40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• trentnert
    trentnert Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Cardio done for the day and in for lifting tonight - looks like a lot of volume work so more snatch and clean & jerking, than you could poke a stick at.
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    tojo_73 wrote: »
    @allenpriest LOL No not there yet. But my sister came over and wine was poured. It seemed rude not to partake :smile:
    That's better. ;)
  • momlb05
    momlb05 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! Happy to join the thread, I'm 48, married, mother of 4 children aged 27, 24, 16 and 10. Yes, they all live at home! :# I am also a third grade teacher. Finally taking time for ME. Fell off the wagon over Valentine's Day and felt extremely defeated. Normally I might have just "quit" and gone back to my older ways. Not this time. Dusted myself off and pushing forward. Cut all sugar drastically, I seriously have a sugar addiction! I need to detox, and I'm on day two of that. I'm finding that I can be within my calorie goal but if I've added candy into that equation, the weight will not budge. I have tons of weight to lose, but I'm just trying to focus on one pound at a time.

Feel free to add me!! We are a group of cool "losers!" ;)
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    Chest & Tris=DONE!
  • nadler64
    nadler64 Posts: 124 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Morning, all, and welcome to the new kids!

I'm more than halfway through virtual Ironman #3, which is good because the month is more than half gone. I've got an indoor sprint triathlon coming up on Sunday...we'll see if my legs fall off during the run. (800m swim, 20k bike, 5k run).

Annual physical yesterday. Blood work was perfect, weight in healthy range. Both for the first time in 25 years! My doc was so delighted he actually hugged me.

So yesterday morning...That awkward moment when your SO (age 61) walks in on you (age 51) grinding it out on the bike trainer with Missy Elliot at full volume... He's used to me blasting the music. He's NOT used to R-rated hip hop!!
  • veggie16mfp
    veggie16mfp Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Signed up about 10 days ago. Lots to loose but set myself a very achievable 28lb loss for my first goal. Doing the lifestyle change not just weight loss approach. Hope to get to know some of you on our journeys.
  • Sherriediva1
    Sherriediva1 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Hey folks! Just been reading and catching up. Decided to take a 2 week vacation last summer that ended up lasting.....till last week! I did well without logging my food until November...and I swear 20 lbs jumped back on me that month! (yeah, I ain't buying that either---snicker) So now I'm back at it and am not dreading it at all, probably because I know logging food and moving body will work (cause, ya know, I've done it before)!! Have a GREAT day!
  • wonderwoman1205
    wonderwoman1205 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    So excited to find this group! 42, and in a rut. Husband retiring from the military in 3 months, then we're moving back home. Can't wait to have family support!! But these 3 months are DRRRAAAGGIINNG and I'm a bit down about it. Took my 11 yo out of school for a variety of reasons, and the program that she's doing now is tough, and requires a lot of focus for both of us. (I'm so sad to report that I am not smarter than a 5th grader. Especially when it comes to math.) Anyways, finding time to work out has been really hard, and stomach issues (So depressing for a true foodie) have made figuring out how and what to eat very difficult. All of these, and many other life happenings, have added to a real sense of helplessness, frustration, loss of identity, the list goes on and on. I know that when the dust settles from the craziness of the next few months (with a move on top of it!!) I'll be able to get back on a good workout/eating routine. I just want to make sure I don't throw good sense out the window, and gain a ton of weight through all of the craziness! We've moved 6 times in the last 12 years, and EVERY TIME I gain weight during the move. I've had enough! Looking forward to the support and accountability of this group!
  • Ckeymom
    Ckeymom Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I would like to join. I really need some sound advice. I'm 41, wife and mom, and I've been battling hypothyroidism for about 5 years. Combine that with being over 40, and the weight just won't go away! I'm extremely active: I run 3 days a week, strength train three days a week, and walk every day. My husband and I also play tennis. I've managed to drop 24 pounds, but I have 26 pounds to go to hit my ideal weight. I'm definitely big framed, and I know I'll never be skinny, which isn't my desire anyway. Diabetes and heart disease run in my family, so I want to be the healthiest I can be. I am currently enrolled in a health and wellness clinic, which means basically I'm on prepackaged bars and shakes, and I add protein and veggies. When I joined the clinic, the doctor warned me that it just may be impossible for me to lose any more weight.
  • wonderwoman1205
    Options
    @Ckeymom I just found this group too! :) I'm not a medical professional, so I'm definitely not qualified to give sound advice about medical conditions. But I have had so many bad doctors put their ideas and limitations on me that when I read what your doctor told you, I immediately got angry for you!! What was your reaction to them telling you it may be impossible for you to lose any more weight?
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Hi all, it has been way too long since I logged into MFP. I had a bit of time today and decided to drop in. I did not read the 20+ pages of posts. Sorry. Nice to see some of the old regulars and lots of new faces as well. Christmas was wonderful for us - it was quiet as we were heading out on vacation on the 27th. We had a fabulous time in Finland. the games were a riot! We even made the TV in Canada. :) Yup, received many messages that folks saw us in the stands. Since I've been back, work was nuts. We held our 3rd annual Women's Health Gala and it was a HUGE success. The topic was "Keeping Sex Alive". Do you think our success had anything to do with the topic? Just a little maybe eh? lol.

Am still working out regularly. Have added 2 PT sessions/week focusing solely on strength and I love it. Besides that I am still doing regular exercise classes and epic snowshoe hikes with my gal pals.

Own your day folks - choose your hard. :)
  • CasperNaegle
    CasperNaegle Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    47 here and in search of my abs for the first time in my life.. It's been an amazing journey learning how to track my macros, working out in a way that actually sees results.
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    gam3rguy wrote: »
    aqip78mry8k7.jpg

Still killin it I see!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,947 Member
    Options
    Hi gang!

No lifting, today. Rest. Tomorrow, I will lift! BOOM!
  • tojo_73
    tojo_73 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Planned to do a full body workout today but legs were killing me from Monday (Stupid Newport) so did arms and shoulders (Good lord is Tony Horton annoying).

Been good the last couple of days although I just had a can of soup and some sliced Costco Turkey to put be WAAAAY over my daily sodium limit according to MFP.

BTW I love reading everyones daily check-ins. My wife has already reached her target weight (years ago) so I enjoy checking in on everyones progress. Posting makes me accountable.
  • ccburn5
    ccburn5 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Just turned 40 last November but have been on MFP for a few years. Have recently stumbled quite a bit from awful back pains that have sidelined me and it didn't help that that coincided with the holidays and a new girlfriend. Still down over 45 pounds from when I first started here but nowhere near the 75 I was down at my lowest. Have been getting back on the logging routine fairly consistently and working out under the restrictions of my physical therapist. I am hoping that my bootcamp that I went to 3 times a week for the last 4 years and running 2-3 times a week on top of that are not a thing of the past though.
  • Ckeymom
    Ckeymom Posts: 30 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    @Ckeymom I just found this group too! :) I'm not a medical professional, so I'm definitely not qualified to give sound advice about medical conditions. But I have had so many bad doctors put their ideas and limitations on me that when I read what your doctor told you, I immediately got angry for you!! What was your reaction to them telling you it may be impossible for you to lose any more weight?

Thanks...my endocrinologist explained that since my metabolism hasn't worked in several years, that it may be impossible to reset my body weight set point.
  • joeross155
    joeross155 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Add me too !!!
  • wonderwoman1205
    Options
    @Ckeymom Gotcha. Well, here's to a road to wellness. Looking forward to see where it takes us all!!
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    sdereski wrote: »
    . We held our 3rd annual Women's Health Gala and it was a HUGE success. The topic was "Keeping Sex Alive". Do you think our success had anything to do with the topic? Just a little maybe eh? lol.

Ok so how do you keep sex alive? ??