Options

Replies

• clarelara24
    clarelara24 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    5'2
    105 pounds
    31 hips 25 waist
    Size 8 trousers/skirts in pretty much every UK shop, size 10 top.
    Just going into maintenance as I've just about reached my goal weight :-)
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    5'5"...166#. 10/12 pants and m/l shirt.
  • korndogz1
    korndogz1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    5'0
    85 lbs
    000/XXS
  • yourstorycpt
    yourstorycpt Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    5'4"
    small-medium in tops
    anywhere from a 2 to a 6 in pants
    4-6 in dresses
    It really does depend on the brand.
    Also, sizes seem a lot different than they were 25 years ago when I was a teen.
  • Chipmunk1675
    Chipmunk1675 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    5' 11.5" tall
    I haven't weighed myself in months, but I'm probably about 178-180?

The smallest I've been is a 5/6 and biggest a 10/12. My 10's are currently falling off, but I have a 33" inseam which is hard to find in smaller sizes so I make do. Plus, thigh gap is as mythical as a unicorn to me, so I like the extra room.

I have a 32FF chest so tops and dresses are a challenge. I can wear S and M tops if there are no buttons or sleeves since my torso is short. Otherwise it's L or XL in shirts and wrap dresses as often as I can get away with it.

I'm tall and have curves so nothing really fits as well as I'd like. And forget about online shopping! I ordered an XXXL top from Asia and it fit my 11 year old daughter like a glove. So sizes don't matter to me as much as fit. Even if it's a little baggy but covers my ankles, wrists, and cleavage I'm happy.
  • Syneea
    Syneea Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    5'8 and 155. Easily a six-eight on bottom and 10 on top. I too have an "athletic build" from cardio and weight training. Once my arms shrink a bit more, my shirt size will drop. I have a 27 3/4 inch waist so the tens are easily too big in the torso area but I don't like tight sleeves.
  • robininfl
    robininfl Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    5' 11.5" tall
    I haven't weighed myself in months, but I'm probably about 178-180?

The smallest I've been is a 5/6 and biggest a 10/12. My 10's are currently falling off, but I have a 33" inseam which is hard to find in smaller sizes so I make do. Plus, thigh gap is as mythical as a unicorn to me, so I like the extra room.

I have a 32FF chest so tops and dresses are a challenge. I can wear S and M tops if there are no buttons or sleeves since my torso is short. Otherwise it's L or XL in shirts and wrap dresses as often as I can get away with it.

I'm tall and have curves so nothing really fits as well as I'd like. And forget about online shopping! I ordered an XXXL top from Asia and it fit my 11 year old daughter like a glove. So sizes don't matter to me as much as fit. Even if it's a little baggy but covers my ankles, wrists, and cleavage I'm happy.

Chipmunk, off topic but:
    For long inseams, Gap is very good, especially if you don't need a very long rise. I am shorter than you but like a 33" inseam for work (heels) and their regular length pants often work, but often they offer the regular sizes with an XL inseam as well, that is 36" usually; also they make tall for "size 4" and up (generous size 4), sometimes I buy those and hem them, as I'm longer in torso and waist of pants doesn't land in the right place with regular length pants, but often the 4 is too big in the butt and legs for me (which again, might work for you if you have a better waist/hip ratio)
  • ginalove1960
    ginalove1960 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8", 148.2lbs.
    Large size women's shirts
    Mens jeans: 34 waist, 30 inseam
  • _angee
    _angee Posts: 24 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I'm 5'8 135 lbs
    Size 4-6 pants (depending on brand) with 33' inseam or S/M in pants
    Size 6-8 top, can be S/M depending on material
  • trinty425
    trinty425 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I had a friend who was very close to my weight, height, and build. However, there were many articles of clothing that would only fit me, and not her, and vise versa. Or fit one of us much better than the other. Not only does it depend on the country, the brand, the style, fit, etc. It also depends on how you hold what weight...your body composition.
  • pineygirl
    pineygirl Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1 and 106lbs.

I think I'm around a 0/2 or 25/26 in pants or jeans depending on brand. I have freakishly long legs for a short person. I have a 32" inseam. Leaving me with a very short torso....

Dresses I'm a 0 or 2.

For tops I'm a XS/S and wear a 32D bra.
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    At this point I'm 5'7" and 130 lbs. Almost all my size 8 clothes fit again; some are too loose but I have a few pairs of pants (BR and American Eagle) that are still a little too tight. (Size 6 pants/shorts in Old Navy but I think they tend to run big or at least inconsistent!) I wear a S or M in in tops, and 6 or 8 in dresses. Pants are a little frustrating because things that fit through the belly tend to be a little baggy in the legs. I think I basically have size 8 waist and hips, size 6 thighs and size 2 calves. ;) Hopefully strength training helps with that!
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    trinty425 wrote: »
    I had a friend who was very close to my weight, height, and build. However, there were many articles of clothing that would only fit me, and not her, and vise versa. Or fit one of us much better than the other. Not only does it depend on the country, the brand, the style, fit, etc. It also depends on how you hold what weight...your body composition.

That's so true!

I'm also fascinated that I have a friend who is my weight and even my bra size, and we both carry weight in our bellies, and we wear the same size clothes ... yet she is a full 6" shorter than me! (She'd be in an 8P and me in an 8 Tall.) It's almost like we have the same torso; I just have longer, skinnier arms and legs. We can share dresses, shorts, and short-sleeved tops though. ;)
  • jblon83
    jblon83 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    5'2 134.5 lose 92 lbs in a year. I'm busty still wear a small with tops and bottoms.
  • swim777
    swim777 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I've been 5'4 forever and today so excited (for once) to go for a physical because I've lost lots of weight this year... I get completely sidetracked when they said I'm 5'3 now. All I can think about is how much more I should lose. Crazy, I know! And they never looked at last year's weight...just asked the regular questions. I guess I looked healthy so they blew it off. Plus it was a new doctor replacing someone who had never seen me before.
  • mpfand
    mpfand Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    5'3 and 123 lbs. I've been maintaining at this weight without much difficulty for over 4 years now so it must be a good weight for me. I wear a size small on top and anything from a 2 to a 6 in bottoms.
  • MommyMeggo
    MommyMeggo Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    5'4"
    168lb

Pants - size 12's .......are loose everywhere but my waist really...dang this 8mo postpartum belly!! Not ready to squeeze myself into 10's yet.

Prefer L tops (boobs/shoulders)

I have been losing inches faster than pounds thanks to lifting.
  • Shalini0072016
    Shalini0072016 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3". I am H frame, I have broad shoulders. I was 91 KGS & XXL in Nov' 2015. Now I am 80 KGS. Now I fit into XL. I reduced by 3 inches as well. Yesterday I went shopping & found that. I was fitting into L as well. From H frame to hour glass is difficult. But, going to give it a try. Need to lose 20 KGS in 6 months. Hope, will reach the goal :)<3
  • Shana67
    Shana67 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    5'9", 194 and a very loose 14. Heading to size 12 soon :D
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    5' 9.5" or 176 cm tall

146 lbs or 66 kg

Aus/UK size 10 or 12

US size 6 to 8

bra size 12B / 14A (Aus) at last check