Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    Oberon21 wrote: »
    arditarose wrote: »
    sigh...When I found that I couldn't eat peanut butter in moderation, and had to get it out of my apartment ASAP, I not only threw it away-I drowned the jar in water first so I wouldn't be tempted...

I can't believe I shared that.

LOL!! That is awesome!! I am a huge fan of peanut butter also! So far, for the last ten days or so, I've been able to eat it in moderation -- actually measuring it -- but it is not easy.

Did anyone claim this????

How long ago was this posted? There's an hour time limit, I think. @quiksylver296 is that still right?
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    sigh...When I found that I couldn't eat peanut butter in moderation, and had to get it out of my apartment ASAP, I not only threw it away-I drowned the jar in water first so I wouldn't be tempted...

LOL!! That is awesome!! I am a huge fan of peanut butter also! So far, for the last ten days or so, I've been able to eat it in moderation -- actually measuring it -- but it is not easy.

How long ago was this posted? There's an hour time limit, I think. @quiksylver296 is that still right?

I don't remember anything about a time limit. You'd have to ask @MelissaPhippsFeagins. I'm not going back to look! LOL
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    I met a friend for lunch today. We each had a massive slice of cake and a coffee instead of real food. I have logged it.

PERFECT!!
    When the kids were little, we used to go to Applebee's occasionally just for dessert (sometimes instead of dinner). Parenting win!
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    Rachel0778 wrote: »
    @Oberon21 if you do just don't sit in the front row. Sweat, spit, and/or blood sometimes goes far!

@LadyAbsynthe Sorry to hear it's a rough food day, I hope you were still able to fuel your body with some healthy food so that you weren't starvingly hungry when you went to bed

@quiksylver296 You're a bada** for doing your one rep max's on your birthday! Is there a way to fit alfredo in for a makeup dinner?

I confess I felt guilty for being the new person at my new Muay Thai class last night because I was afraid I was slowing people down. I know everyone starts new and everyone in the class was so nice and so welcoming, but I still felt suuuuuper guilty. Hopefully the learning curve is quick!

Usually people like new people. I think I am going to join an 8 pm Zumba class at my gym tonight. I am sure I'll be a mess. I have 2 left feet. But I tried it once before and loved it. Just get in and do it! After a while you'll be a regular, then remember that when its time to help the next newbie along!
  • rungirl1973
    Options
    Call me crazy, but I don't think it is gross for anybody to not wash their clothes after every wearing -- panties excepted, of course. And workout clothes -- probably not necessary for 3, 4 or 5 days depending on the user's mood, energy, stinkiness, etc. With all of our responsibilities and time constraints -- and working out several times a week, who has time to be adding more laundry to wash, fold, put away, and then pack up the gym bag again all the time?

It is just my opinion that our society is generally a little obsessed with hyper-cleanliness and life and people didn't used to be that way. Can you imagine the time before automation if people had to hand wash their clothes after every wearing?

Also, I don't take a shower every single day. If I go the gym on Wednesday night, take a shower, then go to bed and go to work on Thursday and sit at my desk all day, go home and do nothing but cook and watch TV till I go to sleep Thursday night, I am NOT dirty or stinky and I don't take a shower. My boyfriend doesn't get it, but I just don't think like him -- that we get dirty and need a shower just because we've been awake for 16 hours.

I also NEVER EVER EVER use hand sanitizer. I think it's a sham and humans are eroding the body's ability to fight infection on its own by obsessing on anti-bacterial everything. At the most, I get one cold a year. I've never had the flu.

Totally true. If I'm doing yoga or walking I don't need a full shower. Wrestling on the mats with sweaty training partners means I'm in the shower washing my hair 3+ times though!

My hair is currently colored red. Red fades way too fast. I go through a lot of dry shampoo, but sometimes my sweaty head has to air dry a couple of times before I wash it. :open_mouth:
  • Oberon21
    Options
    All right, everyone. Pull out some Friday confessions. Bring this thread back to its roots! :D

Confession: I confess, part of me did my 1RM lifts on Wednesday just to prove that I'm NOT old.

Dang. I am trying. I need a new confession. I have told you guys most of everything.

Let me think....
  • Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    @Oberon21 if you do just don't sit in the front row. Sweat, spit, and/or blood sometimes goes far!

@LadyAbsynthe Sorry to hear it's a rough food day, I hope you were still able to fuel your body with some healthy food so that you weren't starvingly hungry when you went to bed

@quiksylver296 You're a bada** for doing your one rep max's on your birthday! Is there a way to fit alfredo in for a makeup dinner?

I confess I felt guilty for being the new person at my new Muay Thai class last night because I was afraid I was slowing people down. I know everyone starts new and everyone in the class was so nice and so welcoming, but I still felt suuuuuper guilty. Hopefully the learning curve is quick!

How'd you like it? I did judo for years. I miss it, but there aren't enough hours in the day to do everything and I'm totally in love with weightlifting.

Judo is such a cool class! I loved it and bought a membership to all their mixed martial arts classes so they're stuck with me now :)

Agreed! I'm third degree brown belt. I've never done my kata to make black belt.

I know it's a ton of work and you love lifting, but it would be so cool to say you accomplished that level!
  • Rachel0778
    Options
    I met a friend for lunch today. We each had a massive slice of cake and a coffee instead of real food. I have logged it.

PERFECT!!
    When the kids were little, we used to go to Applebee's occasionally just for dessert (sometimes instead of dinner). Parenting win!

Total parenting win!
  • rungirl1973
    Options
    I confess I was disappointed in my birthday dinner. I chose to go low-cal, and I should have gone alfredo!

When I was carrying my birthday leftovers to the car (we went to this AMAZING hibachi restaurant where they cook the food in front of you) I tripped and fell over a curb and I almost cried. Not because I hurt myself, which I did, but because I smashed my leftover box and it spilled all over the ground. :cry:

ETA: Sorry your dinner was disappointing. I'm usually disappointed with Olive Garden. :/

Yeah. The boy picked it. I usually only want to go there for lunch. I do like their Zuppa Toscana soup, with salad and breadsticks.

I like their salad. I actually like Olive Garden, I just don't like the wait and I rarely ever eat pasta. BUT... They did have AMAZING PUMPKIN CHEESECAKE last year.

My daughter loves Olive Garden. I can take it or leave it. I usually only go when she's here.
    She also likes IHOP.
  • MoHousdon
    Options

I'm claiming this, then.

G-41

I cannot drown an unempty jar of pb. I just can't! Although, I don't have issues with moderation either.
  • Rachel0778
    Options

Usually people like new people. I think I am going to join an 8 pm Zumba class at my gym tonight. I am sure I'll be a mess. I have 2 left feet. But I tried it once before and loved it. Just get in and do it! After a while you'll be a regular, then remember that when its time to help the next newbie along!

I hope you have a great time at zumba tonight! And I always love new people in my other classes, thanks for putting things in perspective :)
  • rungirl1973
    Options

How'd you like it? I did judo for years. I miss it, but there aren't enough hours in the day to do everything and I'm totally in love with weightlifting.

Judo is such a cool class! I loved it and bought a membership to all their mixed martial arts classes so they're stuck with me now :)

I have often thought about doing this... one of these days...

When my kids were little, we went to a karate class for a year or so. We all 3 were in the class. I mostly remember a TON of warmup and stretching at the beginning. That was my absolute favorite part, and I miss it. The sparring and all of that stuff, I didn't really care for that. I guess maybe I should just start going to yoga, huh?
  • rungirl1973
    Options
    I ate M&M's the other night instead of a protein bar. Also, I ate a PB&J with Cheetos and a glass of milk Sunday for dinner because I'm a child. I didn't log the sandwich or chips either. :open_mouth:

I was tempted to eat 2 Quest Bars last night in order to meet my protein goal even though it would have put me well over my calories.

I log food and then am too tired or full to eat it but don't take it out of my diary.

How's that for confessions Friday?!

Peanut Butter and Jelly and Cheetos? And milk? That just sounds so gross.

I think you misspelled delicious.

Hahaha! PB&J, cheetos and milk. Sounds like something I might have had for lunch in elementary school. Good job, Mo!!
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    I ate M&M's the other night instead of a protein bar. Also, I ate a PB&J with Cheetos and a glass of milk Sunday for dinner because I'm a child. I didn't log the sandwich or chips either. :open_mouth:

I was tempted to eat 2 Quest Bars last night in order to meet my protein goal even though it would have put me well over my calories.

I log food and then am too tired or full to eat it but don't take it out of my diary.

Hahaha! PB&J, cheetos and milk. Sounds like something I might have had for lunch in elementary school. Good job, Mo!!

Oh, and I had Oreos for dessert! :smirk:
  • rungirl1973
    Options

I guess I did too much dancing at night clubs when I was younger. Zumba doesn't seem like exercise to me, it seems like something I would do at a bar, with a drink in my hand. I've never really enjoyed it as a workout.

But, I think I am going to see how the class times for the yoga studio by my house will fit my schedule...
  • Oberon21
    Options

I guess I did too much dancing at night clubs when I was younger. Zumba doesn't seem like exercise to me, it seems like something I would do at a bar, with a drink in my hand. I've never really enjoyed it as a workout.

But, I think I am going to see how the class times for the yoga studio by my house will fit my schedule...

I could use some fun. :) That is what I want. Something fun.
  • Oberon21
    Options

Oh, and I had Oreos for dessert! :smirk:

Now you put vegan oreos back into my mind. *smacks Mo!*
  • SoulOfRusalka
    SoulOfRusalka Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    I should be studying but I just want to sleep. I'm reading Marina Tsvetaeva's poetry because she's Russian so that basically counts as homework, right? (The answer is yes. Rock music in Russian? Also homework. French deathcore? homework. Slavic fairy tales? also homework. Studying languages is great.)
    Also I've gotten really lazy about exercise and I haven't done anything in about a week. ._.
  • Oberon21
    Options

I don't remember anything about a time limit. You'd have to ask @MelissaPhippsFeagins. I'm not going back to look! LOL

I don't think there was a time limit either. I want you to win, Mo, but I am fair....
  • Oberon21
    Options

nope, totally no delicious in that sentence.