What nobody tells you about losing weight

Replies

• G33K_G1RL
    G33K_G1RL Posts: 283 Member
    How weird it feels to wear pants that are loose in the thighs, when those pants aren't specifically tailored to be extra loose. Thought I would always be the one with thick thighs.
  • machjas
    machjas Posts: 26 Member
    I just read this entire thread over the last few weeks. Thanks for keeping me motivated, everyone! I'm down 16lbs since Feb 8th when I started getting serious. I changed my sleep schedule so I can wake up, make a proper breakfast, then walk 2 miles every morning, then after work walk another 2 miles, then dinner. I feel like it's working out pretty well, and staying busy keeps me from snacking or binging.
  • YaGirlMaddi
    YaGirlMaddi Posts: 88 Member
    larryc0923 wrote: »
    How it has inspired others especially some family and friends.

This is so very true. I have so many friends now trying to get healthy with me and that boosted my confidence and motivation.
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    machjas wrote: »
    I just read this entire thread over the last few weeks. Thanks for keeping me motivated, everyone! I'm down 16lbs since Feb 8th when I started getting serious. I changed my sleep schedule so I can wake up, make a proper breakfast, then walk 2 miles every morning, then after work walk another 2 miles, then dinner. I feel like it's working out pretty well, and staying busy keeps me from snacking or binging.
    lol I've changed to where I make sure my food for lunch the next day is all ready. Pre-made food for breakfast or something easy to grab. This 'wake up early' thing...I no understand.
    I now also have a medium size (so far) rubbermaid container of food shape cutters, interesting toothpicks, rice shapers, silicone cupcake molds (for holding veggies) etc. to make my food entertaining (because how many times can I eat the same thing without getting visually bored).
  • becbo22
    becbo22 Posts: 283 Member
    How depersonalizing your body change can be. Sometimes you feel like you're in the wrong body, like you snuck into someone else's. Last night I was casually grabbing my belly and there was much less to grab than before and it actually shocked me. Like my heart flipped over for a second. It was actually scary. Hopefully I'll get used to it. I've only lost ~15lbs total so far.

This happens to me all the time.
  • Funsoaps
    Funsoaps Posts: 514 Member
    Buying clothes in a small size...not feeling guilty about it! Instead of avoiding mirrors while nude, actually checking out how much thinner I am. Lol.
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    machjas wrote: »

That's what I need to do ... follow your example and get up earlier and walk twice a day!
  • tomteboda
    tomteboda Posts: 2,171 Member
    Ponkeen wrote: »
    4. Most people who don't know you very well are nicer. New people are nicer than they were. Now I've heard that "it's your self-esteem," and people are just responding to your newfound happy glow. Except, I haven't experienced a notable uptick in self esteem. I dont go out more, or date more. My self esteem was fine to start with. I was not an unhappy fat person; I was just fatter. No, I'm fairly certain that people are in fact responding to my smaller and more socially acceptable physical form. Which is actually a real bummer, to be honest, though it has made me very thoughtful about how I interact with other people.

How true! I've been very thin and very fat (truly!) And people are way nicer to me when I'm very thin, especially random people. I'm the same person inside either way.

However people who know me generally do not get to harbor illusions about my character, thin or fat!
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    Ponkeen wrote: »
    A few things (good and bad):
    1. Moving around is just easier. Everything physical that you do in a day... it's all easier than it used to be.
    5. I think about my physical and mental health a lot more than I used to. It is becoming a higher priority, and this is very good.

So true. Yoga has always been my favorite form of activity, and now that I weigh less, poses are so much easier. Also, in wanting to take care of myself, and making time for it, I feel so much better inside out.
  • maplesyrup10
    maplesyrup10 Posts: 52 Member
    Kelll12123 wrote: »

- Sitting (particularly in baths) and laying (particularly in beds) will become ever increasingly uncomfortable.

hahaha this... My back is bruised from doing workouts on the floor because my shoulder blades stick out so much now.

No one told me how annoying buying clothes could be. It's great when they fit, but I keep going down sizes and needing to buy more and then not having a purpose for the larger sizes.

On a more positive note, I get hit on a lot more. Three different guys asked me out for Valentine's Day this year :)

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!