• margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,083 Member
    Options
    :heart:
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,970 Member
    Options
    KJLaMore wrote: »
    Woo-hoo! Doing the Thank-God-It's-Friday-Happy-Dance! (insert dancing cartoon here) Where do you ladies get those little cartoonies?

BArbie- Gah! I love the knight! Where are you getting these cool little stickers?

glitter-graphics.com/

freesmileys.org/

yoursmiles.org/
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

Good Afternoon Ladies,

Mary, it is expensive to keep a dog in a hotel. The sad part about it is that most of them do nothing different when cleaning the room, like many say that they do. Hope you have a good day at the hotel.

Jean, welcome. You will find this a great place for support and information. I know it’s frustration to reach a plateau and stop the scale from moving but if you are motivated you’ll get there. Come often and join right in. Please sign each post with the name you want to be called and a location, general or specific.

CarolNC, thanks for the drive-by. Please remember we are here for you and rooting for you to make it through the winter. I’m just so thankful it hasn’t been a terribly cold winter and I know it’s almost over. ((((Hugs)))) (later) I know what you mean about the wind. It makes our 50’s feel soooo cold. Do what you can to get over the hump, my friend. I would send you a gallon of “Happy” if I could. More ((((Hugs))))

Kristan, I like the short sticker, too. Cute one.

Katla, OMG I can’t imagine having a coyote take my dog when walking him. I would freak out for sure!

Yvonne, good to hear from you. You know the things you need to do, so here is a “nudge” to help you move in the right direction. If you need, I can get out my boots and give ya a kick in the right direction? Glad you got your ski machine back. treadmill-fall-smiley-emoticon.gif Exercise always makes us feel better even though we don’t always want to do it. (((Hugs)))

Barbie, you are wise to rest your legs for tomorrow. We never worry about you not getting enough exercise because I don’t picture you ever just sitting and relaxing.

Karen, cool new motivation. Wish I had a emoticon for you. confused-face-smiley-emoticon.gif (later) Well I see Barbie does!

Joyce, I hope Charlie will improve soon. It has to get so frustrating for you to keep offering helpful ideas and he won’t even consider any of them. Isn’t it strange the things we dream about? I hope it was a cruise I was on!

Margaret, I’m glad you are remembering to take care of yourself. That is very important. (((Hugs)))

Rori, I’m definitely interested in a cruise with as many of us as could go. captain-smiley-emoticon.gif

Pip, what a cute key chain!!! Good idea to paint the top black.

MicheleNC, I know you told us but how long will you be in FL? You talked about finding all the white pants…no matter what I need, I find everything else. Now that I wear a medium in slacks, all they seem to have is S and L. When I was a 2X all they had was 1X and 2X. shopping-smiley-emoticon.gif I don’t think it matters. My DH has a family curse and I’ve been married to him long enough that it’s rubbed off.

Kat, great going. There is no way I could do that! It’s fine (IMHO) to talk to yourself, just try to think of positive things to say. Like: “I feel my fat jiggling so I know in a short time it will get toned up” or “Those people are so jealous because I can run and they are too lazy or out of shape”. You know, something to make you the winner that you are. Keep up the great work but just don’t overdo. For most of us it’s baby steps. sprinting-smiley-emoticon.gif

Joyce, you are smarter than the average bear to have Charlie go down stairs to watch TV. That’s one way to get him to walk a little. He is so lucky to have you!!!

Gloria, that is such a shame about your Mom. I sure hope she can improve. (((Hugs))) Great work on pushing that wall around.

Allie, I love Garth Brooks and have been to his concerts twice. How cool that you are going now that he has come out of retirement. Have a ball and think of us when he sings “Friends in Low Places”.

Lillian, good check up. How dare you bypass all the joys of menopause! Don’t you want to “Feel like a Woman”. (music playing) I’m jealous. I started in early 40’s and it went on for years, and years, and years. Actually I’m happy for you. I suffered enough for both of us. (((Hugs)))

Betty, have a blast at the concert and enjoy burning those calories.

Sflurbo, welcome. This is a great place for support and information. We ask that you sign each post with the name you want to be called and a location, general or specific. The one good thing about looking ahead is planning what you will eat and when. Most of us have found that planning and logging everything that goes in our mouth seem to be the secret to success. That and of course “moving”. Good luck.

Sylvia, glad the meeting went well and that you got to see your DGD. About the “special artist”, I think your ideas are good ones. First of all, if the guidelines say that all art has to be framed, etc., is that something he will do? But waiting and letting all the others vote is a good idea. How about the one’s that push him the hardest can have his booth by theirs? *Just thinking out loud* I agree it would be nice to help him but this is a business venture and you have to look at it that way. Good luck and keep us posted.

Heather, you got all kinds of family news. I hope your nephew is okay. I had whiplash from a car wreck and it took 10 or 15 years to get totally over it.

Irish Terri, so good to hear from you. You have been missed. Sorry about those passing while you were gone. I hope you enjoyed both trips.

Donna, I know what you mean about time to post. I’m retired and can’t hardly keep up so for those of you that work it has to be a real job.

Kay, I love it….”Making out with the mirror.” That probably looked better than those of us making out with walls and counters. smiley-laughing018.gif

Heather, good for you with the new dress. When it arrives you’ll have to take a picture of you wearing it.

Becca, if you are going to be kind enough to sweep up, I’ll gladly furnish a proper broom. sweeping-smiley-emoticon.gif

m1277.gifto any Newbies that I missed. Come often and join in the chat. This thing works!! Please sign your post with what you want to be called. It makes it easier for us to respond to you. Also a location is great, be it specific or general. We are happy to have you join us.

Ladies, I’m sorry this is so long. I’m a slow reader and have many interruptions during the day. I started reading at 9:00 this morning and it’s now 5:15 pm and just finishing. I have done 7 sets of 10 push-ups and will get in another when I finish this. Sending healing thoughts and prayers to those that need it and kudos to those with victories. Huggs for everyone along with my love and gratitude for sharing your lives with us.
    I hope all of you have a healthy and happy day. rose.gif

Words I live by:
    Savor. I have to slow down and savor every bite.
    and
    Opportunity. Each day offers new opportunities for good health and happiness if we just look for them and choose them.
    I Love you, smiley-love013.gif
    DJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,328 Member
    Options
    Well, that half bottle of wine was not such a good idea. :noway: DH went upstairs to watch the rugby and I ended up attacking the cheese box. :sad: I'm still (only just) within maintenance calories, but it's a lesson. Again........ Again.

Heather UK
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    I'm home and I just finished up my 8X 10 push-ups for the day! I'm feeling stronger!

<3

Marry from Minnesota
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    :heart:
  • Marley2591
    Marley2591 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I am so enjoying the posts here. You all sound like great women with the same goals/challenges. I am glad that I found this "community." Many thanks!

Cathy from Canada
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »

Cheri: Your sleep issues are puzzling. Do you have personal habits that would tend to jazz you up at night. I'm a coffeeholic, but do not have any after noon or I'd have sleep trouble. Even decaf is not completely caffeine free. Tea can have as much or more caffeine, depending on the variety, and chocolate is also high in caffeine. Good luck figuring it out. :flowerforyou:
    Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

I'm at the point where getting in bed is a negative experience and well I really like going to bed....I have a cup of coffee first thing in the morning and try to stay away from caffeine from lunch on. I'm way into menopause (10+ years) so not too bothered at this point with hot flashes/night sweats as I used to be. Going to try Miriam's suggestion of Benadryl and see if that helps.

Productive day- got all of my daughter's boxes back in storage ready for her when she wants them. I also took out of storage my journaling/scrapbooking materials and made a space for them on a table downstairs. 4 clear totes of wonderful stuff! This interminable waiting to see when/if/where we are moving was keeping me from something I love doing. It was such a joy to see/feel/create with all my stuff! AND THEN THE HUSBAND SAYS: You know you will have to move that stuff next week when I have my Skype interviews?! OY VEY!!! We will just have to see about that...

Anyhoo....a good day! The weekend is here and my husband typically doesn't do well on the weekends. This is a long standing issue. The let down from the work week....we just have not figured out what it is...however he no longer stays in bed for 2 days like when the kids were little. So we always plan something for each day of the weekend even if its just shopping/chores. But there has to be a plan. It helps. Since I don't work anymore all the days sort of are the same for me. So no big deal.

Enjoy your Friday night ladies.

Cheri
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,776 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    DJ ... Are we related? My DH has
    a family curse that has rubbed off on me too ...

Sylvia ... Regarding the special needs artist ... Go with your original manifesto. Art, I realize, is subjective ... But unadorned coloring book pages is stretching the definition. If the coloring book artist had been anyone besides a special needs individual, would you even be having this discussion? As I recall, your co-op received a lot of press. You were bound to get less than qualified candidates. I do like some of the other suggestions, but I also think your group had the right to set and maintain high standards in the main facility

Carol ... Have you seen my recent posts regarding my eating "everything but the kitchen sink?" I so understand your problem but have not found the solution for myself yet...

Made baked eggplant Parmesan for the first time tonight ... That was a diet buster. We all enjoyed it, but since none of us had eaten it before, we have no idea if it tasted like it should! I should probably cook unfamiliar foods more often! :smiley:

Beth near Buffalo

• barbiecat
    edited February 2016
    Options
    1056287i3zmwzup2m.gifBrandy got the stitches out of her leg and the OK from the vet to go without the cone and the donut collar. The biopsy revealed fast growing cancer cells and although the margins are clear in this area, it is likely that the cancer will come back somewhere else. Jake and I are in agreement about how we will treat this and how we will make decisions later. We have always known that our pets would not be with us forever and we value every day that they are with us.

194904olsgis3xqe.gifToday was sort of a rest day for me---dog walking in the morning, taught the two hour line dance class, and walked the dogs again in the afternoon, but I stayed off the exercise bike, stayed away from the pushups challenge, postponed strong lifts to tomorrow, and stayed off the exercise bike.

253149qtzkf0ld22.gifBarbie from beautiful drizzly NW Washington

My word for 2016 is "alacrity"....I will greet all experiences in my life with cheerful readiness
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    Barbie- great job on the exercise! I'm sorry to hear about Brandy. I hope that the cancer stays away for a long time. (((Hugs)))

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • TheRealMsWolf
    TheRealMsWolf Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Today I took my dog, Diego, to the dog park to meet a friend and her dog. The two did fine together, getting to know each other while we picnicked. Diego is a rescue Chihuahua and once we walked to the area with a lot of other dogs he became frightened and just wanted me to carry him (I didn't.) I think it was just too overwhelming for him, so from now on, we'll have our doggy play dates at one house or the other.
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,381 Member
    Options
    Won't do any formal exercise today since we need to leave for my friend's house in about an hour. Have no idea what tomorrow will bring. If it's not raining, maybe I'll do a walking video down at the clubhouse.

Kat - I do not enjoy running one bit. I'm always worried about my knees. I do, tho, enjoy walking. Congrats to you and how wonderful of your husband to encourage you on.

Mary - so glad you're taking care of yourself

Joyce - you're almost as sneaky as I am!!!!

Gloria - I hear ya being far away from a parent. We were in PA and my father was in NJ. So sorry to hear about your mom. Would she have one of those Ensure-type suppliment drinks?

Lillian - yea for the results!

Cheri - hope your hubby gets the one he wants

Lenora - I'm so sorry for how you were treated!

Sylvia - I knew your speech would go well!

Carol in NC - trust me, it is VERY windy here. Remember, we're right on the river so the wind is astronomical. My hair is always messed no matter what I do

I'm thinking that I'll do a walking DVD here in the condo. It's probably going to be too cold to do anything at the clubhouse tomorrow. Then the friends we went to Palm Coast to see want to come down here to go to Dixie Crossroads. We'll probably meet them there since it might be difficult since this is a gated community. The after dinner if they'd like to come here, that'll be fine. Not like I have a lot to offer them to entertain them, tho

DJ - we'll pick up the uHaul and load it on the 3rd (wed) and then leave (boo hoo) the 4th. Love all your icons

barbie - Lexi, Loki, Bonnie and Clyde send Brandy hugs

Michele from NC now in FL
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    DJ~ Thanks for the proper broom!!!! oooh we shall be able to EAT off the sides of this thread! No junk food now. Or Oreos. Or ding-dongs....
    Becca
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :) There's a book I'd like to recommend to all of you who are enjoying running or talking about it---"What I Talk About when I Talk About Running", by Haruki Murakami..I read it about a year ago because it was suggested to me as a good book about habits and commitment. I'm not a runner but the author is and his talk about running might be interesting to you.
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    I haven't banned Charlie to the family room downstairs to get him more walking. Well that pay have been part of it. But that is his man cave. It's the place for when he plays his Wii and gets mad at it he bangs the control on the table, the table suffers. He doesn't like a lot of my shows and complains about it. I do a lot of reality shows and he absolutely hates them except watching shows like House Hunters on HGTV. But Survivor and Amazing Race not so much. And I just don't want to have to keep on using the pause button for him to loudly make a derogatory comment about a favorite show. If he doesn't like it then go somewhere else! Plus I wanted to prove to him that he isn't the invalid he things he is. So he is now happily going up and down the stairs getting to the bathroom in time and not limping as much in doing it. I just wish his appetite was better. I am fixing some of his favorite foods. And the fridge is getting full of leftovers. This weekend may be eating leftovers although I did want to fix meatloaf and baked potatoes. Maybe that is for next week.

Joyce, Indiana
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Barbie: I'm sorry to hear about the cancer found on Brandy but happy to hear there are clear margins. I hope this may gain her another year or more. Our fur children are dear to us, but their lives often seem too short. :heart:

I have a riding lesson at 10 in the morning and hope to heaven my saddle sores are healed enough that I don't irritate them again. Living with them has not been fun. I've been practicing "two point position" by stepping up on a stair and holding myself in a riding pose balancing on the balls of my feet that I hope simulates a two-point position. I hold this pose for 5 minutes at a time. Today I'll get a total of 15 minutes done by bedtime. I wonder whether this will have any positive effect at all. We will see. I'm trying to build up leg and back muscles that will help me use two-point position effectively to avoid future saddle sores. They are not fun. :noway: Advice from those with riding experience is always welcome. :bigsmile:

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,672 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Stats for the day:
    Ride hm 2 gym- 13.09min, 13.7amph, 142mhr, 2.9mi = 94c
    ski machine- 35min, 129ahr, 148mhr, 5incl, 20-40resist, 40mhr, 1.60mi = 308c
    ride gym 2 dome- 6.15min, 13.1amph, 140mhr 1.4mi = 70c
    ride wk 2 hm- 19.52min, 8.3amph, 149mhr 2.7mi = 212c
    694 total cal