WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2016

Options

Replies

• janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Mia - I love “Tzarina of Trivia” for your Red Hatters name. Made me laugh. Good going.

Janetr OKC
  • janetr7476
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    welcome april peeps -

well, it's gonna b a beautiful day, not riding tho :0(. have to drive cuz I got pt today, but I do get to put the top down on my convertible for the first time on the way home :0)

Wind blowing thru your hair is perfectly acceptable when you butt is firmly planted. I just told my husband yesterday I need a red convertible (I just remembered yours is red). Guess down deep I want to be Pip lol Have fun :)

Janetr OKC
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Larisa - I haven't and I won't. Thanks for telling me. :D

Lenora
  • janetr7476
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Katla - wrote "Janet OKC: Congratulations on all of your successes with your health and weight. I like your April resolutions."

Thank you so much. I did want to clarify one thing, I said that logging my food was such a habit I wasn't putting it as a resolution any longer. I will however, continue to log faithfully. As you said it may have become a bit of an "obsession" with me. But I have found if I do it first thing each morning, then I know what to get ready for each meal with no working out numbers, calories available, etc. Not to say that sometimes it doesn't change. Like last Friday we went out to dinner with friends that called an hour ahead of time and invited us. So I went to the menu on line for On The Border, found Border Smart Grilled Chicken, 450 calories. It came with lime rice, left the rice on the plate ate the chicken and the grilled vegetable and it worked in just fine with my daily plan. I truly depend on it to get me thru the day.

Marcelyn - wrote " This afternoon we have to start getting the pool ready for opening tomorrow for our grandson's 10th birthday. Just how the heck did he get to be 10 years old? I'M NOT OLD ENOUGH TO HAVE A 10 YEAR OLD GRANDSON! lol

Just wait until you have a 22 (closer to 23) year old grandson. Oh goodness. Actually he was a big factor in my losing weight and getting in a healthier state. He told me I had to "be around to dance at his wedding" and by golly I plan to be there with bells on, Not that he even has a gf at this point :)

Janetr OKC
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,680 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    janetr - my hair is longer now so I can't have it loose or it will be a tangled mess when I get to where I'm going. I will put it up in a bun. i just realized i don't have any cool sunglasses for the car drive :0/
  • Marcelynh
    Marcelynh Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    AR10at50 wrote: »
    Wow! I can't believe I found this group...what an amazing bunch of women you are! I am Karen, and I turned 50 last year. I homeschooled our two boys for the last 14 years and they will leave for college this summer. I love to quilt, but when I do, I sit there for hours at my sewing machine, usually drinking a few beers (worthless calories), and no exercise!
    Welcome from a retired homeschooler. I homeschooled my four kids all the way through high school graduation. Be prepared for a bit of "what do I do with myself" when they leave. Retirement was difficult the first year for me. I gained a lot of weight because.... I sat at the sewing machine making quilts. lol Now I've a new position (see my profile for my job description). I have the blessing of watching my children homeschool their children now!

Marcelyn surviving the city of Houston
  • MightyLolo
    MightyLolo Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Larisa - I haven't and I won't. Thanks for telling me. :D

Lenora

Thank you Lenora! I would feel so terrible if you got hurt. The kettlebell you bought will be fine for deadlifts, and you can totally work up to swings...just, go slow, okay? :smile:
  • kdlmoore216
    kdlmoore216 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi...glad to join this group. i just started but so far, really liking what i see. i want to lose weight so i can play with my twin granddaughters who are 3 1/2 yrs old.
  • Marcelynh
    Marcelynh Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    [My red hat is a ball cap that has a button on it which reads: "I Damn Near Survived Everything."
    Lenora

Oh gosh, I need that button!

Marcelyn

• janetr7476
    Options
    janetr - my hair is longer now so I can't have it loose or it will be a tangled mess when I get to where I'm going. I will put it up in a bun. i just realized i don't have any cool sunglasses for the car drive :0/

No shades? What, you may have to leave the top up, HA!

Janetr okc
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Pip: No goals? That doesn't sound like you. I'll bet you could enjoy a "have fun" goal. :wink:

Ar10at50: Welcome to a great group. :flowerforyou:

Becca: Losing 2.5 inches from your hips is a stellar victory. WTG!!! :flowerforyou:

I enjoyed yoga today but haven't decided what to do with the rest of my day as yet. It is a gorgeous day. I will do my best to have some fun in it.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison
  • maramamoon
    maramamoon Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi I am new to this group and although not 50 yet close enough.

My goals for April are

daily yoga and meditation
    change the daily walk with the dog to a run
    go try a body pump class and if i like it try it twice a week
    try a contemporary dance class and if i like it squeeze it in twice a month
    weed garden and put winter vegetables in
    stay in touch with family& friends that includes you guys
    best of luck
    marama nz
  • kmancine
    kmancine Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I am new to this thread, with just having turned 50 this past Feb. So I guess I am new to being 50. I have been afraid of goals, afraid I wont be able to meet them.

So far with no goals I hit the gym almost every day for anywhere from 30 minutes to 2 hours depending on work and kids.

I lost 11.2 lbs and I have a bunch more to go. I hope to regain flexibility, improve my lung functions (I am asthmatic) and loose weight - not sure how much. I started out at 279 down to 267.8 and hoping to keep going down in the weight.

Things I noticed, I am unable to put on socks some days, I am getting stiff and making walking and taking the stairs difficult. Thus my reason for joining a gym and finding MFP.

Nice to meet at all of you, feel free to add me as a friend.

Kelly
  • pipcd34
    Options
    katla - goals?? I don't need no stinkin goals ! I just do what I do, cuz that's how I roll :0)
  • pipcd34
    Options
    janetr - yeah, may as well leave the top up huh, NOT !!
  • lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    miakoda40 wrote: »
    . I am amused by the facts that get stuck in my brain (like a stone is 14 lbs.) while the important stuff (like when is my wedding anniversary) gets completely lost...When I joined the Red Hats I gleefully took the title of “Tzarina of Trivia” as my Red Hat name. Mia in MI

Mia, am in a monthly trivia contest, with a quarterly prize, at the local coffee shop, and am in the lead for the quarter. Prize is an Amazon Fire tablet, which I hope to win and give my current tablet to my DH. I compete alone against 3- and 4-person teams... and since I had to have a team name, called myself Quizling. ;)

Took a day off today. From everything. Just woke up from a two-hour nap on a cold and rainy day. Fell asleep with a book in progress, finished it when I woke. If I get much more relaxed, I'm going to melt! Finishing that quilt was a relief! Thanks, all, for the compliments... need to sew less complex things for a while.

Lisa in West Texas
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,777 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Barbie .. Thank you for continuing the thread.

Carol NC ... Yay for good news!

March was not a good month ... Determined to make April better.

DH and younger son have driven to Nashville for son's music scholarship audition. It's tomorrow at 1:40! Keep your fingers crossed!

I had a quiet day alone yesterday and today ... Getting a lot done ... But will bring older son home tomorrow for the weekend. Need to make use of all our lift equipment as there's no one here to spot me during transfers.

I will not set goals either ... Gonna be like Pip But I do have a plan.

Welcome to the new ladies ...

Beth near Buffalo where we're expected to get snow!

• janetr7476
    Options
    janetr - yeah, may as well leave the top up huh, NOT !!

>:)
  • Sunnygirl_2015
    Sunnygirl_2015 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Thanks Barbie.

Loving all the grand baby pics.

I'm hanging in there. April goal is to walk 20 minutes each day.

❤️ Rosie in So Cal
  • tryingtolive1
    tryingtolive1 Posts: 245 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    April goal is to get to gym 4 times a week and be more positive about my life. Think first is the easiest out of the two. Lol

Anne from Wisconsin