Mark your calendar...June 6th starts another round of P90X C

Options

Replies

• hockeyman28
    hockeyman28 Posts: 136
    Options
    Bob, I use adjustable weights, and it is nice to get a super pump. Funny how when I started I just wanted to lose some weight, now I think I want some muscles. The only complication is sometimes Tony moves quickly from an exercise needing 40s or 30s to one where 15s or 20s(or the opposite) would work better. Then it's time to play catchup as I adjust my weights and Daniel is ripping out another set of congletons.

My pull ups suck. So weak.
  • jljohnson
    jljohnson Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I did chest and back this morning. Did the first set of push up on my toes (except diamond ones). Also got 2 chin up in without using the chair - had to jump to get up a little, but it's better than ive done before. I'm gettig my bodyfat checked weekly at Max Muscle (accuracy comparable to the bod pod). In the first week and a half I was down almost 1%. I may not be losing weigh(yet), but I'll take fat loss/muscle gain any day.

Great progress! If you don't mind me asking, how much does it cost to get your bodyfat checked like that? I never trust caliper measurements and have been comparing against the Navy circumference method to try to do a sense check...Thanks.

I get my body fat tested in a Bod Pod. Normally, it costs about $40 each time, and some places give you a discount if you buy a package of testings. However, it's a really good idea to look for colleges that have one. We have one nearby that only charges $10, and when I actually went and did it, the student forgot to charge me for it! It's just a machine hooked up to a computer with the special software on it, so there isn't even a way for a student to mess anything up, like they could with calipers.
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    Okay I love babies so much but jeez louise. I look and feel like death today. I'm so so sleepy. When does my sister come back? Oh yeah, that's right... NEXT Tuesday. :noway: The kid has some lungs on him, which come to think of it, so does his auntie (me).

Oooh is anybody into soccer? If not, just ignore me but I'm so f'ing happy Mexico won. And I cannot believe Mexico and USA are going to play. It's hilarious in our home! I'm Mexico, my husband is USA and this is going to be HUGE. I wish we could had went out and about but atlas we have the baby nephew so we'll stay put and watch it and scream at each other at home. :laugh: (Hey, that sounds like a typical weekend!)
    I play soccer for a rec women's team here in Austin. It's awesome. Soccer keeps me on my toes and is so fast that it's so exciting for me. We are on summer break but next season will be my 3rd with them. Go Diamonds!

Anywho, WTF on the Chest/Shoulder/Tri?!?!? Holy cow. I laughed through most of the push ups. I thought chest and back was bad! Whatevs. And the older lady on there?! She couldn't even keep up!

Tonight is plyo. How I wish I could sleep and plyo at the same time. *sigh*

Great job everyone!!!

Bob- alright Mr. Pull-up yoga freak! That's awesome!
  • La_Amazona
    Options
    Today starts Phase 2. Yikes! Tomorrow will be day 30 so pictures are due. So far I'm down about 4lbs. This is good for me as it usually takes me a bit to start losing. Then reading online comforts me as it says alot of people don't lose until later on in the program. But my jeans are loser and I feel GOOD.

Thanks for the support guys!!!!

You are doing great! Keep up the good work. I'm anxious to see where I will be at 30, 60 and 90 days! I feel GOOD too!!! My daily headaches that I used to get are slowly disappearing. :)

Thanks hon! Day 30 pics are due tonight for me. Gulp.
    I love hearing the stories like yours about headaches. That's amazing. Our bodies are amazing!
  • vixi76
    vixi76 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Just started day1 June 22, and my arms and abs are killing me! Can't wait to see results!
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    Im starting week 5 tonight. I am SO excited to do a different new dvd tonight! Woohoo!!

Taking last night off was a good idea for me. My body isn't so tired and my head isn't so tired though I am still going to have to do osmething about my allergies. They is killing me.
  • iamthepreston
    iamthepreston Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Bob, I use adjustable weights, and it is nice to get a super pump. Funny how when I started I just wanted to lose some weight, now I think I want some muscles. The only complication is sometimes Tony moves quickly from an exercise needing 40s or 30s to one where 15s or 20s(or the opposite) would work better. Then it's time to play catchup as I adjust my weights and Daniel is ripping out another set of congletons.

My pull ups suck. So weak.

Hey I am right there with you, but after learning the routine I was able to make adjustments using what I have. I use my curl bar for some exercises and my olympic straight bar and my dumbbells. This saves me from having to pause the DVD to adjust my dumbbells and adds more variety.

As far as weight loss I lost @20 pounds before I started P90X, but not losing much wile doing. I think 1-2 pounds in round 1. I did up my calorie intake, but I think it has to do with your muscles been broken down and in s state of hypertrophy.

Bob as far as measuring bodyfat calipers are good if u do it yourself or get the same person to do it everytime. That way the results are accurate. It is impossible to pinch muscle, but you need to make sure you pick the same amount of skin everytime. When I used to do it I used my middle fingers quarter knuckle to keep my pinches the same. I would recommend using bioelectrical impedance. You can get one for under $50 maybe even cheaper, and they are pretty accurate, but you need to use them at the same time etc... kinda like how you weigh yourself. Here is the one we use at the hospital.

http://www.amazon.com/Omron-1032338-Body-Fat-Analyzer/dp/B00006WNPU
  • iamthepreston
    iamthepreston Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Got a question. I need a little advice.

This was supposed to be my recovery week but I have been sick and have barely left the bed. I have done phase one for 4 weeks (I extended it a week)

I am in no hurry to fnish p90x and I want to make sure I get the most out of it, so I am thinking about doing phase 1 for another week or 2 then going into phase 2. I just feel like I need to back up since I haven't done anything productive this week. I am also getting very close to being able to keep up with everything in phase 1 and including arx, and I kinda want to be able to do that before moving into phase 2. The way I look at it is if I am still getting results with phase 1 why not extend it???

Any insight appreciated.
  • melleyd
    melleyd Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Did the 2nd half of the Yoga X this morning. It's better than the first half but I still don't like it. When I'm in better shape, I think it will be good. And boy oh boy, that corpse pose was a killer!!!!!! lol.
  • annhjk
    annhjk Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Shoulders and arms are done (and Ab ripper). I upped my weights by 2.5 lbs on almost every exercise. Side tri-rise and oblique v-ups hurt my hips so I do other exercises. Any one else? Must be the way I lay on my side. I tried putting a towel under me to cushion it, but it didn't help. Oh well, side planks are good too.
  • La_Amazona
    Options

This was supposed to be my recovery week but I have been sick and have barely left the bed. I have done phase one for 4 weeks (I extended it a week)

I am in no hurry to fnish p90x and I want to make sure I get the most out of it, so I am thinking about doing phase 1 for another week or 2 then going into phase 2. I just feel like I need to back up since I haven't done anything productive this week. I am also getting very close to being able to keep up with everything in phase 1 and including arx, and I kinda want to be able to do that before moving into phase 2. The way I look at it is if I am still getting results with phase 1 why not extend it???

Any insight appreciated.

I think I'd do the same thing, do it for another week that way it seems like a smoother transition.
  • jljohnson
    Options
    Okay I love babies so much but jeez louise. I look and feel like death today. I'm so so sleepy. When does my sister come back? Oh yeah, that's right... NEXT Tuesday. :noway: The kid has some lungs on him, which come to think of it, so does his auntie (me).

How old is your nephew? My boys are 3 and 16 months. Sometimes one wakes up, sometimes the other one does. Some days it's ok, some days you feel like you're gonna crash and burn. I'm in a crash phase right now, so I feel your pain! Have a fun week :tongue:
  • jljohnson
    Options

Any insight appreciated.

I believe the guide that come with the program says not to extend any phase more than one extra week, because of the "muscle confusion" aspect. However, I'm not sure if I'm sold on the whole concept, or if that takes your missed days into account. As long as you're still getting results, and not in a hurry, I think one more week would be ok.
  • hockeyman28
    hockeyman28 Posts: 136
    Options

Oooh is anybody into soccer? If not, just ignore me but I'm so f'ing happy Mexico won. And I cannot believe Mexico and USA are going to play. It's hilarious in our home! I'm Mexico, my husband is USA and this is going to be HUGE. I wish we could had went out and about but atlas we have the baby nephew so we'll stay put and watch it and scream at each other at home. :laugh: (Hey, that sounds like a typical weekend!)
    I play soccer for a rec women's team here in Austin. It's awesome. Soccer keeps me on my toes and is so fast that it's so exciting for me. We are on summer break but next season will be my 3rd with them. Go Diamonds!

Anywho, WTF on the Chest/Shoulder/Tri?!?!? Holy cow. I laughed through most of the push ups. I thought chest and back was bad! Whatevs. And the older lady on there?! She couldn't even keep up!

Great job everyone!!!

Becoming a father added 15 pounds to me! Too tired to exercise most days. Get that baby out of there! My kid now is able to entertain himself for an hour. By the way the 15 pounds was totally worth it.

But really I wanted to reply to the second part of your statement. Soccer! Up until the baby I was playing goalie on an indoor team. Hockey is far more fun, but I'm a huge USA fan. I always thought it was interesting how much people hold onto the team of their heritage (in your case Mexico) while being American. Have you ever been tempted to cheer for USA!? And don't get me wrong, I love me some Mexico. I love the vacation spots and the food and most of the people I have met from there.

Anyway, Mexico really should win. I have no idea why USA isn't better than they are, but they havent been faring as well as Mexico. USA has very good defense though, and Mexico may find it harder to score on them than on the other smaller central american nations. All it takes is one or two lucky breaks and the USA will win. I can't watch the game at all Saturday, for various reasons, so at least you have that going for ya.
  • La_Amazona
    Options

How old is your nephew? My boys are 3 and 16 months. Sometimes one wakes up, sometimes the other one does. Some days it's ok, some days you feel like you're gonna crash and burn. I'm in a crash phase right now, so I feel your pain! Have a fun week :tongue:

8 months old. He's a doll! But he wakes up once or twice a night for a bottle. And he cries so loud lol. My hubby is the main one taking care of him since he's home during the day. Haha. Right now I'm falling asleep on my keyboard at work. And I have Plyo tonight! :explode:
  • La_Amazona
    Options

Great job everyone!!!

Becoming a father added 15 pounds to me! Too tired to exercise most days. Get that baby out of there! My kid now is able to entertain himself for an hour. By the way the 15 pounds was totally worth it.

But really I wanted to reply to the second part of your statement. Soccer! Up until the baby I was playing goalie on an indoor team. Hockey is far more fun, but I'm a huge USA fan. I always thought it was interesting how much people hold onto the team of their heritage (in your case Mexico) while being American. Have you ever been tempted to cheer for USA!? And don't get me wrong, I love me some Mexico. I love the vacation spots and the food and most of the people I have met from there.

Anyway, Mexico really should win. I have no idea why USA isn't better than they are, but they havent been faring as well as Mexico. USA has very good defense though, and Mexico may find it harder to score on them than on the other smaller central american nations. All it takes is one or two lucky breaks and the USA will win. I can't watch the game at all Saturday, for various reasons, so at least you have that going for ya.

Wow goalie! That's the only position I haven't tried to play. It seems like a lot of fun though!

And I like USA of course but I usually do root for Mexico. Plus it's soooo much fun wearing my Mexico shirt and my hub wearing his USA shirt. Plus, yes I'm American (and proud) but I love my heritage and culture to it's hard to pick but apparently I usually pick Mexico! Plus, Chicharito is my other husband.
  • annyshay
    annyshay Posts: 42
    Options
    Hey crew. Sorry I've been scarce, but when my mom visited this weekend, she brought a wicked summer cold with her. I missed Legs & Back and Kenpo from week 2. Today is supposed to be day 1 of week 3. I cannot decide if I should work out or not, repeat things, blah blah blah. I feel better than yesterday but still quite snuffly and gross. Thoughts? Not to mention I've started orientation for my new job... where they provide lunch which is not so "heart healthy". I'm trying to focus on doing my best and not freaking out about being perfect. It's tough though. So, to work out or not to work out? That is the question. Help!
  • La_Amazona
    Options
    I say workout. Even if you only survive 1/2 of it but at least try. You might feel better!
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    Annyshay - Just do what you can. I bet if you start you will want to finish.

I started week 5 tonight, chest/back and triceps I think. WOW. The first half I kept thinking I wasn't ready for this, maybe I needed to go back and repeat week 3..but I kept going and by the end I was thankful I'd kept going and happy to know that I have three more weeks to get it down pat. Talk about upping the intensity level.
    I don't know if I will ever be able to get up off my knees to do push ups this first round so I am focusing on deeper range of motion and trying to go lower each time. If I can get all the way to the floor on my knees and do a couple regular off by the end I will be proud.
  • melissa56
    melissa56 Posts: 2
    Options
    Im kind of a few weeks late, but i figured id post anyways :) I started on Tuesday so today is day 3 for me :D
    my body aches already.