WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2016

Options

Replies

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,340 Member
    Options
    Penny - I am not crawling or slithering into any caves, even to hear AG. :noway: What a wonderful memory! :flowerforyou:

No alcohol day today. :D Once I've got over the 6pm hump I actually like it. DH pointed out that we were having an ABSTEMIOUS day. He told me (he loves doing crosswords and the like) that it is one of the rare words that has all the vowels in the right order. :D (Facetious is another one) So all of you who are being ABSTEMIOUS over something, like sugar, can take heart that it's a very special word. :bigsmile:

DJ - I love your description of your communication with your husband. :laugh:

Heather UK
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    :)
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    Stronglifts Workout

Squat-1X5X 95/105/115, 5X5X 125
    Sumo squats-5X5X 110
    BP-1X5X 65/70/75, 5X5X 80
    BR-5X5X 85
    OHP- 1X5X 45/50/55/60, 5X5X 50
    DL-1X5X 150

This may be my last day of full body workouts for the month of March. The reason is I start my 10,000 Kettlebell swing challenge tomorrow which will be done every day including Stronglifts Workout day. I am going to be very careful about not overtraining. Set yourself up for success not failure!

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    NSV today, I walked past two(!) office birthday cakes today, woohooo. I attribute this to #1 just ate lunch and #2 just finished reading this forum, so thank you friends!!!

DD is still not eating, this "Delhi Belly" is serious stuff :( . She is drinking electrolites and has started on a probiotic, but she is so hungry she immediately vomits anytime she eats something. We are going to try very slow nibbles on crackers again after this latest attempt, which included a big cleanup on my part :s

Unable to exercise at gym today, gonna stay close in solidarity with her. At least I stayed way under my food calories today.
    Karen from NY
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Gee, I can remember the 1st time I was pregnant; I craved hamburger meat; cooked any way; would eat it and immediately throw it up. Belly kept getting larger and I kept losing weight (until they found out what was going on). I don't have any 'cravings' at the moment - but, feel hungry a lot; so then I go over my 'caloric intake numbers'. One reason I put on 5lb this last 2 weeks was because I 'grazed' most of the time. At Neurologist office appears that I've lost 1.5 lbs since. Still trying to stay at or under my caloric intake numbers.

Lenora
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,793 Member
    Options
    afternoon folks~
    got a text from my DSIL today asking if I would watch Faith for a week.. while she goes to Florida, I was planning on going to the cape that weekend for 4 days(Easter weekend) as I have thursday off, then good friday and saterday and sunday. But I am sort of torn.... do I take Doris and go to Cape or do my SIL the favor and stay with ,momma for a week... I am torn, she is pestering me for an answer so she can book the plane and hotel.. gee must be nice to hop and go when you want... and I cant even talk Tom into letting me go to my cousins wedding..
    will sleep on it and then tell her tomorrow..
  • mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Alison, do what you want to do for yourself!!! You always do everything for other people. This time you need to do for yourself. Don't let them guilt you into it.

And why do you need Tom's permission to do anything? Just go to the wedding.
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,793 Member
    Options
    sylvia~ we shall see, right now I am not in the mood to fight, I have been eating and eating and gaining and gaining, somewhere it has to stop..I will think about watching Faith, I dont mind really... I just dont like being away from home and my puppies..
  • Marley2591
    Marley2591 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone! From what I have been reading - it looks like this message board will change for March? Will it be easy for a newcomer to find this group again? Many thanks!

Cathy (from Canada)
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    edited March 2016
    Options
    grandmallie - IF you have plans that weekend; I'd tell her that you have plans; and, if it was at another time you would gladly do it. It took me a long time to learn to say 'no' to others - especially to say it with no explanation. However a "Sorry, I can't do it because I have already made plans." is a kind remark and it makes your point. I don't know who Doris is; but, wouldn't she be upset for plans to be changed at this late date. Easter is not that far away. I really don't understand why people won't take 'no' for an answer. She can change her plans, then you could do it; but, I certainly would not change my plans to suit her. It will be something else that will dig at you under your skin, and probably make you eat more from 'stress'. Especially if she can jump on a plane anytime she wants to. But, as some of you think ... I can be 'mean-spirited'; but, you've made plans, why change them?
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    Options
    Cathy - come back later on tonight or first thing in the morning and you'll find Barbiecat's link to March, 2016. Make sure you hit the outline of a star so it will turn yellow; after that you'll hit the gray button between the bell and gear and a drop down screen will show up. It'll give you a chance to read the few February posts that have been made and then will take you into March; that's when you need to click on the outline of the star and it'll be there for you. Hope this helps.

Lenora
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    grandmallie - IF you have plans that weekend; I'd tell her that you have plans; and, if it was at another time you would gladly do it. It took me a long time to learn to say 'no' to others - especially to say it with no explanation. However a "Sorry, I can't do it because I have already made plans." is a kind remark and it makes your point. I don't know who Doris is; but, wouldn't she be upset for plans to be changed at this late date. Easter is not that far away. I really don't understand why people won't take 'no' for an answer. She can change her plans, then you could do it; but, I certainly would not change my plans to suit her. It will be something else that will dig at you under your skin, and probably make you eat more from 'stress'. Especially if she can jump on a plane anytime she wants to. But, as some of you think ... I can be 'mean-spirited'; but, you've made plans, why change them?

I agree with all of this. I learned that you can say no and NOT give an explanation. Allie you must begin sticking up for yourself. Your plans are just as important as anyone else. Find your voice. For so long in my marriage if my husband wasn't doing it then I guess I wasn't either. I got over it and it took a while to feel comfortable. Stand in who you are and want to be and let others see that you are a caring and giving and loving person but also have a life of your own.

Cheri with my 2 cents worth...
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

Good Evening Ladies,

Heather, I love hearing about all your new language discoveries. Some would be too confusing to me. I’m afraid I’d want to say one thing and end up saying who knows what. you-are-a-loser-smiley-emoticon.gif I mean that could get a person in trouble.

Mary, I hope Shep is feeling better!

Marcelyn
    , did we forget to mention that you don’t ever want to skip a day???? As far as taking notes, what many of us do is have a word document or notepad open and take notes as we read. Then when we are ready to post we just copy and paste. I’m curious what your 40 phone call cost. If you remember, let us know when you get the bill.

CarolGA, your soup sounds yummy. I love homemade soup but will not be sad when it is no longer soup weather.

Gina, Welcome. We are glad you found us. This is a great place for support and information so come often and join right in.

Kay, so glad your class leader got the message. Congrats on the NSV!!! Don’t ya love those?

Sylvia, soooo sorry you are getting sick. I agree you should cancel the meeting at your place so you don’t give the whole group whatever you have. Sending healing thoughts and prayers. sick-fever.gif

Janetr, great job!!! Even though you haven’t lost weight in the past 7 months, do you feel your body is still changing? I’ve only lost about 5 pounds in that time but I can tell a difference. Guess the weight is still shifting around.

Lisa, thanks for checking in. So do you still have an office at the warehouse or just the bedroom? Congrats on the freelance writing. Every little bit helps.

Karen, congrats on walking past those cakes. Glad we could be part of your decision. Hope your DD gets better soon!!

Allie, why should you cancel a trip you want to take just so your DSIL can take one? I don’t exactly see the logic? It’s not like she “needs” to go to Florida for some type of business! Your R n R is as important as hers if not more. You are so nice but be nice to yourself. <3

DH and I had a nice Sadie Hawkins Day date. I had a 6 oz. filet and two green veggies. It was yummy although the steak was a touch overdone. We don’t go out to eat much anymore so it was fun. Tomorrow is line dancing so I’ll get in some extra exercise. One thing I’ve started doing is all my exercises in sets of 10. Wonder where I got that? Lol I actually used to do them in sets of 12 but now am doing more sets. You ladies just keep giving me ideas and I love it. Good luck to all with their March goals and challenges.

I hope all of you have a healthy and happy day. good-afternoon-smiley-emoticon.gif]

Words I live by:
    Savor. I have to slow down and savor every bite.
    and
    Opportunity. Each day offers new opportunities for good health and happiness if we just look for them and choose them.
    I Love you, smiley-love013.gif
    DJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,683 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:
    ride hm 2 gym- 13.14min, 13.6amph, 149mhr, 3mi = 129c
    spin- 35min, 83ar, 96aw, 11g 117ahr, 146mhr, 14.3mi = 268c
    ride gym 2 dome- 7.09min, 11.9amph, 148mhr 1.4mi = 86c
    ride wk 2 hm- 16.51min, 9.8amph, 152mhr, 2.7mi = 177c
    total cal 660
  • oceanmelody
    oceanmelody Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Dear Allie, please do not change your plans because somebody else wants to take a vacation ! And I hope you have a great time at the wedding too!
    You are entitled to do what you plan to do. Last time I checked your name was not "Doormat", but the beautiful "Allison".
    Betty
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Update on Shep. I got a cup of rice mixed with pumpkin and Pedialyte into him. He hasn't had an issue since 2:00 and has been perking up. I wil know more by tomorrow!

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,683 Member
    Options
    Alison, do what you want to do for yourself!!! You always do everything for other people. This time you need to do for yourself. Don't let them guilt you into it.

same thing i was asking myself. it's nice to let him know where you will be out of courtesy, but you should have him permission to go, you are not his child, you are his wife. you should go, look purdy and have a blast!
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,976 Member
    Options
    2157045gp85zev8ri.gif
    Strong Lifts with dumbbells
    sumo squats 5X5 @ 45 lbs
    bench press 1X5 @ 35 lbs 4X5 @ 38 lbs
    dumbbell row 5X5 @ 50 lbs
    calf raise 5X5 @ 35 lbs

walked 16,000 steps
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,976 Member
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »

same thing i was asking myself. it's nice to let him know where you will be out of courtesy, but you should have him permission to go, you are not his child, you are his wife. you should go, look purdy and have a blast!

:) I agree with all of this
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Barbie- great strength training workout! Your steps are very impressive as well.

<3

Mary from Minnesota