April 2016 Bike Bicycle Cycling Challenge

Options
HopHead28
HopHead28 Posts: 180 Member
Welcome to our April Cycling Thread! If you are new to posting on this thread, or if you are new to cycling, We welcome you! If you are returning from a previous thread, We welcome you, too.

This thread is for anyone who rides a bike. Do you bike to work? Do you pull your children to the park? So you ride weekends? Do you spin, at home or the gym? Or, are you just starting out and remembering how much fun you had biking when you were a kid? However you choose to push your pedal, you are welcome on this thread.

There are no rules to how or what you post. You may post miles, minutes, # of rides, what the scenery looks like, anything. Whatever will motivates you to get on your bike.

Cheers

Replies

• cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,265 Member
    Options
    In for 250 recumbent miles.
  • ghouli
    ghouli Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Haven't done one of these before, but my goal for April is 100 miles.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I had a goal to do 300 miles in March; I'm currently at 389 and hope to get 15 to 20 in tonight. :)

My goal for April is only 300 miles. We're going to SW Utah for a week to celebrate our third anniversary and that's a week I won't be on the bike. Might as well make this realistic.

On the other hand, this is when the weather turns beautiful, there's still snow on the mountaintops, and the roads have mostly melted. Which means more opportunity aside from our trip, and fantastic scenery. Time for the personal spring classics!

26001716736_519885c51d_o_d.jpg

Also want to get 20,000 feet of elevation gain (on the bike) in April.
  • UmmSqueaky
    UmmSqueaky Posts: 715 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Bike every day of April (30daysofbiking.com) rather than a mile number this month. Year to date mileage is 574.6 (1st year I've biked throughout the whole winter), and I'd like to add another 450-500, although that's just a thought.
  • wmurkve
    wmurkve Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty new, so if I do something wrong, please let me know.
    I'll make my April goal 100 miles, since the weather is still pretty unpredictable here in Wisconsin! Looking forward to increasing, as soon as the weather is more consistent.
  • SteveCro
    SteveCro Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    I'm in goal set 400 miles

Totals-
    Jan. miles - 170.5 bike
    Feb. miles- 245.25 bike
    March miles-409.78 bike

Total for 2016- 825.53 bike
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    Keep pedaling, Everyone!
  • UmmSqueaky
    Options
    Happy 30 Days of Biking everyone!

4/1 - 17 miles - cold, windy commute in this morning. It had rained right up until I left my house this morning, thankfully sunny skies but lots of puddles and wet pavement. Windchill hovering in the mid 20s, blustery headwind the entire way to work slowing me down. Fingers froze the first 3 miles in. Toes froze the last 3 miles. And it was still infinitely better than a day without biking :p

Month to date: 17 miles
    Year to date: 582.6
  • ssbeadlady
    ssbeadlady Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I'm on board for April. Since I didn't meet the newest goal I had set in March after having met the first 2 March goals my April goal will be 75 miles.
    4/1 2.81 miles

Total
    1/2 of Feb 12.56 miles
    March 64.57
    April's 2.81
  • DaShumps
    DaShumps Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    New to this tread and although I'll be using my recumbent bike I'd like to join.
    I've always enjoyed bike riding but I managed to seriously fracture both my Tibia and Fibula the end of Sept. 2015 and had an Intramedullary Rod placed beginning of October ~ while told I'd be lucky to be walking within a year, I purchased my first Recumbent bike and managed my first full "rotation" by Nov. 4th and have been peddling my way to recovery along with climbing stairs ever since :)

Up to 15 k (just shy of 10 m) so hoping 250 -300...
  • puglife456
    puglife456 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I have been meaning to keep better track of my miles and this seems like just the challenge I need to do that! This winter has been great for biking, so I've been going out quite a bit and getting some use out of my new tires. I plan on canceling my gym member ship soon, so I'm really hoping it will be a nice spring for biking.
    Since I don't really keep track of my miles, I'm not sure what a realistic goal is for me. I'm going to be optimistic and say my goal is 400 miles in April. Shoot for the moon and land amongst the stars? Something like that (even though the moon is much closer than the closest star... So, shoot for the stars and land on the moon I guess lol)
  • tcaley4
    tcaley4 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I did 353 last month. I'll see if I can better that to 400.
  • tcaley4
    tcaley4 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Welcome @DaShumps and @puglife456, @wmurkve, @NorthCascades, hope I didn't miss anyone. Glad to have you join our group. We seem to add several new people every month. Post your rides, have fun, and be safe everyone.
  • SteveCro
    SteveCro Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    Welcome all new people. CricketKate so good to see you
  • UmmSqueaky
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Happy 2nd day of 30 days of biking!

4/1 - 17 miles
    4/2 - 23 miles - Pastry ride this morning. 8 miles from my house to the start in a NW direction and wouldn't you know, 30 mph NW headwinds. Super fun. Heavier gusts brought me literally to a stand still - it was physically impossible to keep going forward. Made it to the group ride and at the end of the ride, a raspberry scone. Will bike for pastries. Worth it!

10dgwgh.jpg

2q8r8zl.jpg

Month to date: 40 miles
    Year to date: 605.6
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,265 Member
    Options
    In for 250 recumbent miles

04/02 - 12.00 miles

Chris
  • RRRobison71
    RRRobison71 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    4/2 11.39 miles

Year to date: 519.03
  • SingingSingleTracker
    SingingSingleTracker Posts: 1,866 Member
    Options
    April 2: 61.9 Miles -- Duration 4:52:00

April Total Miles: 61.9
    April Total Duration: 4:52:00
  • dbkyser
    dbkyser Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I need some help from the weather but I am setting a goal of 100.
  • cyndi2012
    cyndi2012 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    In for 120k. Hopefully the weather agrees, but so far, too cold!

April 2 - 5k