Young Working Women (career, not corner) *CLOSED GROUP*

Options

Replies

• twistyBee
    twistyBee Posts: 63
    Options
    Happy Monday morning everyone!! Thankfully there is no rain here in Mass...we've had enough of it for the summer already I think! Well this morning I am at 146, down 1lb from last week...slow and steady wins the race right :wink:

Hope everyone has a great day!
  • AmberM6912
    AmberM6912 Posts: 79
    Options
    Hi Everyone, Happy Monday!

I weighed in at 142.0, the exact same as Friday. I am amazed at that seeing as it was Father's Day and my boyfriend and I had two HUGE (and extremely unhealthy, but yummy) meals this weekend with his family and mine. I have no idea how I didn't gain! I'll take it though :)
  • osucristina
    osucristina Posts: 197
    Options
    Goooood morning ladies!!! (I'm assuming all or most of you are in this country and it is morning?!)
    I'll compile all the starting weigh-ins tomorrow. I'm checking in at 156.2- about a half a pound up from last week. That's ok, I'm already off to a great start with a workout this am! I just started the 100 push-up challenge (www.hundredpushups.com) so I'm really looking forward to that, since I can only do 5. Lol.

**Now- for your workout challenge this week: Master the Mountain Climber! (classic old school move- google it if you aren't sure). Your challenge is to do it for 5 mins each day. Easy? Psh, you must not have much body weight to lift lol
    ** Health challenge: melon is in season! Go to your local farmers market and look for cantaloupe, watermelon or honeydew! Why Farmers Market? Because this is a challenge. Being just me, finding and going to the farmers market can require a lot of effort, but once you go- IT'S AWESOME! So find one! Or, if you really can't fit it into your schedule (I MEAN LIKE REALLY CAN'T) you must provide your legit excuse and you will be granted permission to go to the grocery store :) haha.

Ok ladies- have wonderful days!
  • Morganjannelle
    Options
    I'm up 1LB since the 16th, 141.4LBS.

Considering the weekend I had I'm not shocked but still sucks.

Happy Monday all!
  • CaseyBee
    CaseyBee Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    So the last time I weighed myself was around the 19th of April, after which I "took a break" for a while, so I may have stayed the same, gained, or (probably not) lost during that , but whatever. Bought a scale yesterday, hopped on this morning, and I'm at 133.3 - down 1.9lbs, and I really started trying hard to work out every day about a week and a half ago. I can't remember ever being this low! :)

It's not raining here right now, which is making it difficult for me to decide whether I should go run first, or start Ripped in 30? Choices... Rain, rain, stay away!
  • charc16
    charc16 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I weighed in at 157.2 this morning...up a bit since Friday, but considering the amount of "fun" I had this weekend, and starting my period, I guess it's not all that bad.

And on the same semi-related note as Angela: I don't really notice weight gain on my pill, but I do usually drop around 3 pounds in the week following my period. But have any of you who are on birth control had your cycle get all messed up? My period came about 5 days early last month and lasted through my placebos, and just started again on Saturday and I still have like 10 days left of my pills. It is so annoying! I think I am going to go and talk to my doctor, because if I keep getting my period every two weeks I am going to go insane. Sorry if that's a little too much info, but I know your cycle can get a little weird with weight loss and diet change and all that and I didn’t know if any of you have experienced the same issue.

Anyway, I think I can handle mountain climbers and melon this week. Luckily people in Colorado love their Farmers Markets, so it shouldn't be too hard to find one. Good luck everyone!
  • Drunkadelic
    Drunkadelic Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    And on the same semi-related note as Angela: I don't really notice weight gain on my pill, but I do usually drop around 3 pounds in the week following my period. But have any of you who are on birth control had your cycle get all messed up? My period came about 5 days early last month and lasted through my placebos, and just started again on Saturday and I still have like 10 days left of my pills. It is so annoying! I think I am going to go and talk to my doctor, because if I keep getting my period every two weeks I am going to go insane. Sorry if that's a little too much info, but I know your cycle can get a little weird with weight loss and diet change and all that and I didn’t know if any of you have experienced the same issue.

YUP!! This same thing happened to me. I used the same BC for almost 2 years (after spending years trying to find one that actually worked for me) and all of a sudden it stopped "working" as well. I would start early and have 10-14 day periods. It sucked. So I had to go on something different.
  • KeshiaV
    KeshiaV Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday :)

weigh in: 235.7, down 4. 3 lbs this week.... not back for the 1st week but still a long way to go!

The last time I went to a Farmer's Market in rural Louisiana, they had several booths of pickled pig's parts and various eggs. As you can imagine I haven't been back much since then, so hopefully I'll have a better luck this weekend!
  • osucristina
    Options
    Angela and Charlotte- I take Yaz, and I don't have troubles with my weight. If anything, before I started taking it, I'd gain up to 5 lbs from PMS (bloating... siiiickkkk) now maybe 1. My cycle did jump from mid to beginning of the month. About the 3rd pack in, I had random cycles like you are- and I FREAKED and called my doctor and she said it can take a few months to become regular and for your body to adjust.

Keshia- WAY TO GO. And, that is weird about the farmers market. SURELY you will have better luck lol. Mine is all basket of fresh produce and meats and eggs etc etc. The awesome thing is, you can SAMPLE it all! I got a cantaloupe this past Saturday, oh man.. it's straight from heaven.
  • Drunkadelic
    Drunkadelic Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    I'm not a big melon eater but I'll still try to find a farmers market and get a cantaloupe. I can eat it if it's fresh and I need to find a farmers market anyway :)

About the mountain climbers - should we do 5 mins straight or some sort of interval?
  • nyctraveler
    nyctraveler Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    haha i found the right group yay....

so please update mine at 161
  • CaseyBee
    CaseyBee Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Angela and Charlotte- I take Yaz, and I don't have troubles with my weight. If anything, before I started taking it, I'd gain up to 5 lbs from PMS (bloating... siiiickkkk) now maybe 1. My cycle did jump from mid to beginning of the month. About the 3rd pack in, I had random cycles like you are- and I FREAKED and called my doctor and she said it can take a few months to become regular and for your body to adjust.

I forgot to reply to this question. :) I've been on Yaz for almost 2 years exactly, and I feel like it really normalized me. I wasn't losing weight (nor was I really trying) but I didn't really gain weight either... I had 5-6 day heavy periods before I started the pill, and now I have 2, maybe 3 really light days. I love my pill. :) I just switched to Beyaz a week ago because Bayer quit offering a discount on Yaz, so we'll see how this new one goes.

It really does depend a lot on individual body chemistry - while it's generally reccomended to stick it out for at least 3 months with a new pill, sometimes one brand or another really just doesn't jive with our bodies....
  • purpleprose
    purpleprose Posts: 650
    Options
    Hey yall!

My first weigh-in is 210.5. I've basically been at this weight for about a month, having taking some time off from really being careful with eating/exercise for beach week in Nags Head, graduation, some more travels, and starting work. Now that I'm in a work routine again, things are back on track!

I'm on orthotricyclen lo and it was really whacked out my system, but it's only the first month so am hoping things calm down over the next month or two. I've been spotting for days and now that I'm on the reminder pill, things are a little heavier but not much. Also, no cramps...so far, even with the spotting, I'm liking this better than I was before.
  • laurad1406
    laurad1406 Posts: 341
    Options
    Hey everyone! Sorry I was so slammed at work this morning it's the first chance I got to log in! Weighed 144.6 this morning! (it was a rough weekend haha).

I actually have a farmer's market that I already go to, but the problem is they're only open Wednesday and Saturday mornings....i work so I can't go wednesday, I can do my best to go on Saturday (even though it'll already be the end of the week)
  • katt742
    katt742 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Im at 130 this morning. However, Im not feeling well and havent really eaten or exercised in 3 days...so I dont think this number counts! lol. Prior to this weekend I was 134.
  • osucristina
    Options
    5 minute mountain climbers constant, not intervals! It's tougher that way, but still a quick amount of time.
    I love that most of your found farmers markets! Mine is on Saturday and Wed, I LOVE the Wed one because I can go on lunch and keep stuff in the fridge at work for the day. Saturday is harder for me to make because I usually work on weekends.
  • charc16
    charc16 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I am on Beyaz also, I started in January. Everything was fine until last month. I called the doctor this morning and she said that weight loss and changes in diet can affect your period, so she suggested I track everything for another month and if it doesn't get regular again I may switch pills.

Anyways, thanks for your responses!
  • SalPal03
    SalPal03 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Good Morning!!! Sorry I'm a little late this morning, work is busy! :P
    my weight this morning was 128.4.
    Super excited to force myself to do the mountain climber everday, its is an amazing workout.

Now about the melon... I have a farmers market close by, however its only on Saturdays... what to do? Can I purchase my melon on Saturday even though its the end of the week and kinda the end on the challenge?

Hope you all have a fabulous Monday!
  • osucristina
    Options
    Awwww YES you all can purchase melons on Saturday. I consider our week to start on Mondays. Plus, I bought mine this past Saturday haha. My mouth is watering at the mere thought of cantaloupe!
  • purpleprose
    purpleprose Posts: 650
    Options
    I'm in the "can't do the melon via farmer's market route" as I will be out of town this weekend visiting family and the market is only on Saturdays.

Maybe moving forward the challenges should be slightly less specific (i.e. "eat 5-7 servings of fruits and vegetables daily" or "eat some melons - they're fresh now" thereby allowing people a little bit of freedom)?