What No One Tells You About Going Paleo (Hint: It's Sad)

Options

Replies

• WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Poor Geraldine Deruiter. She is a brilliant and hilarious writer and because wetcoaster did the MFP community the favor of copying her text here in addition to including the link - she gets no credit for her work...
  • Kimberly_Harper
    Kimberly_Harper Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I laughed the first time I read this last year - it's still funny! It reminds me of my first few months of eating Paleo, when I tried to make non-grain bread for Thanksgiving stuffing, which was a dry and tasteless miserable failure. Now I just like eating the basic food and I don't try to turn it into cookies or anything except maybe an occasional pancake.
  • amyn73
    amyn73 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Totally made me laugh out loud. More please!! Any topic. :)
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    Poor Geraldine Deruiter. She is a brilliant and hilarious writer and because wetcoaster did the MFP community the favor of copying her text here in addition to including the link - she gets no credit for her work...

This thread is like a litmus test on who is reading the whole thread vs who is just scanning and commenting.
  • WinoGelato
    Options
    Jruzer wrote: »

This thread is like a litmus test on who is reading the whole thread vs who is just scanning and commenting.

It is truly mind boggling....
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    A few failed cooking experiments aside, paleo food is yummy food.
  • Scrappincarla
    Scrappincarla Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Funniest post I've read here at the forum! It should be Pinned to the Top for ALL to read!
  • drabbits2
    drabbits2 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    HAHA!! This made me laugh out loud! Whole30 Vegetarian is close to this bleak! You can eat like iceberg lettuce and prunes or some such. It's awful.
  • lisawinning4losing
    lisawinning4losing Posts: 726 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    This is very well written and entertaining, even if I don't agree with the premise. I'll give it credit for that much.
  • lisawinning4losing
    lisawinning4losing Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    crazyravr wrote: »
    Well two things are very obvious. One is that the blogger has a great sense of humor :) and the other is that she cant cook or has any idea that "spices" exist. Funny but not at all true.

A valid point indeed.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options

Truly! ! It's as if some people didn't even read the OP properly...

Just an FYI. . The original post was copied and pasted off another site. The original
    author was credited in said post. I don't know why this is getting on my nerves so much..
  • WinoGelato
    Options

Just an FYI. . The original post was copied and pasted off another site. The original
    author was credited in said post. I don't know why this is getting on my nerves so much..

It doesn't matter. No one will read your post either. We are like the kid in the Sixth Sense.
    "I See Citations..."
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options

It doesn't matter. No one will read your post either. We are like the kid in the Sixth Sense.
    "I See Citations..."

Snort :laugh: I feel better now :smile:

• 1northerngirl
    1northerngirl Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Loved this. Thanks for the laugh.
  • mmmpork
    mmmpork Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    senecarr wrote: »
    mmmpork wrote: »
    Nooo you can't eat crickets, what about Jiminy Cricket!!!!

Why? Nothing in my conscience went spoke against eating him.

Probably because you ate him :(
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options

ThatWasTheJoke.jpg
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options

ThatWasTheJoke.jpg

Crickets are actually delicious. snappy, salt and peppery, covered in lemon and chili powder. yum!
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    I've had chili lime crickets and they were tasty.
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    Or added to an Oreo milkshake...

19660461561_8ae36fc826_o.jpg
  • ChiliBeans
    ChiliBeans Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    This was very entertaining! Thank you ^_^