What's Your Most Recent NSV

Options

Replies

• KareninLux
    KareninLux Posts: 1,413 Member
    Options
    HeidiThe9 wrote: »
    My 3 year old pulled out my Yoga mat and started to work out. She was attempting some poses, and then spread out a towel so I could do it with her. She was so cute, directing me into different poses. And let me tell you, her downward facing dog with one foot on the couch is a killer!

But it made my heart swell knowing that I am setting a good example. I hope I can break the family fat chain in her, and that she never knows what it is like to be the fat kid.

Wonderful!!!!!!!!
  • ntnunk
    ntnunk Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Went out last night to (finally) get a new suit. I ended up with a slim-fit! I don't think I've ever been a slim-fit in anything.
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I successfully avoided derailing my day with stress eating. I still indulged a little, but made it fit into my day.

Also, I bought 2 pairs of size 10 work pants online. They were having a 50% off sale and I couldn't resist. I am currently a 12, but even if the pants don't fit now, I know for a fact they will fit (and be needed) in a couple months!
  • KareninLux
    Options
    My NSV is that I can have a crazy eating and/or drinking day and not sweat it! Like this very day, lol.

I know I can get up and get back at my losing routine the very next day and mitigate any perceived damage.

Love the MFP lifestyle!
  • iecreamheadaches
    iecreamheadaches Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Collarbones are becoming more prominent :D

My hip fat/lovehandles/muffin top/saddlebag, whatever you wanna call it area is slowly but surely shrinking. If only I could get my inner thighs to follow suit.
  • rachellosesitall85
    rachellosesitall85 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Last summer I started to walk around my neighborhood. It took me about 15 min to get around. Today I decided to skip the gym and get some fresh air and not only did it take me way less time to get around; I ran in 80% of the way.

Also, getting snacks or meals and being fine with not eating everything.
  • CherieB_Akiko
    CherieB_Akiko Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    LilDsMom2 wrote: »
    I can now fit my 16 pants after wearing size 20 for most of the winter. I have pants ranging in size from 10 to 22 in my closet (I know :s ) . I also now have the guts to donate the larger sizes to my favorite charity.

Huge victory!! Congrats! Working my way down from an 18 to a 16 now. Hoping to eventually get back into a 12. Keep it up!
  • BaconBae
    BaconBae Posts: 4,568 Member
    Options
    My freshly washed jeans from 10 years ago finally fit in the morning 2 days ago. As the day progressed, I realized the waist was actually too big for me. And it was a size 4!!
  • Panda_brat
    Panda_brat Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Been stressing over my class. But have been able to maintain my weight. No way in hell I am putting back all the weight I lost. I might still have a few pounds I would love to take off at some point, but I am happy at where I am at nor for the time being.
  • orange_hoodie
    orange_hoodie Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    The year started out with an injury that really limited my mobility, and now I'm caring for a family member who's had surgery. This is a less than ideal situation for meeting any fitness goals. And I'm not: I have made zero progress in weight or training... I'm probably a few steps back on the fitness front.

All that said, I keep telling myself that this is an opportunity to learn what maintenance feels like. And while the fitness front is not so great, I'm shocked at how little I need to meal plan to feel good about about what I'm eating. Without a doubt, I could be doing better. But nutrition has become enough of a habit that I don't have to think about it. Score!
  • KareninLux
    Options
    The year started out with an injury that really limited my mobility, and now I'm caring for a family member who's had surgery. This is a less than ideal situation for meeting any fitness goals. And I'm not: I have made zero progress in weight or training... I'm probably a few steps back on the fitness front.

All that said, I keep telling myself that this is an opportunity to learn what maintenance feels like. And while the fitness front is not so great, I'm shocked at how little I need to meal plan to feel good about about what I'm eating. Without a doubt, I could be doing better. But nutrition has become enough of a habit that I don't have to think about it. Score!

Great idea to explore maintenance through a difficult period! You can do this!
  • rubyweapon8503
    rubyweapon8503 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I've only lost about 20 lbs and an inch off of my waist so far, but I've noticed that I've lost my double chin and my wedding band is looser. :D
  • CipherZero
    CipherZero Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    Pulled a 295lb deadlift... on a misloaded bar... one side was 10lbs heavier than the other. Oops/
  • motivatedsister
    motivatedsister Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    It's still been chilly enough for a light sweatshirt when I go to the gym in the evening or early AM, and I saw a class regular who hadn't been around for awhile in my normal Saturday class last week and once I pulled off my sweatshirt she commented that "omg you've gotten so much smaller!" I was super excited, after nearly 30 lbs lost that is the first time someone has noticed and commented.

Lol I was starting to think it was going to take 50lbs lost before anyone ever noticed!
  • samjoy
    samjoy Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    It looks like maybe all the late results are in, and I appear to have finished the first World Rowing Indoor Sprints at #3 (which is in the medals!) in my new age/weight group (Lightweight Women 60-69 - just turned 60 in November and it totally blows me away that I'm now a lightweight). I'm right behind rowers from Denmark (#1) and Australia (#2).

I grant you, this age/weight group wasn't terribly competitive in this first year - I'm usually somewhere in the 50-percentile to 75-percentile kind of range in race pieces among those who log them online - but I'll take it! ;-) I've been rowing for around 12 years, but as a heavyweight (a.k.a. openweight) rower. Heavyweight is a bit more competitive - taller, stronger people, and more of them. Rowers tend to be tall; I'm only 5'5".

Woohoo - you go Ann! You continue to inspire me that I too can do it!
  • orange_hoodie
    orange_hoodie Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    KareninLux wrote: »

Great idea to explore maintenance through a difficult period! You can do this!

Thank you! I appreciate the encouragement :)
  • phrozenangel
    phrozenangel Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    My latest NSV: I am currently wearing a pair of jeans I haven't been able to wear for a couple of years.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!