ZUMBA FITNESS CHALLENGE

Options

Replies

• erzille
    erzille Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Zumba live...and flat abs...sweating tonight!....didn't see the scale move this week...but I had losts of >gulp< bad food..but no moving up either...gotta be a good thing!...brothers wedding 4th of july weekend...would like to lose at least another 2 pounds! have fun everyone!
  • nyredrose
    nyredrose Posts: 6
    Options
    Just completed another class tonight. It was hard and I am so happy I did it. Hope eveyone is having a good time completing Zumba.
  • ReggaeNurse
    ReggaeNurse Posts: 140
    Options
    Ok, so being away last week really screwed up my Zumba sessions, but I managed to get 2 days done. This week I'm going for at least 4 days of Zumba! Can't wait to get back into the groove of things!
  • kiannaclemmons
    Options
    hi all
    I Love zumba they just started offering at my gym one night a week

6/20/ 1.5 hours of zumba !
  • Sammybunny711
    Sammybunny711 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I have heard SO much about zumba...are the at-home DVD's good?
  • Angela_MA
    Angela_MA Posts: 260
    Options
    I am in, I just saw this thread today! I am always up for Zumba!!!
    June 19th I did cardio part live
    June 20th Abs and the 20 minute workout
  • Angela_MA
    Angela_MA Posts: 260
    Options
    I have heard SO much about zumba...are the at-home DVD's good?

I like them. I do not do the toning DVD ( do 30 day shred along with Zumba). I burn a ton of calories. I used m HR last week and found out I burn way more calories the nwhati had been averaging out. I burned in 50 minutes 572 calories. The best part is that I was having fun!
  • HMToomey
    HMToomey Posts: 276
    Options
    Could I ask you all what heart rate monitors you are using? I think I'd like to get one, the last one I had was a timex rush and it did nothing, or if it did I could not figure it out!
  • miatavixxen
    miatavixxen Posts: 373
    Options
    Could I ask you all what heart rate monitors you are using? I think I'd like to get one, the last one I had was a timex rush and it did nothing, or if it did I could not figure it out!

Mine (which I've heard nothing but good things about) is the Polar FT4 - the chest straps always take a little getting used to and watching your calorie burn is a bit addictive. :D
  • jessiefreshh
    jessiefreshh Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I wanna start doing Zumba, but I have a hard time following along to dvds. How easy are they to follow?
  • EmmaR31
    EmmaR31 Posts: 184
    Options
    I wanna start doing Zumba, but I have a hard time following along to dvds. How easy are they to follow?

I have only just started, but they found the 20 min express to be much easier to follow when you're actually doing the steps in a beat then when they are teaching them in the basic.

I'm going to try the flat abs one on thursday!
  • jessiefreshh
    jessiefreshh Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Yeah I just found out my gym has the classes, 3 times a week that fits my schedule, but I really don't want to embarrass myself! I heard you can burn a good amount of calories in the class too. I think to get myself started, I'm gonna start doing it at home with just the 20 min basics, and then maybe in a month or two start the classes, lol.
  • 69mustang
    69mustang Posts: 185
    Options

Mine (which I've heard nothing but good things about) is the Polar FT4 - the chest straps always take a little getting used to and watching your calorie burn is a bit addictive. :D

I've heard good things about the polar FT4 also.
    I have the Timex Ironman and really like it. It has a lot of features and I can wear it in the pool if i want to do water aerobics. If you do get a heart rate monitor get one that has a chest strap not just the watch type, I have found the chest strap to be more accurate.
  • miatavixxen
    miatavixxen Posts: 373
    Options
    Yeah I just found out my gym has the classes, 3 times a week that fits my schedule, but I really don't want to embarrass myself! I heard you can burn a good amount of calories in the class too. I think to get myself started, I'm gonna start doing it at home with just the 20 min basics, and then maybe in a month or two start the classes, lol.

The classes are way more motivating than doing it at home - plus it's all about making sure you have fun. If your instructor is good, she will tell you just to have fun, and you'll pick it up eventually. We have people in our classes who are still trying to figure out the steps but they always finish the class smiling because they enjoy it regardless. I say try a live class and see how you feel - you might be surprised! :D
  • HMToomey
    HMToomey Posts: 276
    Options
    60 mins of zumba done! Today was also "mow the lawn" day and I had to watch my goddaughters for awhile so we went for a "walk" which always turns in to them running around the neighborhood and me jogging after them! :)
  • blacrasberri
    blacrasberri Posts: 102
    Options
    Just thought I would share...Since today was my day off for Zumba, I decided to try Wii's Gold's Gym Dance Workout. Boy O Boy,did I work up a sweat on the Expert level. My personal trainer was so much better than Beto (on Zumba) & his corny air guitar :laugh: :laugh: . If your really looking for a workout try Gold's Gym Dance Workout :bigsmile: as an alternative to Zumba.
  • laursed
    laursed Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I just bought Zumba for my Wii ~ I start tomorrow morning!!!!
  • fleureiffel
    Options
    completed 50min cardio party this afternoon!! :bigsmile:
  • blacrasberri
    blacrasberri Posts: 102
    Options
    I just bought Zumba for my Wii ~ I start tomorrow morning!!!!

GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BE SURE TO HAVE PLENTY OF COLD WATER WITH U :bigsmile: