Just for fun: normal foods or food combos you can't stand!!

Options

Replies

• alias1001
    alias1001 Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    Sprinkles. Ugh.

The fiance who loves ice cream also HATES sprinkles. Match made in heaven.
  • AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Sprinkles. Ugh.

I'm right there with you on sprinkles. Little wax pieces of colored nothingness that only get in the way and stick in teeth. Another product that I saw the how's it made show.....yuck. I didn't like them before that show and now I really don't like them.

Maraschino cherries. Aren't they even considered inedible or listed as a non-food decoration in some countries? I heard that somewhere. I know what a fresh cherry looks like and it's nothing like the plastic textured almost opaque unnatural red colored funky tasting thing that restaurants contaminate my dessert and/or drinks with. I'm always unhappy when it's not listed or shown as an ingredient so I cant ask them to leave it off and then I have to remove the vile glow in the dark looking pile and the waste it excretes on my food. :s
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    Sprinkles. Ugh.

I'm right there with you on sprinkles. Little wax pieces of colored nothingness that only get in the way and stick in teeth. Another product that I saw the how's it made show.....yuck. I didn't like them before that show and now I really don't like them.

Maraschino cherries. Aren't they even considered inedible or listed as a non-food decoration in some countries? I heard that somewhere. I know what a fresh cherry looks like and it's nothing like the plastic textured almost opaque unnatural red colored funky tasting thing that restaurants contaminate my dessert and/or drinks with. I'm always unhappy when it's not listed or shown as an ingredient so I cant ask them to leave it off and then I have to remove the vile glow in the dark looking pile and the waste it excretes on my food. :s

LOL I feel the same way about those nasty cherries! I can't believe some people actually eat them.
  • DrusiliaDD
    DrusiliaDD Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Banoffe, why would you ruin perfectly good toffee??
    Licorice or aniseed
    Boiled eggs
    Celery
    Bananas
    Sweet, or sweet and salt popcorn. Give me salted or toffee any day.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Sprinkles. Ugh.

Haha ditto. Although for some reason the Funfetti cake I made with sprinkles inside was actually delicious.

About the cherries, I actually can't stand most cherry desserts because artificial cherry is just plain nasty.
  • vegmebuff
    vegmebuff Posts: 31,389 Member
    Options
    oh those sprinkles! I agree along with:

Apple, peach, nectarine or pear pie!
    Golden raisins....
    Not that this should be considered 'food' but Waldon 'Peanut Butter' spread....probably the most vile thing I've ever consumed.
    Mayo
    Bread and butter pickles or sweet pickles
    Roast beef, hamburger meat, steak or lamb...actually any red meat
    gravy
  • MrsMoviestar
    MrsMoviestar Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Tomatoes are gross and disgusting. We should take all the tomatoes and put them on another planet.

Beyond that, I don't like anything in the melon family. Honeydew, canteloupe, watermelon...

Omg yessssss! And kiwi and avocado too
  • MrsMoviestar
    MrsMoviestar Posts: 115 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Here in N.Y. cream cheese and lox on a bagel is quite popular, however I find it to be vile! I love Cream cheese, and I love bagels, but I hate lox. The idea of putting fish with cream cheese is disgusting to me. I have tried it a couple of times, but I just can't do it
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Sprinkles. Ugh.

Haha ditto. Although for some reason the Funfetti cake I made with sprinkles inside was actually delicious.

About the cherries, I actually can't stand most cherry desserts because artificial cherry is just plain nasty.

i literally die for funfetti haha!
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,390 Member
    Options
    peanut butter. Just the smell sends me running *shudders* and I have a mushroom phobia. When walking over a meadow I do a double take when I see mushrooms growing in front of me, and those big white puffballs are worst. I don't die when I accidentally eat a tiny piece of mushroom, but the texture and taste is just yucky as well. Dead ones (in my food) are better though than alive ones. Those are seriously nasty and scary! They can kill you!!! ;)
  • peachyfuzzle
    peachyfuzzle Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    I've been turning a corner on olives recently, but I still absolutely cannot stand anything with caraway flavor. Ugh. Rye bread, italian sausages (which sucks because I love the rest of the sausage apart from the stupid caraway seeds), Kimmelweck buns (which also sucks because I'm a Buffalonian, and was raised with Beef on Weck), liquors with caraway, etc., etc.
  • stephanieluvspb
    stephanieluvspb Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    My food weirdness isn't what food it is, it just can't touch. Lol I hate for food to touch each other. I also eat things one at a time. I also hate "wet" bread. Strawberry shortcake, biscuits and gravy, bread pudding....ewwwww
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    Olives
    Mayonnaise
    Yogurt
    Canned tuna fish
    Bologna
    Spam
    White bread
    Gravy
    Licorice
    Anything visually repulsive
  • peachyfuzzle
    peachyfuzzle Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    My food weirdness isn't what food it is, it just can't touch. Lol I hate for food to touch each other. I also eat things one at a time. I also hate "wet" bread. Strawberry shortcake, biscuits and gravy, bread pudding....ewwwww

I've heard the whole "not touching" thing a lot, but I could never understand it. I grew up with a family that puts foods on top of foods.
  • CeeBeeSlim
    CeeBeeSlim Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    @stephanieluvspb - :) You're the only other person besides my dad who I've heard mention "wet" bread! He hates dumplings and almost cried when I brought him to Panera bread and ordered him one of those bread bowl soup things. And while I'm at it:

Okra - blech!!
    Caramel - shivers!!
    Creamed spinach - just the look of it!!
    The smell, thought, taste of butter rum or butterscotch.
    French fries and mayo? Why? Why?
    Sour cream.
    Grated cheese on pasta with a tomato based sauce. / can't get over the color of the combo

Weird...
  • ForeverSunshine09
    ForeverSunshine09 Posts: 966 Member
    Options

I also hate wet bread. I don't mix a lot of things usually just mashed potatoes with stuff otherwise it can't touch. Bread pudding is vile! Old bread in some cinnamon water gravy stuff. Just gross! I think the weirdest thing I do is when I eat out I eat things in the order they would warm up. So if I have veggies they get eaten first because they warm horribly and then meat then bread.
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    fishshark wrote: »
    yayamom3 wrote: »
    LushFix wrote: »
    - Butter on the inside of a non grilled sandwich. Yuck.

I don't think I've ever known anyone to put butter on the inside of a sandwich, grilled or otherwise. Just put butter on like other do mayo or mustard? That doesn't sound good to me either.

My grandpa (who grew up during the Great Depression) ate butter and radish sandwiches. They're actually quite tasty.

take a french baguette some nice butter some radishes and salt. um heaven!

I was going to say, that sandwich sounds very French (except it'd need to be open-faced and better bread).

My paternal grandmother used to make a sardine sandwich with buttered bread.

On the maternal side, my grandparents, my mother and her siblings used to eat potato chip sandwiches with buttered bread or bread with mayo.
  • abelcat1
    abelcat1 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I love all foods.... and then there´s tofu and other soy-products. Can´t even ... no I won´t try. Never have tried it. Don´t even like it to be in my fridge, but my daughter er is a vegetarian. She loves and enjoy her tofu. Phew not for me.
    Once I went on a date with a very nice guy who had a lot of good things going for him. very nice, good looking and interesting. Only he told me on the first date, that he is a vegetarian and he served for guests a dish with fresh bananas in a mayonaise-dressing!!!!! I was so grossed out that I never saw him again. It was bad. Even writing this I´m gagging. Banana and mayo.... just NO.
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    For me, I don't do green bell peppers. Too acrid and I can't get the taste out of my mouth.

I'll eat red bell peppers if I have to, but I really dislike them and the way I can taste them no matter how thoroughly the flavors are melded.

I've found that I do like orange bells - a little fruity tasting.

Eel is nasty. I love sushi and sashimi, but you can just get the eel away from me. Yuck.

I also have questions about pork belly. So many people love it. I don't hate it, exactly, but it's just nothing special at all. I've had it made by some of the best chefs in the country, and it just doesn't improve.

ETA: How funny - I used to be the ultimate picky eater. Chicken nuggets and apple juice or bust. Not too much that I won't eat these days.
  • SquidVonBob
    SquidVonBob Posts: 290 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Celery in anything makes it inedible to me. Everyone says it has no taste but it does. I know. Also olives ruin everything they touch. Same with capers! Warm fruit. I love cold fruit, even room temperature fruit, but heat it up and it makes me feel sick.
    Eta: The taste of alcohol. Anything licorice or anise flavored.