New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Not exactly a food product, but...

t0it2sr7w9ar.jpg
    I ordered this from Amazon last week, and I've been experimenting with it for the past few days. I love it! It makes perfect black beans in 15 minutes, perfect steamed potatoes in 5, and flawless bone broth in 2 1/2 hours! It gels and jiggles like Jell-O and everything!

It also cooks rice, sautés, slow cooks, and makes yogurt. I haven't tried the yogurt setting yet, but I'm planning on trying that this weekend. It's also super quiet, easy to clean, and doesn't omit any smells! Totally worth the $94 I paid!

Oh wow. Potatoes in 5 minutes? That sounds awesome! How does it work for rice? I wish I had storage space for one of those!
  • Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

t0it2sr7w9ar.jpg
    I ordered this from Amazon last week, and I've been experimenting with it for the past few days. I love it! It makes perfect black beans in 15 minutes, perfect steamed potatoes in 5, and flawless bone broth in 2 1/2 hours! It gels and jiggles like Jell-O and everything!

It also cooks rice, sautés, slow cooks, and makes yogurt. I haven't tried the yogurt setting yet, but I'm planning on trying that this weekend. It's also super quiet, easy to clean, and doesn't omit any smells! Totally worth the $94 I paid!

Oh wow. Potatoes in 5 minutes? That sounds awesome! How does it work for rice? I wish I had storage space for one of those!

Yeah. After it comes to pressure (about another 5 minutes for fresh potatoes,) they cook for 5, and then you de pressurize it, and they're done. Perfectly steamed, too. Then you can drain the water out, add a little oil, and sauté them in the same pot to make fried potatoes.

Haven't tried the rice function out either (we don't eat much rice in my house,) but from what the directions indicate, you just put it with water into the pot, hit the rice, button, and come back when it beeps.

I justified the space by getting rid of my slow cooker and yogurt maker. Really, it's easier to store than the average crockpot. It's 6 quarts, but it's round instead of oblong like most crockpots are, so it's less awkward to handle.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options

More of these finally showed up at my Krogers. I picked up cherry and beet and am super excited to try most of the other flavors.

The cherry was a little subtle but the beet flavor went well with the taste of plain Greek yogurt
  • lucys1225
    lucys1225 Posts: 597 Member
    Options

t0it2sr7w9ar.jpg

I got mine a few weeks ago and absolutely love it! I don't know how I lived without it!
  • Hope228
    Hope228 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »
    For those of you spoiled enough to know what a wawa is, I strongly recommend these! Just tried them this morning and as a fan of their other cannoli dip and chips, I can say these blow their other versions out of the water (even the regular and the pumpkin)!!! Very tasty, although it could use a stronger coffee flavoring. 280 calories and worth every single one of them.

h7g48qcddi36.jpg

I love Wawa!
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    For those of you spoiled enough to know what a wawa is, I strongly recommend these! Just tried them this morning and as a fan of their other cannoli dip and chips, I can say these blow their other versions out of the water (even the regular and the pumpkin)!!! Very tasty, although it could use a stronger coffee flavoring. 280 calories and worth every single one of them.

h7g48qcddi36.jpg

Wegmans has a similar thing that I've been dying to try actually... but it's 430 calories. Yikes, lol.

@Francl27, I saw that, too. Big old trays of them in the bakery; they call to me. Let me know if you break down and try them. LOL
  • di_763
    di_763 Posts: 36 Member
    Options

t0it2sr7w9ar.jpg

I'm fascinated!!! So is this an electric pressure cooker? Might NEED this.
  • Francl27
    Options
    Which model of instant pot did you all get? I'm very tempted... especially if it does slow cooking too. Then I can put my crockpot in the basement or something.
    crazyravr wrote: »

You dont need storage space. Once you get it you will be using it all the time every day. If a meal takes you 1 hour to cook it will do it in 1/4 the time :) and it does everything.

The problem is I don't have counter space either :(
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    So I finally tried Ben & Jerry's dairy free pb cookies flavor, and have the coffee caramel one in my freezer waiting for me to try within the next few days hopefully! In my opinion, it wasn't good at all and I'm really hoping the next one is better. I thought the texture was fine, but my dad said it was chalky. I found the almond milk very overpowering in a bad way (I usually love drinking the stuff), and it had a weird aftertaste even my mother commented on (after looking at the ingredients maybe it was the pea protein, which I don't like to start with). The best part were the peanut butter swirls which we all agreed was fantastic, but it just needed way more of them! For the price and 290 calories per half cup, I will definitely not be buying this over another ice cream. I've never really been impressed by an almond milk frozen dessert though honestly, I wish they would have used coconut milk instead!

i8bjuqq6l04u.jpg
  • lucys1225
    lucys1225 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Which model of instant pot did you all get? I'm very tempted... especially if it does slow cooking too. Then I can put my crockpot in the basement or something.
    crazyravr wrote: »

You dont need storage space. Once you get it you will be using it all the time every day. If a meal takes you 1 hour to cook it will do it in 1/4 the time :) and it does everything.

The problem is I don't have counter space either :(

I have the Duo60.
  • Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    This has proteins and stuff. It is good in tea or jello.
    GL-PorcineGelatin-2.jpg?1449211748

Try using it for homemade marshmallows. It's amazing!
    oc0wrzwlfhfb.jpg
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options

t0it2sr7w9ar.jpg

I got one for Christmas and I love it. It even works really well for risotto.
  • Francl27
    Options
    stealthq wrote: »

t0it2sr7w9ar.jpg

I got one for Christmas and I love it. It even works really well for risotto.

I think it's going to be my birthday present lol... I hate cooking potatoes and I suck at making rice.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    So I finally tried Ben & Jerry's dairy free pb cookies flavor, and have the coffee caramel one in my freezer waiting for me to try within the next few days hopefully! In my opinion, it wasn't good at all and I'm really hoping the next one is better. I thought the texture was fine, but my dad said it was chalky. I found the almond milk very overpowering in a bad way (I usually love drinking the stuff), and it had a weird aftertaste even my mother commented on (after looking at the ingredients maybe it was the pea protein, which I don't like to start with). The best part were the peanut butter swirls which we all agreed was fantastic, but it just needed way more of them! For the price and 290 calories per half cup, I will definitely not be buying this over another ice cream. I've never really been impressed by an almond milk frozen dessert though honestly, I wish they would have used coconut milk instead!

i8bjuqq6l04u.jpg

What do you think about it compared to other non dairy ice creams like coconut milk soy delicious and cashew milk ice cream?
  • mathandcats
    mathandcats Posts: 786 Member
    Options

i8bjuqq6l04u.jpg

This makes me very sad to read - it's pretty much exactly my experience with other almond milk frozen desserts and I was hoping this would be better. I will still try it, though.
  • Francl27
    Options

I totally want the almond crunch and pecan pie ones..
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options

i8bjuqq6l04u.jpg

What do you think about it compared to other non dairy ice creams like coconut milk soy delicious and cashew milk ice cream?

I love So Delicious' coconut milk desserts! Their cashew milk isn't horrible, I enjoyed some of it, but it's not something I could justify buying again for the price. Unfortunately I haven't found any almond milk ice creams I've liked yet, and I haven't tried any soy versions yet. Ben & Jerry's made theirs very similar to some other brand's almond milk versions, only Ben & Jerry's is a tad creamier, but also gritty and the aftertaste is more prominent from what I assume was the pea protein :/
  • Kittenmommy
    Kittenmommy Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    fairlife fat free milk! ♡

Heck yeah! I used to drink whole milk, but then switched to FairLife 2% and then to the fat free. Whatever the filtering process does, it's incredible. I don't miss whole milk at all!