Wondering how everyone else feels about getting asked out at the gym?

Options

Replies

• faithan84
    faithan84 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I'd honestly be very flattered if some guy was even congenial with me at the gym... Or if he smiled... Or if he didn't immediately avert his gaze when I walked past... Or acknowledged my presence as a living thing in the same room. Ha. I need to get laid. :tongue:
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    My gym crush spotted me on my 200lb squat this week....siiiiiiigh. Better than being asked out.
  • AdrianChr92
    AdrianChr92 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I tried asking a girl out at the gym. All she did was abs and legs while I squated
  • GoJohnGo71
    GoJohnGo71 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Some girl left a note on my car at the gym once. This was 15 years ago. I never forgot that. Very sweet. Never found out who she was. I moved far away shortly after that. I pictured her as fantastically hot, though. Lol
  • Tenmidwest
    Tenmidwest Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Its flattering anytime a girl is forward enough to hit on you at the gym -- can be an intimidating place. I have had some great times with women from the gym. The shy ones start out by asking fora spot or some help - opens up conversation lines
  • Scrappincarla
    Scrappincarla Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I work out at my apartment complex gym, so, there aren't too many people who are there when I'm there; however, I think its even more awkward if someone asks me out at Church. Used to happen all the time when I lived in L.A. smh.
  • PersianKitty94
    PersianKitty94 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I find it creepy how guys just watch you so you can't really do your squats in peace.
  • strozman
    strozman Posts: 2,623 Member
    Options
    I find it creepy how guys just watch you so you can't really do your squats in peace.
    They don't stare because they want you, they stare because they all want to do curls in the squat rack. They are so jealous cuz they can't hog the squat rack for the next 30 minutes to pump them biceps!
  • britishbeefcake
    britishbeefcake Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Never been asked, had the eyes, but nothing concrete to say I'm attracted to you.

I say leave it to the spa area or cafe after the workout
  • selina884
    selina884 Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    I don't ever get asked out at the gym :o

You must be ridiculously good-looking
  • strozman
    strozman Posts: 2,623 Member
    Options
    selina884 wrote: »

Could it be that your looks are too intimidating for most guys to hit on in the gym?
  • Sadlyinwar
    Sadlyinwar Posts: 859 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I don't really get asked out anywhere so I figured the gym wouldn't be any different, though now I go to a gym that has different timings for men and women.
    selina884 wrote: »

She is if her profile picture is any indication :)
  • canadian_bakin
    canadian_bakin Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I haven't but that said, I've never been asked out period. *cue violin music*
  • preston916
    preston916 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    faithan84 wrote: »
    I'd honestly be very flattered if some guy was even congenial with me at the gym... Or if he smiled... Or if he didn't immediately avert his gaze when I walked past... Or acknowledged my presence as a living thing in the same room. Ha. I need to get laid. :tongue:

Lol that was good.
  • preston916
    preston916 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I work out at my apartment complex gym, so, there aren't too many people who are there when I'm there; however, I think its even more awkward if someone asks me out at Church. Used to happen all the time when I lived in L.A. smh.

Yeah that Cali life...
  • Scrappincarla
    Scrappincarla Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    preston916 wrote: »

Yeah that Cali life...

LOL!!!!
  • headofphat
    headofphat Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Girl: Do you mind if I work in with you?
    Me: Leave me alone dammit I'm trying to get my swole on! Jeez! I'm not here to make out with you!
  • AnotherTry2016
    AnotherTry2016 Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    Not sure anyone even looks my way except think; damn that big dude is sweaty! lol
  • AlphaCajun
    AlphaCajun Posts: 290 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Not sure, the only person that ever speaks to me at the gym is the 64 year old guy that asks if I ran far enough after cardio.. I've made it clear I don't want to sit on his porch and listen about how things used to cost a dime back in the day but he's persistent and I may cave if he offers homemade ice cream once more.
  • Ifitfits
    Ifitfits Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    aub6689 wrote: »
    I've never understood why people ask me out at the gym. Now as much as I'd love to find my swolemate and all.... I don't understand why guys don't try to get to know you or create some sort of friendship or familiarity before diving straight into ask for a date or number.
    Am I the only girl who thinks this?
    Guys, do girls ask you out at the gym too?

The real world causes FEAR

I cant grab my balls and just walk up to someone I find attractive and hit them up , just isn't in my personality ... Perhaps too self conscious? When I go to gym i train extremely hard and don't really have time to breath never mind talk to people

" Oh hey just finished with the hamstring curls , um would you like to go on a date , i really find you attractive ... I like to party " cough .