New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    Ben & Jerry's scared me with their non dairy lineup after trying their pb cookies which I feel had a lot of taste and texture issues, but I tried their coffee caramel flavor and was blown away! The almond was actually very enjoyable with the coffee flavoring, and the fudge chunks and caramel were perfect. Texture and aftertaste were not an issue in this pint and it's a billion times better than other almond milk pints on the market! I take back everything I said about their dairy free lines, the pb cookies wasn't perfect but they certainly do have potential!!! Now I have to try others! So glad I got this flavor, it's just like regular ice cream with more of an almond flavoring!

cyxxi8re3ivz.jpg
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »
    Ben & Jerry's scared me with their non dairy lineup after trying their pb cookies which I feel had a lot of taste and texture issues, but I tried their coffee caramel flavor and was blown away! The almond was actually very enjoyable with the coffee flavoring, and the fudge chunks and caramel were perfect. Texture and aftertaste were not an issue in this pint and it's a billion times better than other almond milk pints on the market! I take back everything I said about their dairy free lines, the pb cookies wasn't perfect but they certainly do have potential!!! Now I have to try others! So glad I got this flavor, it's just like regular ice cream with more of an almond flavoring!

cyxxi8re3ivz.jpg

i love all things coffee and their coffee health bar crunch was my ALL TIME FAVORITE ICE CREAM... and then they changed the formula :( im so excited for this!
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I didn't stick to my no crown prince promise after trying those nasty kipper snacks. This is very lacking in flavor. I will just stick to the very expensive crab or substitute canned skipjack in crab cake recipes. No more crown prince. I am sticking to it this time.
    I've only ever tried canned crab once. I don't even remember the brand, but it was so awful. I never want another.

• chunky_pinup
    chunky_pinup Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    bellaa_x0 wrote: »

Had the Chunky Monkey one this weekend...it's yummy!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Double post... I also tried this today:

ecb774te1s46.jpg

It's a half size bar. It was really, really good! It's a bit weird to combine cookies and cream and caramel (the bar is cookies and cream, caramel on top, and then covered in chocolate), but it worked! This company also sells sugar free (sugar alcohol sweetened) chocolate, so their chocolate coating was quite good. I'm not really a fan of protein bars that try to be chocolate bars in general, since I usually find they aren't "treat" like enough to actually replace a chocolate bar, but don't seem "food" like enough to consider as part of a meal. Combat Crunch are alright, but I don't really buy them for this reason. However, this bar blew them out of the water! It could definitely replace a chocolate bar as a treat.

I tried a few of their bars a couple years ago and loved them, but the store that carried them around here closed and I'm too cheap to pay for shipping on their site.

They came out with some cake batter protein powder that I want to try so badly though, lol.

Do you mean the yellow cake? If so I've had and it is SOO good. It has chunks of "icing" in it that really make the flavor :).

The only flavor I didn't care for was red velvet, but I am not a fan of red velvet in general. I find it to be very boring.

Still want to try this flavor, but have a few more protein bars to get through first & Lenny & Larry cookies.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    Sweet fancy, I need that Haagen Dazs toasted sesame brittle in my life.

I went to Giant today to pick up Siggis yogurt, & didn't notice that flavor in the Haagen Dazs section of the freezer :( .
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options

ecb774te1s46.jpg

It's a half size bar. It was really, really good! It's a bit weird to combine cookies and cream and caramel (the bar is cookies and cream, caramel on top, and then covered in chocolate), but it worked! This company also sells sugar free (sugar alcohol sweetened) chocolate, so their chocolate coating was quite good. I'm not really a fan of protein bars that try to be chocolate bars in general, since I usually find they aren't "treat" like enough to actually replace a chocolate bar, but don't seem "food" like enough to consider as part of a meal. Combat Crunch are alright, but I don't really buy them for this reason. However, this bar blew them out of the water! It could definitely replace a chocolate bar as a treat.

I tried a few of their bars a couple years ago and loved them, but the store that carried them around here closed and I'm too cheap to pay for shipping on their site.

They came out with some cake batter protein powder that I want to try so badly though, lol.

Do you mean the yellow cake? If so I've had and it is SOO good. It has chunks of "icing" in it that really make the flavor :).

The only flavor I didn't care for was red velvet, but I am not a fan of red velvet in general. I find it to be very boring.

No I meant this

yellow-cake-batter-shake-nutritional.jpg

Just not sure how versatile it would be but man it sounds tasty. I've never tried their powders though... Does anyone have experience with them?
  • mathandcats
    mathandcats Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    These caught my eye on the Impulsive Buy. I hope my Kroger will carry them.

2etykrcltse4.jpg
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options

ecb774te1s46.jpg

No I meant this

Just not sure how versatile it would be but man it sounds tasty. I've never tried their powders though... Does anyone have experience with them?

i hope you try it and tell us because maaaan that sounds delicious.
  • Francl27
    Options
    fishshark wrote: »

ecb774te1s46.jpg

No I meant this

I want to get some of their stuff but don't want to pay for shipping!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options

ecb774te1s46.jpg

No I meant this

Does any brick & mortar store carry ChocoRite?
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    Anyone try these?

24652672020_0cd8e4ebcd_z.jpg?resize=640%2C388&ssl=1

24985955221_33b8fa048f_z.jpg?resize=640%2C480&ssl=1
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    Two new Breyers flavors

http://www.theimpulsivebuy.com/wordpress/2016/02/29/spotted-on-shelves-breyers-chocolate-peanut-butter-and-coconut-fudge-ice-creams/

I'm not a huge Breyers fan but I do love their Golden Oreo dairy dessert ice cream & the one Raspberry flavor with chocolate is pretty decent. The only new flavors of ice cream I'm interested in finding that I haven't already is the Haagen Dazs flavor @AngryViking1970 mentioned & the new Edy's flavors.

@Francl27 did you try any of the new Turkey Hill gelato flavors?
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    New Arctic Zero flavors for those that like this brand.

25203640212_95198ccca8_z.jpg?resize=480%2C640&ssl=1
  • besee_2000
    besee_2000 Posts: 365 Member
    Options

I should really know better than to buy clearanced protein bars but it was too hard to resist! GNC had these and the macros were pretty solid. 180cal for 20g protein, stevia sweetened. But ewww. I nuked up half and then I could taste some of the peanut flavor but overall a no. Somewhat like the Pure Protein bars in chocolate in regards to flavor and texture but worse on the aftertaste. I also got the Strawberry cheesecake and will try that for science but otherwise it probably is not an improvement is my guess.
    81CYhnbqK0L._SX522_.jpg
    It looked exactly like this out of the wrapper though this is not my pic.
    IMG_1807.jpg

Also had to try the No Cow Bar in Raspberry Truffle... when will I learn to take reviews to heart. The flavor was mildly raspberry but not at all truffley. Truffle insinuates a rich experience. No, not at all. I forgot about the pea protein base. It was a very chalky experience. 160cal for 21g protein Rasp.jpg?af7cef
  • di_763
    di_763 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    These caught my eye on the Impulsive Buy. I hope my Kroger will carry them.

2etykrcltse4.jpg

Looks amazing. I'll have to check out the nutrients, but yummy looking.
  • di_763
    di_763 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I bought Quest Peanut Butter protein powder last night...impulse buy. I had hoped to pick up a sample at Vitamin Shoppe, but they didn't have PB. I will give it a taste today....keeping my fingers crossed (I love peanut butter, so this could potentially rock my world). xmmrawe3k0de.jpeg
  • Francl27
    Options

ecb774te1s46.jpg

No I meant this

Does any brick & mortar store carry ChocoRite?

One did next to me but it closed down.

@Francl27 did you try any of the new Turkey Hill gelato flavors?

I haven't seen them, but I wasn't impressed by the caramel one I tried before, to be honest. I'm mostly looking for the new Talenti flavors at this point (And the Edy's slow churned ones).
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    di_763 wrote: »
    I bought Quest Peanut Butter protein powder last night...impulse buy. I had hoped to pick up a sample at Vitamin Shoppe, but they didn't have PB. I will give it a taste today....keeping my fingers crossed (I love peanut butter, so this could potentially rock my world). xmmrawe3k0de.jpeg

If you don't mind the sweet, you'll probably like it fine - it has a nice but not super strong peanut butter flavor. Personally, I just can't handle the overuse of sweetener.
  • Francl27
    Options
    stealthq wrote: »
    di_763 wrote: »

If you don't mind the sweet, you'll probably like it fine - it has a nice but not super strong peanut butter flavor. Personally, I just can't handle the overuse of sweetener.

It's my impression with the salted caramel too... bit too sweet for me. But I really like the vanilla and chocolate ones.