Diet Coke vs Water??-- 0 cals vs 0 cals

Options

Replies

• Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    kingkam21 wrote: »
    It's the same but it's not the same on your intestines. I don't eat fast food but it's like me saying that if I eat a burger from mc Donald's of 500+ calories than its the same as if I was to eat my wild caught fish burrito of 500+ calories. Calories are the same bit ingredients are definitely not. Remember, you are what you eat. Always enjoy your meals spiritualy and physically

I need a citation on spirituality...
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    The truth can be painful but it will set you free...
  • CaitlinW19
    CaitlinW19 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    calories wise yes. Of course there is junk that's bad for you in diet soda (I still drink it) and I've heard it actually correlates to weigh problems, supposedly because it makes our bodies crave sweets or something. Whether you buy that or not, it isn't exactly good for you but neither are a lot of things.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    CaitlinW19 wrote: »
    calories wise yes. Of course there is junk that's bad for you in diet soda (I still drink it) and I've heard it actually correlates to weigh problems, supposedly because it makes our bodies crave sweets or something. Whether you buy that or not, it isn't exactly good for you but neither are a lot of things.

So you didn't read the thread?
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »

This shouldn't continue to surprise me, but it does. Who comes to a thread with over 400 posts and drops something like this in? Do they really think it hasn't already been said?
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options

So you didn't read the thread either?

wait another hour

• Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options

zax2nzovzqep.jpg
  • kristennoel20
    kristennoel20 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    To answer your question, yes. However, your body still reacts to artificial sweeteners in a similar way that it would if you were to eat sugar causing your insulin to spike therefore your body ends up holding onto fat. You want to find that sweet spot in your blood sugar and maintain it as much as possible. Adding diet beverages to the mix doesn't necessarily aid in weight-loss.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »

wait another hour

This thread is like the "Groundhog Day" version of newbies not reading the thread before posting.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »

wait another hour

This thread is like the "Groundhog Day" version of newbies not reading the thread before posting.

This is the thread that never ends
    Yes it goes on and on my friends
    Some people started posting here not reading posts before
    And they'll continue posting here forever just because
    This is the thread that never ends...
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    However, your body still reacts to artificial sweeteners in a similar way that it would if you were to eat sugar causing your insulin to spike therefore your body ends up holding onto fat.

(1) Aspartame does not cause a spike in insulin. https://examine.com/faq/do-artificial-sweeteners-spike-insulin/

(2) A spike in insulin does not matter anyway, and certainly will not cause you to gain fat in a deficit. People often misunderstand this. What insulin does is transport things to where they should go -- amino acids from protein to muscles, for example, or sugar to replenish the glycogen supply or, if you are full up, which you likely won't be if eating at a deficit, to fat. Even the latter doesn't cause a net fat gain at a deficit, as it will be offset by fat that gets used for fuel. So it makes no difference.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »

wait another hour

Like the post right above you, wait was that an hour already?
  • GrooveMerchant
    GrooveMerchant Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    In my opinion, diet coke just isn't very good without rum.
  • J72FIT
    Options
    In my opinion, diet coke just isn't very good without rum.

See now we're talking...
  • J72FIT
    Options
    To answer your question, yes. However, your body still reacts to artificial sweeteners in a similar way that it would if you were to eat sugar causing your insulin to spike therefore your body ends up holding onto fat. You want to find that sweet spot in your blood sugar and maintain it as much as possible. Adding diet beverages to the mix doesn't necessarily aid in weight-loss.

Stop this nonsense...
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options

More woo and fearmongering. Will it never end?
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Nothing better than checking out a thread with a nice, cold Diet Coke™.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    CooCooPuff wrote: »
    Nothing better than checking out a thread with a nice, cold Diet Coke™.

Yep, and you can check it out every day it seems!

I'm reading this while enjoying a Cherry Limeade Sparkling Ice. Despite the fact that the sucralose is slowly killing me in more ways than I can count I guess, it is quite refreshing.
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,950 Member
    Options
    sanfromny wrote: »
    Has anyone seen those videos where they por Reg. Coke on a car battery and it eats away the corrosion? -that's a little pass fear mongering....WIll Diet coke do they same thing, just eat our insides out.

I doubt it's any worse the HCl acid, one of the strongest acids. I typically have plenty of HCl in my stomach, so I'm not too worried about Coke.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,052 Member
    Options
    PHENYLKETONURICS: CONTAINS PHENYLALANINE

Ingredients
    Carbonated Water, Caramel Color, Aspartame, Phosphoric Acid, Potassium Benzoate (To Protect Taste), Natural Flavors, Citric Acid, Caffeine.

I'll pass on all that and just take my water, thanks. lol

Oh my gosh.

Phenylketonuria is a rare disorder and those people cannot consume the AMINO ACID phenylalanine in any context. Phenylalanine is an amino acid found in proteins...

Yes. Just because a product has a warning for people with phenylketonuria that it contains phenylaline does not mean it has any issues for the rest of us.
    Nobody has phenylketonuria without knowing it. You either have it if you dont, it is a genetic disorder and people with it must follow a very strict diet from infancy and must avoid many many foods.

Just like a product ( not diet soda) might say 'contains peanuts' - useful information for those who have anaphylactic allergy to peanuts.
    Irelevant for rest of us.