• MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    3/1: 2 miles
    3/2: 3.5 Miles
    3/3 walk 1.5 miles
    3/4 walk 1.5 miles
    3/5 6 Miles

Side note, 6 miles is a new distance PR for me, did it in 56:27, and set a new 5k PR on the in there somewhere at 28:28.

March total: 11.5 Miles/ 53 Miles
  • 9voice9
    9voice9 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Might post actual miles later, but wanted to report. Had my second run post-surgery. Decided to just do my home-route 5K, and felt more-or-less back to normal. Not a great run, but not feeling like things were shaking apart on the inside, and got through it without hating life, so, hey! Might go for another tomorrow, even if it's supposed to be a "rest day" - I think I've had enough resting for the rest of the month.

OTOH - might need to go do another run this afternoon, 'cause it's Atlanta Opera tonight with SWMBO, and she's decided on Cheesecake Factory for din-din. That's not good since I only have 512 calories from this run, and that's not even an appetizer there.... :smiley:
  • kristinegift
    kristinegift Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    @9voice9 Eh, just make today a "cheat" day ;) I love Cheesecake Factory, but when I can't even budget a whole meal there after a 15-20 mile run (because after a run that long, leftovers are miniscule)... I'll just keep drooling over the menu, thanks!
  • 4leighbee
    4leighbee Posts: 1,275 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Yay ... longest run since my injury last April! Added 7 - B)

exercise.png
  • MLS1582
    MLS1582 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    March Goal = 55 miles
    Today = 2.5 miles
    Total = 12.5 miles

I hit a new fastest mile time today! My 2nd mile was 10:14!! Someday I want to see a sub-10 mile. My husband laughed at me today, too. Last fall, he casually mentioned something about me running a sub-10 mile, and I cried and told him he was mocking me and my slowness, because there was NO WAY I would EVER be that fast. Now it's starting to look like it could actually happen!!
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    Quick check in to post today's miles. Hope to catch up with the last 57 posts today!

3/1 - 5 miles
    3/2 - 5 miles
    3/3 - 5 miles
    3/4 - Rest
    3/5 - 12 miles

27/150 Miles

exercise.png

Upcoming races:
    4/9 - Rock the Parkway half marathon (Kansas City, MO)
    4/16 - Garmin Wickedly Fast half marathon (Olathe, KS)
    4/23 - Race for Hope half marathon (North Kansas City, MO)
    5/1 - Buffalo Bell Stampede half marathon (Leavenworth, KS)
    5/14 - Running with the Cows half marathon (Bucyrus, KS)
    6/2 - Hospital Hill 5k 7pm PRE-RUN (Kansas City, MO)
    6/3 - Hospital Hill half marathon 7am RE-RUN (Kansas City, MO)
    10/15 - Kansas City Marathon 26.2 (Kansas City, MO)
    11/5 - Jenks half marathon (Jenks, OK)
    11/6 - Kansas half marathon (Lawrence, KS)
    11/12 - Longview half marathon (Kansas City, MO)
    11/13 - Gobbler Grind half marathon (Overland Park, KS)
    11/19 - White River half marathon (Cotter, AR)
    11/20 - Pilgrim Pacer half marathon (Lenexa, KS)
  • AdrianChr92
    AdrianChr92 Posts: 567 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    To be honest it's not mfp that makes this corner good. It's probably that we all all runners. All running communities I know are great communities.

Question for folks that own GPS watches. I'm looking to buy one and I was looking at Garmin forerunner 230. I could buy the 235 but the optical heart rate still seems finicky and not accurate enough and I don't need to know my heart rate at any point of the day. Is it a good choice? It comes with a Garmin chest strap
  • kristinegift
    kristinegift Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    @Maria1582 Congrats on the new mile PR! You'll be hitting a 9:59 soon, I bet!

@AdrianChr92 FR230 is a good watch. I have a FR220 that I've had for about 1.5 years now and I still love it as much as when I first got it. A running buddy just got the FR230 for Christmas and she really likes it. She doesn't use the HRM much, but she's always bragging about how much faster she can catch satellites than I can. I think pretty much any Garmin watch is going to be pretty solid, and the FR230 doesn't have the newer tech that can be a little hit-and-miss, so that seems like a good bet.
  • 9voice9
    9voice9 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Question for folks that own GPS watches. I'm looking to buy one and I was looking at Garmin forerunner 230. I could buy the 235 but the optical heart rate still seems finicky and not accurate enough and I don't need to know my heart rate at any point of the day. Is it a good choice? It comes with a Garmin chest strap
    I got the vivoactive as gift, and thought I wouldn't like or use the chest strap HRM. But after a time or two, I don't even notice it, and I can begin to appreciate the data. The vivo does what I need (GPS, steps, notifications) and the Garmin Connect site extrapolates lots of good data, so it's been a good tool for me.
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    @AdrianChr92 - I strongly considered the 235 when I bought my 630 a couple weeks back. No matter how you slice it there are enough known limits to the accuracy of the optical HR in the 235. It is "good enough", but I figured it was silly to pay more for less. So that made me look hard at the 230 and, well...630 it was!
  • JohnONE29
    JohnONE29 Posts: 101 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    3.1.16 - 7.2 m. : Rolling Hills preset program.
    3.2.16 - 0 : Lazy.
    3.3.16 - 11 m. : 89:30.
    3.4.16 - 6.6 m. : 59:45.

I also joined Strava group. I'm not smart about social media and iphone apps and dont always run with my Garmin. But if I figure it out, Ill participate. Always welcome connections. Especially those who motivate and inspire.
  • AdrianChr92
    AdrianChr92 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    @WhatMeRunning Well I consider the 630 as well but is outside my price range. I figured If I wanted to do triathlons at some point in the future I can always sell it and buy a new one. I agree that the optical HR is "good enough" but it has a lot of short comings. For example it would be useless in the winter if I want to see my watch cause I won't be able to wear it over clothes. I looked at some strava runs with it and the HR sometimes get's offset mid run, no change in pace or elevation by as much as 20 bpm. I imagine any move of the watch will offset it. Seems more like a hassle for me. I want consistency
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    To be honest it's not mfp that makes this corner good. It's probably that we all all runners. All running communities I know are great communities.

@AdrianChr92 I have the 230 and love it. I don't use a HRM, and for $80, the 235 didn't seem worth it. The 230 works great
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    My body played the bullshlt card on today's run. I didn't check the weather and just assumed it would be in the 60's. It's 72 and feels like 120. Cut it short on a half mile loop, literally said eF-it and turned around. Headed back to the A/C and some grub.

1---3.57 walk
    2---7.06
    3---3.55
    4---7.47 walk
    5---5.75

27.40 miles/150

Upcoming races:
    03/19/16 Rock N Roll 5K Dallas
    03/20/16 Rock N Roll Half Dallas
    04/24/16 OKC Memorial undecided distance
    10/16/16 THAT dam half, Lewisville TX
    11/05/16 Jenks Half Jenks OK
    Run the year 2016  237.48 / 2016
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options
    March 4th: 4.2 km (walking on treadmill)
    March 5th: 6.3 km (32 minutes running, 21 minutes walking on treadmill)
    Total for March: 22.24 km
    To reach goal: 77.76 km
  • Virkati
    Virkati Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Did you put your sunscreen on today? If not, go do it. I live in Denver (you know, a mile closer to the sun!), and I regularly forget to put it on. My goal for this year is to remember it more than I forget it. I have a bottle in my car, at my desk at work, and at home. It's 12:30 in the afternoon here and I just remembered to put it on. Thankfully, I'm only now getting ready to head out for a run.
  • MobyCarp
    MobyCarp Posts: 2,927 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    @AdrianChr92 - I now have a one day old Garmin 630, and I really like it. But the thing is, the most important difference between the 630 and the 230 is that I can display 4 data fields on a screen instead of just 3. If 3 data fields meet your need, then IMO there's no need to pay more for the 630.

The optical heart rate thing looks like a gimmick to me. Yeah, get your heart rate without having to wear a chest strap. Except on days like today, and like most of November, December, and March plus all of January and February should be, where I have 2 or 3 layers of sleeves between the watch and my skin. No way I'm getting a heart rate without a chest strap unless it's warm enough to run in short sleeves, or at least have a bare patch at my wrist for the watch. And I can affirm that running 17 miles outside today, when I couldn't wear the watch directly against my skin, was a lot nicer than running 14 miles on the indoor track the last time the weather was just too dicey for a workout that was more natural for the roads.
  • rcsmom2002
    rcsmom2002 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Ran 3.5 miles on the treadmill at the YMCA today. Me, my husband, and my 13yo son all ran a treadmill 5k today for the Firefighters 5K virtual run. My husband is a firefighter so he really wanted that medal! Good motivation. :)

3/1: 3.25 miles (beautiful day!)
    3/2: 2 miles (indoor track)
    3/5: 3.5 miles (treadmill)

exercise.png

Upcoming races:
    4/16/16: ODU Big Blue 5K (Norfolk, VA)
    8/6/16: Coast Guard 5K (Portsmouth, VA)
  • ariceroni
    ariceroni Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    3/01: 3 miles, easy (am)
    3/01: 6 miles, 2x1 mile at LTP (7:30) then 800m @ 5K pace
    3/02: 6 miles, easy
    3/03: 5 miles, 5x800m at 6:45 pace with 400m recovery between
    3/04: 5 miles, easy
    3/05: 6 miles, easy (kind of hungover lol)
    Total: 31.11 miles

Overview:
    Today’s run was an easy 6 miles by the lake! My training plan called for 6 miles with 3 of at HM pace. But silly me was out until 4:30am last night and I was feeling quite hung over today haha. I’m proud of myself for getting the miles in regardless, even though they were all at an easy pace. And next time I go out with friends, I'm going to make sure I get home at a reasonable time...

exercise.png

Upcoming races:
    3/12 - Leprechaun Leap (5K)
    3/20 - Excalibur 10 Miler
    3/26 - Chicago Quarter Marathon
    4/03 - Shamrock Shuffle (8K)
    4/09 - Chi Town Half Marathon
    5/28 - Soldier Field Run (10 miles)[/quote]
  • pacificnorthwitch
    pacificnorthwitch Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Another 3 miles down today. Had to run inside since it snowed again and I don't have snow gear, and my time suffered :c but I'm still a beginner and I know that some days are just gonna suck lol.

9/25 miles for March