Black Team Challenge Week 3

Options

Replies

• punka274
    punka274 Posts: 895
    Options
    It works really well making it in a blender, too. I have a mini-prep processor (and a HUGE one) but I use the mini one for my hummus. Less clean up.:happy:

Well DUH*smacks herself in the head* I didn't even think about using a blender. I use to have a mini processor but I sold it in a yard sell because i didn't know what to make in it:laugh: i was a newlywed so my cooking was basicly hotdogs and spaghetti:laugh:
  • Nonibug
    Nonibug Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    This sounds like a do-able challenge for me:happy: Ive been measuring everything I eat anyway, so this is easy:blushing: Plus, I eat tons of fruits and veggies (mostly veggies) everyday due to drs orders:wink: , so another easy one for me! And I promise to add ab work into my strength training at least 3 days this week:grumble: Lets do it!:drinker:
    ~Roni
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    OH, this is a good one for me. I eyeball almost everything. Will be looking for a scale this week..

Abs 3x a week - very doable - my abs say thank you for a day off inbetween.:laugh: :laugh:

Fruits and veggies 3X a day no sweat.

Thanks for the new challenge. We are seriously going to kick butt this week.

Have a great day all. janiebeth
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    Well if the measuring requires a weigh measurement I can't do that, I don't have a scale. And the town that I work in (I live 10 miles out in the country), doesn't have a store that sells such a thing (there's only 1000 people here, not very many stores in town). But for the cup measurements I can do that, I's gots cups.

But I can log everything before I eat it, except breakfast, cause I log that after I get to work and have faster internet. I do eat the tons of fruits and veggies so that won't be a problem.

Are we suppose to keep up with the abs too?
  • lenece
    lenece Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    May I join the black team??? I would love to if its ok...Thanks
    :heart: Dana:heart:
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    May I join the black team??? I would love to if its ok...Thanks
    :heart: Dana:heart:

pm bohlon15, you can find her on the black team weigh in thread if she's not on this one
  • rklein71
    rklein71 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Great challenge for the black team. Measuring food and eat fruits and vegetables. Good luck on weighins black team.
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    This will be good-- I measure just about everything, but somethings I've grown accustomed to eyeballing, peanut butter being one, unsalted peanuts the other-- time to get back to basics.

Actually, my personal challenge for this week is to cut out the peanuts. It's too easy to grab a handful when I'm tired and looking for something to keep me awake as I type at night-- I know I'm having too many calories.

Good news/bad news-- bad news is pre-TOM hormonal stuff prevented weight loss this week-- bloating has been present. Good news, I didn't gain. This time next week, if all goes well, I SHOULD be in good shape.

Have a great day everyone.
  • nickybr38
    nickybr38 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    This challenge is easy for me since that's what I started doing last week anyway. :bigsmile:
  • Marla64
    Options
    This challenge is easy for me since that's what I started doing last week anyway. :bigsmile:

Then that's cheating-- TRESA, NICKY'S CHEATING !!!!
  • nickybr38
    nickybr38 Posts: 674 Member
    Options

How can it be cheating!? I didn't know what the challenge would be! :laugh: :laugh:
  • tresa1234
    tresa1234 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Well if the measuring requires a weigh measurement I can't do that, I don't have a scale. And the town that I work in (I live 10 miles out in the country), doesn't have a store that sells such a thing (there's only 1000 people here, not very many stores in town). But for the cup measurements I can do that, I's gots cups.

But I can log everything before I eat it, except breakfast, cause I log that after I get to work and have faster internet. I do eat the tons of fruits and veggies so that won't be a problem.

Are we suppose to keep up with the abs too?

I don't have a food scale either, Anna ... measuring is fine! I bought a cheapo food scale at WalMart and ended up pitching it in the trash because it wouldn't weigh anything the same twice. :grumble: As long as I'm having success with my measuring cups & spoons, I'm not going to sweat getting a food scale.
  • tresa1234
    Options

How can it be cheating!? I didn't know what the challenge would be! :laugh: :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Marla64
    Options
    Good doobie today at lunch-- measured my pb&j-- great challenge, Tresa-- and I'm vowing to stay away from the peanuts!!
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

I don't have a food scale either, Anna ... measuring is fine! I bought a cheapo food scale at WalMart and ended up pitching it in the trash because it wouldn't weigh anything the same twice. :grumble: As long as I'm having success with my measuring cups & spoons, I'm not going to sweat getting a food scale.
    [/quote]

Thank goodness. I don't have a food scale either but am managing fine with my measuring cups and spoons.
  • Marla64
    Options
    okay-- must have had success in the calorie counting tonight-- and avoiding my peanuts-- I'm hungry tonight-- sheesh!

But, I'm going to work through it. I didn't have enough water today, so I'm going to head there and fill 'er up.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I found mine at marshalls or ross...for under 10 bucks! It is a digital that weighs oz and gms and I love it!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options

tresa, did you PM nicky last week about the challenge...shame on you (whispers...why didnt you tell ME too!?!)) :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Marla64
    Options
    Woo hoooooooo-- another pound, Jeannie-- way to go!!!!!!
  • tresa1234
    Options

tresa, did you PM nicky last week about the challenge...shame on you (whispers...why didnt you tell ME too!?!)) :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Nah, I thought we all had enough to do with crunching our bellies! Nicky must have a spy!! .... Spyguy did you tell her? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Ok, I'm off to the elliptical and some ab work & push-ups. I hope it doesn't keep me awake tonight ... just got back from church (where we ate dinner ... that ended up being a very LIGHT dinner because I still have 350 calories to eat and I've already logged my usual bednight snack!

Later taters....

00020086.gif