Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    raymax4 wrote: »
    Oberon 21,
    I love your pictures of your trip, all of them except the one of your leg. It looks sore, I hate it when that happens.
    I've never been zip lining but have often wished that there was a zip line at the tops of the mountains that I have climbed. It looks fun.
    I imagine that it will be hard for you to come home after being in paradise. safe travels

Here are the final pics that wouldn't load. And yes, today has not been fun...

w0crsowhv3wv.jpg

b4q9tu2iexdm.jpg
    zmcp7jynl7yd.jpg
  • Oberon21
    Options
  • Oberon21
    Options
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    I almost cursed out a hard boiled egg while peeling it today. :grumble:

I imagine the egg was not very appealing.

I just now got that... :D
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    Oberon21 wrote: »
    goq112b1l5c0.jpg

I need a vacation...
  • Oberon21
    Options

I hadn't gotten it... NOW I do!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    goq112b1l5c0.jpg

I need a vacation...

I need to go back on vacation.
  • quiksylver296
    edited March 2016
    Options
    goq112b1l5c0.jpg

I need a vacation...

Short camping trip the last weekend of April, and the Oregon Coast in July, and I cannot wait for either of them!!!
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    goq112b1l5c0.jpg

I need a vacation...

Short camping trip the last weekend of April, and the Oregon Coast in July, and I cannot wait for either of them!!!

Vegas end of April, and I can't wait!
  • Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    Someone asked about Lent goals and I forgot to reply. It's Spy Wednesday. I have four days left to fast from my item. I really thought I would crack twice this week.

There was a huge Spring Celebration in my department this morning in which my only participation was to guess how many pieces of chocolate were in a vase my supervisor was giving away because she directly asked me to and to find an egg with chocolate candy (that I haven't eaten) that my supervisor hid in my cubby. Note this was deliberately not called an Easter egg and the Holy Day was never mentioned. I am irrationally annoyed by that. And also by the email from our department manager to "wait and see what we've got cooked up foe next month."

It seems odd that she would be so evasive as to not ask for the easter egg to you. Is there someone in the office that is providing pressure not to have any christian references?

Let's just sat that I get a lot of strange looks about my ashes every year. I had one boss ask several years ago if I couldn't wash them off. When I said, "God wouldn't strike me dead for it, but get them if you don't plan to keep them?" she tried to cover them up with my hair. I jerked backward so hard I scared and then put my hair in a ponytail so that everyone had to see them. I have never bee so angry at a boss in my life. Thankfully, she retired.
    Father Mike is right, ashes are a bold witness and they do make some people uncomfortable. I wouldn't say there is a ban on Easter, but I would say that there is a secular culture here and the manager would rather offend me than 99 other people.

Wow what a terrible boss. The whole point of a secular work culture is that everybody is free to do their own thing, ashes, clothing choices, etc. included without feeling discriminated against. I'm so glad she's not there anymore.
  • Rachel0778
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    Is this week over yet? Please let it end. I am ready for good news and rest. Nutshell, it has been an odd, challenging in many ways,and chaotic week. It has involved people I see daily (1) being robbed at gunpoint in the middle of the night (2) a coworker being taken away in an ambulance possibly due to illegal drug use (3) ex going into his manic cycle out of the blue when I objected to him changing plans on my time with son with no communication or notification. All I insisted upon was timely communication. (4)daughter being sick (5) high winds and rapidly changing weather coupled with very high allergy symptoms (6) multiple high pressure deadlines.

In general life is good and I am optimistic. I am so ready for this weekend..

I am back from my two back to back work trips too. Whew!

Props to you for still being optimistic! The Universe definitely needs to give you a big break this weekend
  • Rachel0778
    Options
    I feel like my brain is going Jekyl and Hyde on me

Hyde Brain: Why not eat some of all of the treats in the house? They're all so delicious
    Jekyl Brain: We already had our treat today, we can have more treats tomorrow
    Hyde Brain: Why wait for tomorrow when you could have it now?
    Jekyl Brain: I'm not hungry, and that would be a binge which would make me feel awful and regret it.
    Hyde Brain: It's just one day, you won't fall back into your old binging patterns. It's just to get it out of your system
    Jekyl Brain: BS I know better than that!

And so on and so forth. Seriously, after these treats are gone I'm making sure there's no more than 1 or 2 types of sweet items in the house at one time. Otherwise I want the ice cream, Easter candy, and girl scout cookies all at once!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    goq112b1l5c0.jpg

I need a vacation...

Oregon coast sounds nice! I have Nashville at the end of April, then England in July...! I can't wait for either either (I know that is probably not grammatically correct).

But I would like to go back to PR NOW!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Rachel0778 wrote: »

Hyde Brain: Why not eat some of all of the treats in the house? They're all so delicious
    Jekyl Brain: I'm not hungry, and that would be a binge which would make me feel awful and regret it.
    Hyde Brain: It's just one day, you won't fall back into your old binging patterns. It's just to get it out of your system

And so on and so forth. Seriously, after these treats are gone I'm making sure there's no more than 1 or 2 types of sweet items in the house at one time. Otherwise I want the ice cream, Easter candy, and girl scout cookies all at once!

I would eat all of that at once. That is why I have no food in my house. RESIST!
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    goq112b1l5c0.jpg

I need a vacation...

Oregon coast sounds nice! I have Nashville at the end of April, then England in July...! I can't wait for either either (I know that is probably not grammatically correct).

But I would like to go back to PR NOW!

Nashville in April! :)

I'm going to Cali in May, Chicago in July and maybe again in October if we get in the marathon, and Tucson in December! (mostly race related)
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    Girls weekend at Round Top doing the antiquing thing. I look a lot, but don't buy much. It's usually a weekend for me to just do as little as possible and get my head in the right place. I am going to need that before this training program starts.
  • quiksylver296
    Options

My brain has similar arguments with itself.
  • raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    Happy St. Patrick's Day!!!

10 days until Easter. I am so ready to break my Lenten fast. I almost caved yesterday and again this morning. I must pray my way through it. It's only 10 more days.

I keep reminding myself of that too!

Not sure if I want to eat Easter candy that day or ice cream? Probably ice cream.

I tried the Edy's Vermont Maple. It was ok but not enough toffee pieces. It was mostly just syrup-favored ice cream.

Ugh! I might have to skip that one.

I haven't found any of the new Edy's flavors. Wal-Mart the past two weeks hasn't had much of a selection of Edy's (not sure if they're selling out, changing the mod/feature, or getting the new ones in stock).

This is one of the new flavors of Yuengling's I want to try (I think Weis might get this March 28th?)!

cinc.png?itok=09kSKDWt&c=e0cb95b55c9891468bd894119c702748

This flavor is pretty interesting

yuenglings-caramel-popcorn2.png?itok=sidNf683&c=1e042adbb2df075dc26d2f9fc4e99ec8
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    Happy St. Patrick's Day!!!

10 days until Easter. I am so ready to break my Lenten fast. I almost caved yesterday and again this morning. I must pray my way through it. It's only 10 more days.

I keep reminding myself of that too!

Not sure if I want to eat Easter candy that day or ice cream? Probably ice cream.

I tried the Edy's Vermont Maple. It was ok but not enough toffee pieces. It was mostly just syrup-favored ice cream.

Ugh! I might have to skip that one.

I haven't found any of the new Edy's flavors. Wal-Mart the past two weeks hasn't had much of a selection of Edy's (not sure if they're selling out, changing the mod/feature, or getting the new ones in stock).

This is one of the new flavors of Yuengling's I want to try (I think Weis might get this March 28th?)!

cinc.png?itok=09kSKDWt&c=e0cb95b55c9891468bd894119c702748

This flavor is pretty interesting

yuenglings-caramel-popcorn2.png?itok=sidNf683&c=1e042adbb2df075dc26d2f9fc4e99ec8

Isn't this brand a beer? Do they make ice cream too? That would be an odd combo.

Yeah it's the same company, but I am not sure if they make any alcoholic ice creams.

If it's not already created I feel like that needs to be a thing

Alcoholic milkshakes in Nashville!

My reward for Nashville will be the same as my friend Kara had for the Music City Ultra on Saturday. Burger Republic. Yum!
    9zaqhkz34oir.jpeg

*edited to remove names.

I'll take the burger! Yum

Everything looks delicious!

I broke my Lent today & had the Andes Mint Chocolate Shake & some Ben & Jerry's Cinnamon Bun ice cream.

Both of them weren't as good as I remembered.

Funny how that works.
  • raymax4
    Options
    Two Cadbury Eggs and a Tollhouse Ice Cream sandwich today!! Holy calories....

Did you fit it into your macros?
  • raymax4
    Options

I knew you would