"TLFC" exercise and accountability support!

Options

Replies

• OyGeeBiv
    OyGeeBiv Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Yay, I think I'm back in the swing of things. This morning I went out for a nice long walk in a park I'd never been to. I'm so happy I found this place, lots of walking trails of all sorts - flat, hilly, paved, unpaved, around a lake, through the woods...

Cardio: 1.68 miles walking through the woods
    Strength: Using it all to resist ordering/eating a pizza
    Assessment: Life is good!
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    Wasn't sure if I was going to be able to do a serious workout after the deads yesterday. Trying to bring up my lagging chest so had to bring it into my already intense back/triceps workout

Cardio: 5 minute bike warmup

Strength
    Back:
    Strict wide grip pull ups 4x8
    Unilateral machine pulldowns 1x14 2x10 1x8(TUT pause reps)
    Wide grip cable rows 3x10
    Bentover V-bar rows 2x12 2x10
    Chest:
    Flat Dbell press 2x12 2x8
    Incline bbell press 4x10
    Triceps:
    Seated behind the head Dbell extentions 4x 14,12,10,8
    Dbell skull crushers 3x10(TUT)
    Straight bar cable extentions 4x14,12,10,8

Assessment
    Hopefully I can eat enough tonight
  • robertw486
    robertw486 Posts: 2,388 Member
    Options
    Friday cardio: 17+ on the bike, windy and made me work hard!

Saturday cardio: 4+ on the elliptical doing intervals, then a quick break and the last mile in 7:10 with output at 19 calories a minute 5 miles + on the machine.

Saturday strength: Started cool down, and killed multiple sets of push ups, dips, incline push ups, some curls, and then steep incline push ups until exhaustion.

Assessment: Got to where I eat what I eat and watch tracking for macros. Almost 6 weeks since my last weigh in and I'm all of .6 of a pound from where I was. Food freedom is a good thing.
  • luluinca
    luluinca Posts: 2,899 Member
    Options
    @robertw486, food freedom sounds wonderful! Congratulation!
  • luluinca
    Options
    Yesssssss, I made it back to the gym this morning and it felt great. Still working lower weights and not doing certain lifts because of my shoulder but at least I'm working on stuff......LOL

Cardio: 10 min run after weights.

Strength etc: 20 min calisthenics warmup including good mornings, goblet squats, planks, physio ball pikes and bridges, renegade rows, decline situps/scissors/leg lifts, back extension and stairmaster. 15 min shoulder rehab. 50 min strength training including leg press <single leg warmup 12@130 lbs and 10@180 lbs, dbl leg 12@310 lbs, 10@400 lbs, 8@450 lbs and 6@470 lbs>, front squats 1X5@45 lbs, 2X5 @65 lbs and 1X5@75 lbs>, bent over rows 3X8@65 lbs, shrugs 3X8@95 lbs, 3X10 hip thrusts w/55 lb bar, 3X8 bench single arm row w/30 lbs and 3X10 inner thigh w/100 lbs.

Assessment: If I can keep my exercise up this week I'll gradually begin adding a few calories back in. I've lost weight the last couple of weeks and I'm hoping the loss sticks so I'm not going to go crazy eating calories back. Making a spinach (home grown) quiche tonight and turkey patties.
  • AigreDoux
    AigreDoux Posts: 594 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Hello again, thank you for the welcome! I have trouble getting to the computer on weekends, so I'll do a few days at once.

Saturday:
    Cardio: C25k w4d3, runs@4.5mph/1.5 incline, felt good.
    Strength: rest day
    Assessment: squid pasta sauce with butternut squash noodles. Wasn't as tasty as I was hoping.

Sunday:
    Strength: Strong Phase 1, Stage 3, Workout B, #5
    Alternating side plank, 2x10
    Back squat with pause, 3x8@40 lbs. Limited by the fact I don't have a squat rack yet and that's about my limit of how much I can lift over my head. Concentrating on form and long pauses in the meantime.
    Dumbbell single arm dead stop row, 3x8@30 lbs. Feeling like I could increase this a little but would have trouble with 35 lbs.
    Single leg Romanian dead lift from box, 3x8@50 lbs
    Suspended push up, 3x8. Actually did the first two sets of these on 18" bench, which for me is much tougher than the TRX ones.
    Cardio: HIIT 6.2mphx1 min x4 with 3.0mph walking breaks in between, 1.5 incline
    Assessment: short 15 min fitnessblender stretching video before bed. Dinner was pork tenderloin, brussels sprouts, sauerkraut, and salad.

Today:
    Strength: rest day
    Cardio: C25k w4d1. Yes, I went backwards. Decided to repeat w4. Runs@4.8-5.0 today/1.5 incline, felt much better than last week
    Assessment: Salmon or cod for dinner tonight

Hope everyone had a good weekend, and happy Monday! (Snowy Monday for those of us in New England!)
  • robertw486
    robertw486 Posts: 2,388 Member
    Options
    Hey FC gang!

Checking in the actual day of the workout for a change!

Cardio: 30 minutes, 3.92 equivalent miles, and 546 estimated gross calorie burn. New PR for 30 mintues

Strength: Doubtful Quite a few fork to mouth curls coming up soon!

Assessment: Chicken marinara and pasta tonight. Lean and yum!
  • luluinca
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Happy Monday!

Cardio: 3.5 mile run walk with the dog..............about 2 miles of it running!

Strength: Not today!

Assessment: I finally recorded that 3 lb loss from the last month, it seems to be sticking! Cod and fried brown rice with spinach and leeks tonight. Dr. appt tomorrow but therapy assessment today was a little less encouraging than I hoped it would be. We'll see what doc has to say tomorrow!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,522 Member
    Options
    Hey gang,

I like myself unconditionally!

Happy Monday! 4 clients this morning then 4 tonight. 2 new clients this morning. Did some good rehab today.

Cardio: stairmaster- 30 minutes (250 calories)

Strength: back- high pulldowns, one arm rows, seated cable rows, straight arm pushdowns. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Had a pretty good weekend. Except for the Warriors loss.
  • OyGeeBiv
    Options
    Yesterday -

Cardio: 40 minutes on recumbent bike. 8.4 miles.

Strength: lots of machines at the gym. Raised the weight on several of them, and did 3 sets instead of 2.

Assessment: shoulders are a tiny bit sore this morning, but in a good way. Eating is on track. Slept 7 hours without waking up last night!!!
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang

Happy Tuesday! 4 clients this morning then 2 tonight. Been rainy the last couple of days, so hopefully it let's up long enough for me to bike.

Cardio: bike riding- 30 (150 calories)

Strength: chest- incline bench, dumbell flat bench, machine flyes, dips. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Spaghetti last night.
  • ltworide
    ltworide Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Welcome Jesse!

Yesterday: went to a yoga & Krav Maga class.

Today:
    Strength:
    Barbell reverse lunge to stepup with hip flexion 4x6/side@80 lbs.
    1 leg box jumps 3/side
    SB Dumbbell Chest press 4 x8@80 lbs
    Bosu plyo push-ups 4x6
    Barbell sit-ups 3x10@45 lbs
    Hollow body hold 3x15 sec
    Hard style plank 3x15 sec

Will be having a PT session tonight, will definitely be doing some med ball throws & probably ladder/cone/Bosu drills.

Assessment: shrimp for dinner last night then got into the ice cream...
  • luluinca
    Options
    Happy Hump Day everyone!

No exercise for me today except for PT as we're taking my car in early this morning but I wanted to share with you what my doc said yesterday.............8 more weeks of therapy........LOL!

I guess shoulders are harder to heal than some other body parts I've injured, but it is improving, so I'll count my blessings. The part that still hurts like a son of a gun is supposedly the last part to heal.

Luckily I have great insurance, and they approved it, and no co-pay so I'm going in for more!
  • AigreDoux
    AigreDoux Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    Happy Wednesday!

Yesterday:
    Strength: Strong, Phase 1, Stage 3, Workout A, #6
    Valislide push aways 2x12
    Single arm RDL 3x8@50 lbs
    DB bench press 1x8@15 lbs (mistake, had the weight wrong, was really impressed with myself until I realized it), 1x8@20 lbs, 1x8@25 lbs (woohoo, finally got a full set at 25)
    Rear foot elevated split squats 3x8@20 lbs
    Lat pulldown 3x8 purple band (~50 lbs)
    Cardio
    Treadmill intervals 1min@6.2 mph/1.5 incline x 3 over 10 minutes
    Assessment: DH out for work dinner, so the kids and I had frozen pizza. Stayed in my calorie goal but didn't hit 100 g of protein like I want to. Only one more workout in Phase 1 of Strong. I started on Jan 4, and still following the program, excited to start Phase 2 after our vacation next week. And buying myself a power rack as a reward.

Today:
    Strength: none
    Cardio: C25k w4d2 (second time), walk@3mph/1.5 incline, run@5 and 4.5 mph/1.5 incline. 2.25 miles, fitbit says 275 calories.
    Assessment: Salmon tonight, rest day tomorrow
  • ltworide
    ltworide Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Happy Hump Day!

Strength:
    1 arm dumbbell snatch split 4x2/side@40 lbs
    Barbell hip thrust 4x10@205 lbs
    Skipping 4x1 min
    1 leg squat to bench (left side only) 3x15
    Cable lateral step with hip rotation 3x10/side@27.5 lbs
    1 arm kettlebell alternating swing 3x20@40 lbs.

Cardio: Krav Maga class tonight.

Assessment: butterfly pork chops for dinner last night & um more "ice milk product" heavenly hash yum.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang

Happy Humpday! 4 clients this morning and 4 tonight. Just yard duty today.

Cardio: bike riding- 30 minutes (150 calories)

Strength: shoulder- military presses, side laterals, bent over rear laterals, front laterals. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Pork chops last night.
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    Another day at it

Strength Shoulders

Seated O/H Press 4x 12,10,6,5
    Arnold press 2x10
    Bent over rear delt raises 3x14,12,10
    Side lateral raises 4x14,12,10,10+8
    Parallel bar dips(for extra chest volume)
    4x20,16,(weighted 10,8)

Assessment
    Definitely noticing increases in my bench from increasing my OH press and extra chest volume. Wings tonight!
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang

Happy Thursday!!! 4 clients this morning and 3 tonight. Looking forward to biking today.

Cardio: biking riding- 30 minutes (150 calories)

Strength: arms- barbell curl, preacher curl, close grip bench, lying tricep extensions. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Baked chicken last night.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy LCW and TGIF! 4 clients this morning then off the rest of the day. My mother isn't doing well as of now. She turns 90 next month and was supposed to go on a 14 day cruise this Sunday, but had a health issue and had to cancel it. My cousin who's a nurse has stated that she may be in the early stages of dementia and that she shouldn't be left alone because she currently isn't admitted anywhere and lives at home with my dad. So my brothers and sister are getting together later today at their house to figure out how we're going to help with this situation.

Cardio: biking 30 minutes (150 calories)

Strength: core

Assessment: Ribs last night.
  • OyGeeBiv
    Options
    @ninerbuff I'm sorry to hear about your mom's decline in health.