What No One Tells You About Going Paleo (Hint: It's Sad)

Options

Replies

• dutchandkiwi
    dutchandkiwi Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    So funny! Thank you so much for this.
  • Whitezombiegirl
    Whitezombiegirl Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    You admit to not researching it and would probably agree that you had some misunderstandings. I came to paleo via an intetest in paleo ethnology and its worked great for me for the last 8 years. Im 90% which means i have 10% of my diet on whatever. Not gonna make a case for it coz it obviously didnt work for you. Each to our own.
  • Steph1015
    Steph1015 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Lol! Thank you!
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    You admit to not researching it and would probably agree that you had some misunderstandings. I came to paleo via an intetest in paleo ethnology and its worked great for me for the last 8 years. Im 90% which means i have 10% of my diet on whatever. Not gonna make a case for it coz it obviously didnt work for you. Each to our own.

No disrespect to @Wetcoaster who is hilarious, passionate and very well spoken but do people not realize that the OP didn't actually write this? It's a link to a blog post written by a woman, republished in Pop Sugar, and the text is copied in the OP for those who choose not to click the link.
  • ajff
    ajff Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    You just made my morning!
  • Berkgal33
    Berkgal33 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    So well written and hilarious! Kudos. Best post I have read in a long time.
  • SteveMoto
    SteveMoto Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    HAHAHA! Love it! Thanks!
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options
    Interesting you should say that...
  • love2lift_85
    love2lift_85 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    HAHAHAHAHAHA! This is fabulous. I've wondered the same thing about Paleo sometimes - where'd the cavemen get an oven and food processor??

Nice work sir.
  • ElizabethOakes2
    ElizabethOakes2 Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Yes, folks, even if you include the link, it's still called plagiarism if you quote over ten percent of the article.

That being said, I LOVE this blog post, and having tried paleo myself as part of book research (and realizing that my body needs carbs like a cave man needs a spear, quit when I found myself getting sicker, not healthier), I think this is spot on. And if Jeff Goldblum told me to rob a bank, yah, I'd probably do it, too. :)
  • rebeccaswag86
    rebeccaswag86 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    You are a riot! Thanks for being so real & honest :-P
    ...never trust someone who says they love Paleo lol
  • DizzyMissIzzy
    DizzyMissIzzy Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    This is exquisite.

• Mapalicious
    Mapalicious Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    :lol: ethnology...right. no physical anthropologist worth their degree would agree that paleo has any basis in reality. it's an absurd concoction, but if it works for someone then you go ahead and do your thing.
  • SteveJWatson
    SteveJWatson Posts: 1,225 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    :lol: ethnology...right. no physical anthropologist worth their degree would agree that paleo has any basis in reality. it's an absurd concoction, but if it works for someone then you go ahead and do your thing.

Quite.

Apart from anything else, there were plenty of globally available carb sources available to our ancestors that we no longer eat... The Ray Mears book "Wild Food" is quite interesting in this regard.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »

No disrespect to @Wetcoaster who is hilarious, passionate and very well spoken but do people not realize that the OP didn't actually write this? It's a link to a blog post written by a woman, republished in Pop Sugar, and the text is copied in the OP for those who choose not to click the link.

It's a fascinating process to watch - those who credit or discredit the OP without that basic understanding? /smh
    ---
    @Wetcoaster - thanks for sharing a good read - the attempts to justify the rules of paleo on ethnological or historical basis are always comedy gold.
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    I actually like a lot of paleo recipes, although I would never try to make paleo cookies solely for the purpose of being truly paleo.
  • hockeysniper8
    hockeysniper8 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Haha, great laugh...It's like George Carlin wrote this story
  • floridagirl7264
    floridagirl7264 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I clicked on the link and it showed the pucks of suffering.
  • Wetcoaster
    Wetcoaster Posts: 1,788 Member
    Options

Hmmmm......you might want to learn how to research also since I didnt write it. Just sayin. And a sense of humor might help.
  • vrojapu
    vrojapu Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Please, please write your book soon -- it'll be on the bestseller lists for all eternity!

Thank you for making MFP even more rewarding than it is already.