What No One Tells You About Going Paleo (Hint: It's Sad)

Options

Replies

• MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    HAHAHAHAHA

We call ourselves it Modified Paleo
  • missyfitz1
    missyfitz1 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    This is one of the best things I've ever read! Hilarious, but I also have to thank you for allowing me to experience a Paleo diet in five minutes of reading rather than in weeks of horror. I was right there with you every step of the way. I will stick to a sensible CICO deficit!
  • LC107
    LC107 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Lol!! You're awesome OP! This was awesome!
  • SportyCanuckChick19
    SportyCanuckChick19 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    A very funny rendition of Paleo lifestyle. It is not an easy way to eat. I have eaten Paleo for three years now. In fact the first 6 months was much like what you describe. I would not imagine choosing to eat this way if I didn't have to. I have an autoimmune condition and I am allergic to anti-inflammatories. My airway closes at the slightest dose of advil. So instead of regular shots of steroids in my spinal facets, and my SI joints, and talks of remicade treatments.. I chose to research paleo eating. This is a mistake to call it a diet. Anyone looking for an easy way to lose weight without work.. well this isn't it. Essentially your making everything from scratch. Nothing processed, as natural as can be. I have become an excellent cook now, but its very expensive and time consuming... still cheaper than remicade. I am pain med free 95 percent of the time, and I have lost 65 pounds, I can out run my teens, and took up cycling, xc mtb, did two tough mudders, two other obstacle races, and backpack 30 miles every fall solo. I have cheat days. I pay the price with pain, and tears, but paleo eating has put my autoimmune condition in control. My rheumy is amazed. I think people look at paleo for the wrong reason. It's not a diet, its a lifestyle, that is unable to be kept to if there is no underlying reason to. Where there's a will theres a way. Thanks for the laugh :P
  • cjean920
    cjean920 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    So funny!! Loved the laughs, but seriously, I've been Paleo for almost a year: practically zero refined carbs, sugars & everything else. It's cured by diabetes, drastically reduced my arthritis & I've lost 140 lbs. You can giggle all you want at my affair with the produce section & you can keep you muffins & cookies! I'd rather eat cabbage than cookies if it means walking without a cane, not sticking my fingers 3xday & having clothes fit a whole lot better!! It's not a diet for everyone but I'm not giving it up!!

Holy crap congrats on your weight loss!!! I LOVE paleo too cause I feel amazing on it! So many aches and pains gone as well brain fog. What an inspiration you to stick with it and have such an amazing result!
  • Obnoxa
    Obnoxa Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    'Being paleo has killed my will to live, so I'm to sad to snack' Bwahahaha!
    This was such a funny read! Thanks for the laugh :)
  • Mogicor
    Mogicor Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I love this. I'm a little late to the party, but thank you!
  • SarahJP20
    SarahJP20 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    This made me laugh so much! Thanks.
  • danacondah
    danacondah Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hahaha this just put a huge smile on my face! Thanks for the laugh!
  • HomeatWDW
    HomeatWDW Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    This had me spitting my smoothie on the laptop screen. I wouldn't even attempt paleo, although I do have a cookbook of decent paleo crockpot recipes that are not nearly as soul sucking as the cookies. I got it because they were appealing in general, not because I have any paleo aspirations.
  • spicy618
    spicy618 Posts: 2,117 Member
    Options
    This was too funny to read at the office. I love your sense of humor OP.
  • fireball326
    fireball326 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    A very funny rendition of Paleo lifestyle. It is not an easy way to eat. I have eaten Paleo for three years now. In fact the first 6 months was much like what you describe. I would not imagine choosing to eat this way if I didn't have to. I have an autoimmune condition and I am allergic to anti-inflammatories. My airway closes at the slightest dose of advil. So instead of regular shots of steroids in my spinal facets, and my SI joints, and talks of remicade treatments.. I chose to research paleo eating. This is a mistake to call it a diet. Anyone looking for an easy way to lose weight without work.. well this isn't it. Essentially your making everything from scratch. Nothing processed, as natural as can be. I have become an excellent cook now, but its very expensive and time consuming... still cheaper than remicade. I am pain med free 95 percent of the time, and I have lost 65 pounds, I can out run my teens, and took up cycling, xc mtb, did two tough mudders, two other obstacle races, and backpack 30 miles every fall solo. I have cheat days. I pay the price with pain, and tears, but paleo eating has put my autoimmune condition in control. My rheumy is amazed. I think people look at paleo for the wrong reason. It's not a diet, its a lifestyle, that is unable to be kept to if there is no underlying reason to. Where there's a will theres a way. Thanks for the laugh :P
    I'm 90/10 Paleo but this was helpful and so true. Paleo is a love/hate lifestyle. Hard, but worth it.
  • myempire
    myempire Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Awesome post OP.
  • KorvapuustiPossu
    KorvapuustiPossu Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    haha :D ... OP you are seriously awesome!
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,898 Member
    Options
    You admit to not researching it and would probably agree that you had some misunderstandings. I came to paleo via an intetest in paleo ethnology and its worked great for me for the last 8 years. Im 90% which means i have 10% of my diet on whatever. Not gonna make a case for it coz it obviously didnt work for you. Each to our own.

Do the animals you eat, eat Paleo as well? Learn about the difference between modern cattle and wild antelope here: https://youtu.be/fYnihrPvtqk?t=542
  • sparklyglitterbomb
    sparklyglitterbomb Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    That made my afternoon.
  • Reinventing_Me
    Reinventing_Me Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    Hilarious and absolutely brilliant!
  • Tatumhop
    Tatumhop Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Beautiful. Exactly how I felt about Paleo.
  • fitdaisygrrl
    fitdaisygrrl Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Love this! Had to hold back actual lols at work.
  • junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    Options
    NSFW