10,000 steps a day all week! ready.....GO! who's with me?

Options
Ready for this week!!! Want to lose 20 pounds by end of June.. Baby steps people baby steps... I want to get 10,000 steps or more all week! Who's with me?

Replies

• CountryLady47
    CountryLady47 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'm in :) Let's check in every night.
  • beth1079
    beth1079 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm in :)
  • sjpolansky
    sjpolansky Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    So I could walk 10,000 steps a day a lose a lot of weight with that alone?
  • ElizabethOakes2
    ElizabethOakes2 Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    sjpolansky wrote: »

Only if your walking puts you in calorie deficit. Walking is for overall fitness. :) (But I find I lose more easily if I'm walking.)

I'm averaging around 8000, and I really should push another 2000. Count me in! Let's do this!
  • bbilliethecat
    bbilliethecat Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    my feet !!!
  • mommy2ajs
    mommy2ajs Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • jah1360
    jah1360 Posts: 98 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I'm ready to go
  • CountryLady47
    CountryLady47 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I haven't even been hitting 5k steps a day so this will be a challenge for me but I need / want to get walking a lot more so I am up for it :) Happy Monday all!
  • ldw123086
    ldw123086 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    My fitbit broke this am won't keep a charge!!! It went black on me! Not going to let that stop me I was over 5,000 when it stopped had a great workout this morning! Good luck everyone!
  • majigurl
    majigurl Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    sjpolansky wrote: »

10K steps, for most, is thought to help maintain. For many to drop any weight you have to go to 15k to 20 K . You have to figure out your deficit though. Just walking, if you still have don't have a calorie deficit ci<co, wont do anything for you.

I was walking about 20K to 30K last summer and that REALLY helped create a deficit lol

We should all aim for 10K steps to maintain a healthy lifestyle.. or so many "researches" say. I don't know much about walking and health seeing as I'm not an expert and haven't done any intensive studies etc in this.

BUT..

Moving of any kind when you don't move is always an improvement.. If you only walk around the block, you still outdid the person just sitting on the couch :P

With that said.

YES 10K OR MORE !! we can do it ! go go go !!

• majigurl
    Options
    ldw123086 wrote: »
    My fitbit broke this am won't keep a charge!!! It went black on me! Not going to let that stop me I was over 5,000 when it stopped had a great workout this morning! Good luck everyone!

I forgot my fitbit at home today. boo.. I know aprox how much walking a day is 10K now though lol

• ldw123086
    Options
    majigurl wrote: »

I forgot my fitbit at home today. boo.. I know aprox how much walking a day is 10K now though lol

Me too... Its hard to get when I have a desk job!!! :wink: :)
  • majigurl
    Options

Me too... Its hard to get when I have a desk job!!! :wink: :)

Yep.. it is! I have a desk that also ... I use my 15 mins breaks and my lunch. I make sure I walk around every hour.

I do extra silly things at home to ensure I get more steps in. Park far away from grocery store entrance, walking as I fold my laundry etc etc.

Our jobs are just that.. jobs..but our health is worth more. THAT was hard for me to learn. We start thinking how important our jobs are when it is US that is important :wink:

we gotz this!! go go go!

• wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options

Do you have a smart phone? You could download an app but you have to remember to carry your phone everywhere, lol. That's why I gave in and bought a fitbit. But in a pinch the phone could work
  • wizzybeth
    Options
    I'm in!
  • majigurl
    Options
    wizzybeth wrote: »

Do you have a smart phone? You could download an app but you have to remember to carry your phone everywhere, lol. That's why I gave in and bought a fitbit. But in a pinch the phone could work

OH BEGISISH..

Someone has the smarts this time change Monday morning..

Getting on that now.

• ldw123086
    Options
    I'll do that too!!! Thank you!!
    wizzybeth wrote: »

OH BEGISISH..

Someone has the smarts this time change Monday morning..

Getting on that now.

• wizzybeth
    Options
    I do extra silly things at home to ensure I get more steps in. Park far away from grocery store entrance, walking as I fold my laundry etc etc.

we gotz this!! go go go!

Yes I do that too - I also take the stairs a couple extra times - like when I go down to the basement to put laundry in the dryer, I go up and down the stairs a couple times before coming back up.
  • Naptownbabi
    Naptownbabi Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I'm in!!!
  • Lasp88
    Lasp88 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm in!