Motivation, Success and Frustration Sharing!

Replies

• CariTJR
    CariTJR Posts: 343 Member
    I've been reading all your posts and you're all just so brilliant! I mean seriously, dropping weight, dropping dress sizes (lots of them!), going to the gym and doing insane work outs, jogging with kids and puppies, trying completely new things, sticking to commitments made, resisting temptations, making mistakes, but more importantly, picking yourselves up, dusting yourselves off, and getting back to it. And all with a wonderful sense of humor .... You're all so inspirational. What a great group of people. I love reading this thread!

As for me, all I have to say is, giving blood HURTS. I'm off to sit on the sofa with my ouchy arm, hope you all have wonderful days/nights.
  • ngolden3320
    ngolden3320 Posts: 360 Member
    Not to toot my own horn but after the three days I've had I derseve to eat everything in sight but I just left the gym instead. Monday shopping cart w square wheel tried to kick my *kitten*. Yesterday washer took a dump and had to truck laundry to my moms. Today my daughter texted me from lockdown at school cause they found a loaded gun that a kid being bullied took w him to school. Scared to death. Thank GOD police confiscated the gun arrested the kid and all turned out ok. Thank you GOD for looking out for not just my kids but the whole school o:)o:)o:):'(:'(:'(
  • GillianSmith2
    GillianSmith2 Posts: 387 Member
    hi all, it sounds like you are all doing so well :)
    Ive been having problems with the fitbit app on my phone so havent managed to get on the weekly steps challenge GUTTED :(
    I'm doing good with exercise and steps although ive got DOMS today from a new workout set we did yesterday ouch and yes i have still got kickboxercise tonight, kickboxing class tomorrow, and kickboxercise again on Saturday. love it :smiley:
  • ngolden3320
    Ive been having problems with the fitbit app on my phone so havent managed to get on the weekly steps challenge GUTTED :(
    I'm doing good with exercise and steps although ive got DOMS today from a new workout set we did yesterday ouch and yes i have still got kickboxercise tonight, kickboxing class tomorrow, and kickboxercise again on Saturday. love it :smiley:

You go girl! :) You make me tired and sore just hearing about it. :#
  • Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    @serenityfrye Aikido looks so cool. I haven't had the opportunity to try it. They do a lot of weapons practice in Aikido, right?

@danan01 I'm with you on the walking solo, the leash is a pain! Chance doesn't really give me a choice in the matter though lol

@ShyCush6 and @bluepoppies777 Love the motivational quotes! It definitely helps to start the day with intention

@CariTJR right back at you! You're rocking it with your workouts and losses lately!

@ngolden3320 That is terrifying!!!! I am so glad that your daughter is okay! Seriously, you need a spa day after this week

@GillianSmith2 your kickboxing class sounds amazing, what a great burn. Stupid fitbit app though! Your body still knows it earned every last one of those steps

Yesterday my supposedly relaxing midday yoga class decided it was weights day. Holy burn! That's what I get for picking up the 8 pounders when she recommended 5. No pain no gain, right?

Tonight is my second Krav Maga class in my trial period. I'm looking forward to hopefully meeting more of the regulars. A different gym is now offering Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and Muy Thai classes so I'm going to give them a try this weekend to see which one I like best.

I didn't realize how much I missed contact sports in my life until I took that class. I'm smiling just thinking about hitting the mats tonight or learning a new submission hold this weekend. I had to give it up after grad school because of my commute/long hours/finances so I am so excited to finally be able to embrace the fitness I love again instead of just getting by with group fitness classes I only sorta like.

I hope everyone is still having a fabulous, active, healthy week!
  • ngolden3320
    @Rachel0778 You really impress me. Lord help anyone who tries to mess with you! :o
  • ShyCush6
    ShyCush6 Posts: 951 Member
    Not to toot my own horn but after the three days I've had I derseve to eat everything in sight but I just left the gym instead. Monday shopping cart w square wheel tried to kick my *kitten*. Yesterday washer took a dump and had to truck laundry to my moms. Today my daughter texted me from lockdown at school cause they found a loaded gun that a kid being bullied took w him to school. Scared to death. Thank GOD police confiscated the gun arrested the kid and all turned out ok. Thank you GOD for looking out for not just my kids but the whole school o:)o:)o:):'(:'(:'(

Yikes! Glad everyone is ok. That is so scary!!! Glad you turned to the gym and not comfort in food... I'm so bad at that! Way to keep on track!!
  • ShyCush6

I wondered why we were missing you in the fitbit challenge! You're not there kicking my *kitten*! ;) Way to go with kickboxing! It's awesome you found something you love doing and you stick to it!! Way to go girl!! You rock!!
  • ShyCush6
    Rachel0778 wrote: »
    Yesterday my supposedly relaxing midday yoga class decided it was weights day. Holy burn! That's what I get for picking up the 8 pounders when she recommended 5. No pain no gain, right?
    Tonight is my second Krav Maga class in my trial period. I'm looking forward to hopefully meeting more of the regulars. A different gym is now offering Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and Muy Thai classes so I'm going to give them a try this weekend to see which one I like best.
    I didn't realize how much I missed contact sports in my life until I took that class. I'm smiling just thinking about hitting the mats tonight or learning a new submission hold this weekend. I had to give it up after grad school because of my commute/long hours/finances so I am so excited to finally be able to embrace the fitness I love again instead of just getting by with group fitness classes I only sorta like.
    I hope everyone is still having a fabulous, active, healthy week!
    It's so motivational to hear that others are finding classes and exercises they actually enjoy and not the ho-hum boring class you go to just to go. I really need to find that fit for me! Love hearing all your stories and all the new things you're trying! Keep it up and way to go with the 8's... you overachiever! =) Keep it up!!
  • ShyCush6
    Right there with you Cari... these guys are amazing! Including yourself! You are doing awesome with running and it's motivated me to get back out there and step it up! Went for a short jog this morning and hoping to get another short one in tonight!! My scale doesn't move unless I get a good burn in each day! Almost seems as though it doesn't matter how good I eat... I don't know if I believe the weight loss is 80% what you eat and 20% exercise.... I think it's more 60% exercise and 40% eating for me.... I suppose we are all different!
    Hope you are all having a great week and keep up the motivation!! It's almost Friday!!
  • serenityfrye
    serenityfrye Posts: 360 Member
    @Rachel0778 the classes I took focused on hand to hand takedowns but I wasn't able to stick around long. They did more weapons stuff in the krav class before hand which was fun too. I think they're pretty loose with their terminology and it's all just mma really.

Way to go all of you keeping at it despite setbacks. Your inspiring!
  • indygirl217
    indygirl217 Posts: 35 Member
    I finally found a kickboxing class that I enjoy. I tried it yesterday for the first time and it kicks butt. I know it's going to be an exhausting workout but so worth it in the end. I just need to find another Zumba class and I'm back in business.

New goal: stupid cussing. Daughter said some very unladylike things the other day while I was driving. I realize than my road rage is rubbing off on her.
  • tazzy2911
    tazzy2911 Posts: 323 Member
    I just had to share these 2 pics...I'm off work today so went out for a lovely morning walk with my 2 dogs. Now we're back and on the couch catching up on some tv. My 2 neglected babies either side of me!!!
    pfmabpfbchwz.jpeg
    ogbiabulgual.jpeg
  • ShyCush6
    Sinead... they are adorable!!! Aww! I'd share a photo of mine if I knew how, but I guess you've seen her on FB... That is the best way ever to relax with your babies on either side.. looks like you tuckered them out on your walk! Thanks for sharing!
  • ShyCush6
    jkhoffe wrote: »
    What cuties!! I am excited for the weekend - It is supposed to be 54 here in Minneapolis tomorrow!! So excited to spend the day out side getting some exercise.....maybe a get a good run in

Agreed!! I'm in Wisconsin and fully ready for spring!! ;) Let's blow the calories away this weekend!
  • Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    Thanks everyone for cheering me on for my new classes!

@indygirl217 Your post made me laugh! How old is your daughter? And great job finding an awesome new class!

@tazzy2911 your puppies are sooooo cute! I love puppy snuggles in the morning :)

@jkhoffe As a fellow MN person I literally started dancing around the room when I read the weather report! What a perfect day to be outside!

@ShyCush6 What does your furbaby look like?

So I had a bit of a day.... Yesterday during work my knee/ankle were twingeing. Luckily I've gotten into a much better headspace with exercise, so I immediately emailed to cancel Krav Maga (kicking and sore joints aren't a good combo). I spent the night with my puppy, but then set my alarm to go to the 530am weightlifting class this morning so I could start today fresh. This morning I woke up naturally and looked at the clock....and it was 5:15am so the stupid alarm never went off!!! I missed class so I was pretty grumpy and discouraged.

BUT instead of sleeping in further or calling it quits, I went to the gym and tried the new "YFit" gym, which is like a crossfit setup with WOD. I ended up getting a great burn and had a lot of fun trying something new. Today my joints are feeling much more rested so I'll hopefully still be able to try Brazilian Jiu Jitsu this weekend. Plus it's a ground based combat so there's minimal leg joint stress as long as we aren't doing leg locks.
  • bluepoppies777
    bluepoppies777 Posts: 438 Member
    @tazzy2911 cute pooches!! I love dogs!
    @Rachel0778 way to go to not let a minor sleep in ruin a work out. You are seriously killing it lately, so motivational!
    So, it's official: I'm SHRINKING! Weighed myself this morning and I have lost 30 lbs! I couldn't have done it without you guys being here every day, motivating and helping me get through the ups and downs. I have 32 more lbs to go, but it's nice that people are noticing and it bloody well feels good!
    Have an awesome weekend everyone! Have fun, eat right, and sweat!
  • wishfuljune
    wishfuljune Posts: 2,600 Member
    Hello everyone - I saw this forum and thought "wow, 45 pages and still going strong! might as well see what it's all about..." so here I am. :)

I have about 50lbs to go to get to what would be considered a healthy weight for my height. I've already lost 15lbs since January 2016. I don't weigh myself every week, but I do track my food and exercise and try to stay close to my calorie and macro goals for the day. I don't have many off days at the gym - when I do, I do yoga in the apartment. I'm really into weight lifting and I can feel myself getting stronger.

Last night, I was able to bench press 2 30lb plates on the olympic barbell for 7 whole reps. My boyfriend did not have to help me lift the bar. He set a goal of 6 reps for me, but I was able to push out one more and felt so strong after. I also was able to do 6 chin ups on 95lb assistance (the lowest assistance I have ever had the machine set for) and that felt amazing too.

While I want the weight to come off fast, I'm more impressed by how strong I have become by being consistent at the gym and pushing myself to try exercises and lifts that I would have avoided a year ago.
  • pvju
    pvju Posts: 115 Member
    I'd love to join your group. I've lost some and trying to lose another 10lbs. It may not sound like a lot but I've been trying to take off these same ten lbs for 6 years! So far so good on this diet plan.
  • wlfsilva1955
    wlfsilva1955 Posts: 24 Member
    Hi All, I saw this post and thought the same as wishfuljune this forum is going strong!

I am 60 years old, retired and have been 80 pounds overweight for the last 30 years. I started Dr. Fuhrman's Nutritarian Plan on Monday and am down 5 pounds. The meals are filling and I'm not hungry or craving any junk. Started exercising today, I have lots of DVD's so I did The Firm-Hi Def Sculpt and Susan Deason's Yoga this morning, now I'm feeling energized.

Hoping I can meet friends here and we can support each other.