Member
    Options

One thing that I am very proud of in my life is that I found the courage to leave my ex. He was abusive and the relationship led to severe depression that lasted for years after the relationship ended. It also caused my unhealthy relationship with food. The unhappiness from that life led to the happiness I have in my husband now. I am treated like the queen I don't always deserve to be and I have an amazing daughter. So those are really two things I'm proud to have accomplished in my life: I found the courage to leave something unhealthy and I found love and happiness in a family of my own.
  • miss_jamaica
    miss_jamaica Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    That is a powerful story. Thanks for sharing!

One thing that I am very proud of in my life is that I found the courage to leave my ex. He was abusive and the relationship led to severe depression that lasted for years after the relationship ended. It also caused my unhealthy relationship with food. The unhappiness from that life led to the happiness I have in my husband now. I am treated like the queen I don't always deserve to be and I have an amazing daughter. So those are really two things I'm proud to have accomplished in my life: I found the courage to leave something unhealthy and I found love and happiness in a family of my own.
  • kaveril422
    kaveril422 Posts: 116 Member
    Options

My greatest accomplishment was getting my bachelor's degree. I have always hated school and struggled, but I managed to push through and graduate. I know for some it may not seem difficult, but for me it was a test and a struggle.
  • kkmark
    kkmark Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Welcome diamonds. Just so happy to be with all of you in this round

Blue team we can do this yay

My accomplishment coming to US for studies as was never away from my parents. But it did teach me alot to be independent how hard it is to be by urself and take care or urselfy but my BF was here that was one relief eventhoug in diff. state

Kathy
  • musicgirl88
    musicgirl88 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    5851897532_e4a1ebb532_b.jpg

So far, I would have to say my biggest accomplishment was getting over the fear of singing in front of people by myself and auditioning for a big solo in my college choir. I got the solo and sang it for our spring concert. Also, by auditioning for the choir and the band, I was able to sing at carnegie hall, and was able to travel and do charity work in Puerto Rico! College really helped me come out of my shell and not be so shy around people.
  • reeology
    reeology Posts: 22
    Options

Having my first book published :)
  • stepbystep6
    stepbystep6 Posts: 88 Member
    Options

Hmmm, I guess raising 4 children is my biggest ongoing 'accomplishment'. Though being a parent never ends and the intangible accomplishments are measured in moments of loving connections, gentle guidance, creating fond memories and lasting family ties. With unending opportunities for me to stretch and to practise patience, empathy, optimism, and being a mom, requires the very best of me and my deepest commitment to help them to realize their vast potential. And frankly, not burden their adulthood too badly by my flaws and weaknesses, that they get to experience throughout their childhood! :heart:
  • ygrad2001
    ygrad2001 Posts: 230
    Options

I would have to say my son is my biggest accomplishment but I guess we won't know for sure until he is an adult.
  • GoneWithTheWhinge
    GoneWithTheWhinge Posts: 168 Member
    Options

My answer: I think finally accepting myself for who I am and knowing that although I have shortcomings it doesn't make me worthless or useless or unlovable. It was a battle for me for a long time and I still have a way to go before I can finally say that I like myself but baby steps hey!?

Well done everyone on some fantastic achievements, you are all inspirational!
  • yacekl
    yacekl Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I have to say all the answers to this question about biggest accomplishment are very inspiring and wonderful I'm glad you all shared. Some things are hard to share and that can be an accomplishment in itself. so kudos to all the DITR. go pink:smile:
  • musicgirl88
    Options
    Hi Everyone!!!

My biggest accomplishment was moving to England when I was 14. I didn't speak English at all, and had to start school not being able to speak to everyone. I got through it though, and went on to get top marks in my English GCSE :o)

Looking forward to this challange!!

Lisa

That is so awesome! I can't imagine moving to a different country in which I did not speak the language at all. I was lucky enough to do some charity work in Puerto Rico, but I spoke some Spanish and many of the people there spoke English. What a great accompishment for you!!
  • musicgirl88
    Options

I'd say, probably getting my Master's Degree. Went back to school after having been out of college for over 10 years. I finished up when I was 8 months pregnant.

That's awesome! I just recently graduated with an Associate of Applied Arts Degree in business, and am hoping to open a photography studio, but if for some reason those plans don't work out, I would like to go back and go a little further in business! And to do that while pregnant is so amazing!!
  • musicgirl88
    Options
    Welcome to all the new diamonds and our returning diamonds.

I would have to say that is it was going back to school for my Master's while juggling the needs of three children, my husband, and a FT job. It was hard but I felt a great sense of accomplishment when I was done!

I think it's so amazing when people decide to go back to school even though they have so many other things going on in their life! Congratulations on this accomplishment!!
  • musicgirl88
    Options

Like many on here - it's pretty much a toss-up between my daughter (just turned 18) and going back and completing my master's before 40!

Two wonderful accomplishments!! Congratulations on getting you masters!!
  • musicgirl88
    Options

Well, my 3 boys are my biggest accomplishment, especially the years I was a single mom to the oldest 2....and I am extremely proud of the fact that my oldest son, who has a slight intellectual disability, was raised in a home where he was taught that everyone has challenges they must overcome and that he is no different from anyone else.

What a wonderful lesson you were able to teach your sons. 3 amazing accomplishments!
  • musicgirl88
    Options

That is so great!! Keep up all of the amazing work and you will get there before you know it! :)