Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    I wear the clear inside and the tinted outside. These are great (cheap!!) for cycling too, impact resistant.
    41h7axsFq5L._SX342_.jpg
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    peleroja wrote: »
    That sewing machine! I want!

Mine is just a basic little Brother but it is pale pink - I can't claim responsibility for that though as it was my mother's before she decided she needed a fancier one.

I'm glad you all understand my feelings about frying food in the house. Soooo stinky. We don't have an exhaust fan over our stove either (or anywhere in the kitchen), so everything I cook lingers unless I open the windows. Not too practical in our minus 40 degree winters either as it's a recipe for a burst water pipe.

The smell of Saturday morning bacon haunts me all weekend, too, it's terrible.

I will not cook bacon in my house. My brother will occasionally & I hate it. I make sure my bedroom door is closed so the smell doesn't get into my closet & cling to my clothes. If he cooked it in the summer it wouldn't be so bad, since windows could be opened, but he always seems to want bacon on the -40 mornings :angry:

I end up cooking bacon at least once a week as my husband loves it and can afford the calories, but it always drives me crazy as I don't even like it that much. I'd probably never make it for myself and I never eat it when I cook it for him as it doesn't tempt me much. Can't wait to buy a house and have a proper range hood.
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    I've never been a fan of pickles. I can't imagine them fried. :s

They are delicious!!!!

I don't think I can find some I can eat - they'd have to be gluten-free, dairy-free, egg-free... so it would be a lot of home experimenting and I think MANY failures before it was edible.

• riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    bkhamill wrote: »
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    crosbylee wrote: »
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    I am in such a bad mood today. My daughter had a complete meltdown last night & of course, I didn't handle it well. She didn't want to go to bed, wouldn't let me brush her teeth, was hitting and kicking me when I was trying to change her into her pjs so I told her she could sleep in her diaper and slammed the door to her room. She screamed!!! I waited until she calmed down and went in her room, hugged her, told her I loved her and was sorry I lost my temper. Then I told her she should say she was sorry to me too. She did and we finished her bedtime routine then but I feel just awful. I get teary just thinking about it. I was almost late for work today and people have been in and out of the office all day. It's hard to act nice when I just want to cry...or sleep. I'll take either right now.

On the plus side, since I visited the fitbit thread and added so many new friends yesterday (thanks for all the adds!) I am motivated to get moving more today and am about to set out on my 2nd mini walk of the work day.

Every parent loses their cool. It happens.

Yay! for going on the mini-walk. I've noticed that since I have Fitbit friends now, I make it a point to get up waaaay more often than I was. The first day, I think I got less than 2,000 steps the entire day. I'm still not walking 10,000 steps every day, but I'm moving my tush way more than before.

I love all my new Fibit friends!!

I love all the new challenges. I need to make a point to check the lists and make sure I don't join more than one from our group so everybody gets in on it!

I have gotten emails inviting me to join the challenge and when I click to view...I don't see any type of info. So, I don't know if I'm part of any or not...hate to be taking up space in a challenge that I have no info on...

That's really odd @kelly_c_77 . I noticed we have never been on the same challenge but I thought it just had worked out that way. I am going to send you a request for a single day showdown just to see what happens

I just got it..clicked it and all it said was join the challenge...with nothing else. So have I joined? What is the actual challenge?

I'm in the same boat, I have no idea how to see a challenge in the fitbit app. No idea on progress or who else is in it, or anything. Where do you look for it? Do you have to have the premium package?

Sorry you probably told me but what is your name on Fitbit. I will see if you are in my challenge group @bkhamill
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    My odd 3 song streak during my workout this morning:

What Was I Thinking by Dierks Bentley
    What's My Age Again by blink-182
    You've Got Another Thing Coming by Judas Priest

Oh and they just updated the Music app on my iPhone so I'm not sure I'm ever going to figure out how to work the shuffle

RIGHT?!? I was just fighting with that stupid thing on my run at lunch. I ended up listening to two songs over and over.
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    I am in such a bad mood today. My daughter had a complete meltdown last night & of course, I didn't handle it well. She didn't want to go to bed, wouldn't let me brush her teeth, was hitting and kicking me when I was trying to change her into her pjs so I told her she could sleep in her diaper and slammed the door to her room. She screamed!!! I waited until she calmed down and went in her room, hugged her, told her I loved her and was sorry I lost my temper. Then I told her she should say she was sorry to me too. She did and we finished her bedtime routine then but I feel just awful. I get teary just thinking about it. I was almost late for work today and people have been in and out of the office all day. It's hard to act nice when I just want to cry...or sleep. I'll take either right now.

On the plus side, since I visited the fitbit thread and added so many new friends yesterday (thanks for all the adds!) I am motivated to get moving more today and am about to set out on my 2nd mini walk of the work day.

Yay! for going on the mini-walk. I've noticed that since I have Fitbit friends now, I make it a point to get up waaaay more often than I was. The first day, I think I got less than 2,000 steps the entire day. I'm still not walking 10,000 steps every day, but I'm moving my tush way more than before.

I love all the new challenges. I need to make a point to check the lists and make sure I don't join more than one from our group so everybody gets in on it!

I have gotten emails inviting me to join the challenge and when I click to view...I don't see any type of info. So, I don't know if I'm part of any or not...hate to be taking up space in a challenge that I have no info on...

That's really odd @kelly_c_77 . I noticed we have never been on the same challenge but I thought it just had worked out that way. I am going to send you a request for a single day showdown just to see what happens

I just got it..clicked it and all it said was join the challenge...with nothing else. So have I joined? What is the actual challenge?

I'm in the same boat, I have no idea how to see a challenge in the fitbit app. No idea on progress or who else is in it, or anything. Where do you look for it? Do you have to have the premium package?

Sorry you probably told me but what is your name on Fitbit. I will see if you are in my challenge group @bkhamill

Brenda H
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    StacyJ8888 wrote: »
    On Sunday I had myself a little tortilla chip and spinach and artichoke dip binge(no scales, no measuring, just me on the couch going to town with a bag of chips on my lap and a container of dip in my hands old school) and woke up to a 8 pounds woosh on Monday morning and feel like it was undeserved. I had a week long stall and slight bump upon the scale right before the woosh, I should be happy that I broke the stall, but I can't enjoy it...waiting for the scale to race back up..

Confession: Totally jealous!!! I want to eat chips and spinach dip and lose weight!!! :'(
  • bkhamill
    Options

Brenda H

I am not sure we are friends on there, what is your name on fitbit?
  • quiksylver296
    edited July 2015
    Options

Accept the challenge through the fitbit app instead of through your e-mail...
  • berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    Today is the day the earth was farthest from the sun on it's annual orbit. The word is aphelion.

I tried to write a haiku about it for my boyfriend and it turned into a mini science lesson. So I tried again, same thing. Here they are, two geeky haiku for you.

Lackadaisical
    Terra's annual zenith
    Apogee reached

Kepler's second law
    Max potential energy
    Sun so far away

Bed for me. Hugs and cheers and heartfelt encouragement to those who need it. <3

<3 the science Haiku.
  • berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Hi guys, checking in. I went camping over the weekend and it was pretty nice. It was my kid's first time camping in the actual outdoor woods. I know people do it, but I was very worried about camping with any babies, so this year was the first year I felt comfortable. They loved it, and I'm so glad because I plan on taking them out a lot this summer.

The thread is messed up for me and I lost my spot. If I missed anything someone said to me, I'm sorry. I haven't heard back from the police about my sister yet. I guess they don't care as much if someone pretends to be you as a witness instead of a criminal.

Thirdly - I saw someone mention Goodreads. If anyone wants to add me, you can! I love sharing books with friends.

https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/8630108-amber

I added you. :)

My name is Tammy, and my Siamese kitty Max is my profile pic there.

https://goodreads.com/user/show/5477691-tammy

Trying to fix so I can link...

Ok, I created a profile and added you both!

https://www.goodreads.com/review/list/44563667

Hope this works to link to me

Nice! I think Goodreads gives much better book recommendations than Amazon. Amazon is always recommending books that I bought from them. I already read that!

I never heard of goodreads, I am going to check it out after I finish catching up. But if we share book recommendations it won't do much to link to me... I mostly read historical romances these days as my poor brain can't handle anything else. :)

I hope you do check it out. When you sign up, they show you books and you rate them. They ask you what genres you like and offer more that you can rate. After you've rated a lot or put interesting ones on your to read list, they are pretty on point with knowing what you like. It's all you. You can of course share recommendations with others, and there is even a forum where you can help strangers with their requests for recommendations; but your main page is for you and what you like. I love it.
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options

Brenda H

I can see you under the work week hustle challenge

ETA my name is Jody S on Fitbit
  • bkhamill
    Options

Brenda H

I can see you under the work week hustle challenge

ETA my name is Jody S on Fitbit

OK, so where do you see the challenges at?
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options

Oh and they just updated the Music app on my iPhone so I'm not sure I'm ever going to figure out how to work the shuffle

I like all of those songs......
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options

If you are on a smartphone you can just click on the challenges - you are in a work week hustle with me.

On the computer - apparently you can't see them -you need the app. That's weird.

But you are in 4th out of 8 of us as of right now.
  • FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    A NSV victory today. I wore a pair of jeans to work today that I haven't fit into for 7 years!!! They are still a little snug in the tummy region but 5 months ago I couldn't get them past my thighs!!

Yay awesome. :)
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    Talking of 'girly' things, I'm right there with you. I really need a new sewing machine and I want this one with the fire of a thousand suns. It's stupid expensive, and doesn't have all the features I need, but it's sooooo pretty....
    bymq5qabx0d6.jpg

I still need to learn how to run the one I own!!! My mother sewed a lot and I never learned from her before she passed. That is something truly missed out on.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    So, bad news: woke up feeling bleurgh today. Currently sitting in Krispy Kreme with a doughnut and a latte.

Good news: I bought three, have eaten one, don't want the other two

Sucks to be me: on my way to work :(

Bummer. Krispy Kreme are a waste of delicious points. I think we've had this discussion before. ;)

Yes, we have!

• Glinda1971
    Options

If you want to shuffle everything in your phone there is a playlist for all your purchased stuff. When you open it - you'll see a couple album covers at the top and the shuffle is right under that. It's weird now.
  • Glinda1971
    Options
    Apparently I like the word weird today. ;)