What nobody tells you about losing weight

Options

Replies

• BoogeyBrat
    BoogeyBrat Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I've come to the conclusion that I need constant reinforcement from people saying I look thinner or I get discouraged. I've lost 15lbs and not a word from anyone.

They likely notice and are just not saying anything. I've caught people at work looking me over and doing a double take, but they wouldn't mention that I looked like I'd lost. Some people are just jealous, and other people might feel it's too personal of a thing to comment on.

• AlphaCajun
    AlphaCajun Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    It hurts to sit on bleachers now. :D
  • RhozelynGray
    RhozelynGray Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    How much it sucks when the clothes you just bought have to go to the tailors.
  • getrealmommy30
    getrealmommy30 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    That I actually looked for and found a fanny pack to take to the gym with me. A diaper for my baby, a juice box, phone, keys and wallet. Works great, but I'm pretty embarrassed using it...
    Also, that I would ever use lettuce leaves instead of bread for a sandwich...

Don't worry about it! You can try wearing it backwards or to the side so its less "dad at disney land" lol. It's admirable that you are trying to be organized, and at least its not a murse!

• rachellosesitall85
    rachellosesitall85 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    That you'll go grocery shopping and it will dawn on you that sales people and men will go out of their way to help you with things yet 30lbs ago it was like you didn't exist. It's not that you didn't get the help/smiles before so much, it's more that you're subconciously aware that this time just feels different. An a ha, moment.
  • triddering
    triddering Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    How much it sucks when the clothes you just bought have to go to the tailors.

I know! I bought some shorts to go to Puerto Rico for Christmas and they are too big to wear to Costa Rica in February, so I had to urgently get them tailored along with a lot of other clothes!
  • triddering
    triddering Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    That you'll go grocery shopping and it will dawn on you that sales people and men will go out of their way to help you with things yet 30lbs ago it was like you didn't exist. It's not that you didn't get the help/smiles before so much, it's more that you're aware that this time just feels different. An a ha, moment.

I had an aha moment like that when I was at Kohls shopping for another winter coat because my winter coats were too big. I couldn't find one that I liked and I kept walking back to show a friend that was shopping in another section of the store, when a young man that seemed to be an employee is walking by at at least 20 feet away almost shouted out "that one looks good on you"! I replied "I don't like the price" and then I looked at my friend and said "that wouldn't have happened several months ago" ....
  • IILikeToMoveItMoveIt
    IILikeToMoveItMoveIt Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I can get super excited finding exercise bras that fit, work AND are inexpensive.
  • IILikeToMoveItMoveIt
    IILikeToMoveItMoveIt Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Also that you end up knowing how many cups and ounces all you home dishes and glasses can hold...
  • KristinaOConnor2015
    Options
    Also that you end up knowing how many cups and ounces all you home dishes and glasses can hold...
    Yeah, that's fun!! I bought a kitchen scale too. Now i have memorized how many grams or ounces are in a serving of most foods. I had to buy smaller plates. I had NO idea of appropriate serving sizes before. I also have discovered that I don't feel good if I don't eat my leafy greens everyday!!
  • kportwood85
    kportwood85 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I've come to the conclusion that I need constant reinforcement from people saying I look thinner or I get discouraged. I've lost 15lbs and not a word from anyone.

I'm feeling similar, I've lost 20+ pounds since Christmas, and...nothing. Nobody has said a word. So, I'm frustrated, but, I'll keep going until I find out just how many pounds I need to lose before somebody asks.

• G33K_G1RL
    G33K_G1RL Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    How weird it feels to wear pants that are loose in the thighs, when those pants aren't specifically tailored to be extra loose. Thought I would always be the one with thick thighs.
  • machjas
    machjas Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I just read this entire thread over the last few weeks. Thanks for keeping me motivated, everyone! I'm down 16lbs since Feb 8th when I started getting serious. I changed my sleep schedule so I can wake up, make a proper breakfast, then walk 2 miles every morning, then after work walk another 2 miles, then dinner. I feel like it's working out pretty well, and staying busy keeps me from snacking or binging.
  • YaGirlMaddi
    YaGirlMaddi Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    larryc0923 wrote: »
    How it has inspired others especially some family and friends.

This is so very true. I have so many friends now trying to get healthy with me and that boosted my confidence and motivation.
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    machjas wrote: »
    I just read this entire thread over the last few weeks. Thanks for keeping me motivated, everyone! I'm down 16lbs since Feb 8th when I started getting serious. I changed my sleep schedule so I can wake up, make a proper breakfast, then walk 2 miles every morning, then after work walk another 2 miles, then dinner. I feel like it's working out pretty well, and staying busy keeps me from snacking or binging.
    lol I've changed to where I make sure my food for lunch the next day is all ready. Pre-made food for breakfast or something easy to grab. This 'wake up early' thing...I no understand.
    I now also have a medium size (so far) rubbermaid container of food shape cutters, interesting toothpicks, rice shapers, silicone cupcake molds (for holding veggies) etc. to make my food entertaining (because how many times can I eat the same thing without getting visually bored).
  • becbo22
    becbo22 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    How depersonalizing your body change can be. Sometimes you feel like you're in the wrong body, like you snuck into someone else's. Last night I was casually grabbing my belly and there was much less to grab than before and it actually shocked me. Like my heart flipped over for a second. It was actually scary. Hopefully I'll get used to it. I've only lost ~15lbs total so far.

This happens to me all the time.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!