Motivation, Success and Frustration Sharing!

Options

Replies

• cgvet37
    cgvet37 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    I started out at 228 lbs. I was 222 lbs. when I started using MFP. I got down to 210 lbs., and gained a little when I went off of my blood pressure medicine. I'm now back down to 211 lbs. The most noticeable difference is in my waste. My strength is also increasing at a rapid pace. I used to be very active, until I started having arthritis pain in my back. It feels good to be active again. I enjoy weight training, and don't see it as work. I still have a long way to go, and fitness is a journey. Not a quick fix.
  • ngolden3320
    ngolden3320 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Jenna my oldest daughter came home from her trip last night and after driving 10 hours her and her friend went to calling hours for a classmate who was hit and killed by a drunk driver on Easter. When I saw her she just hugged me and cried. My heart breaks for her and her school and most of all for the poor girls family. No parent should have to bury their 17 year old daughter. Thank you to GOD and keep my daughter her school and the poor girls family in your thoughts and prayers please.
  • SusanConway333
    SusanConway333 Posts: 9 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    UPDATE.....Well first of all i lost another 4 pounds so my total was 24 pounds total. YEAH! So we were suppose to go to this big buffet for my birthday weekend. Well, change of plans (thank goodness! I did not really want to go but my hubby wanted to take me there for my birthday because it was what we usually do on birthdays) So I had 3 upcoming bad issues...the buffet, My birthday party (pizza cake ice cream - hubby planned party it was a surprise and he would not let me change menu) , and Monday, going to my favorite restaurant for Fettuccine Alfredo. So since the buffet thing did not work out we did the Fettuccine Alfredo thing. Well I did eat what I wanted there, that was the one thing I was going to let myself have, but I did give away half of the leftovers, so that helped! The party is today but I will watch my portion size! And Monday, we are switching to a restaurant where they have food options that are good choices! So its working out that it won't be as bad as I was afraid of this weekend! It won't be great, but it is an improvement! Whew! So thank you every one for the tips how to get through this weekend. Looking forward to the party today because I love having the family around! Once today is over...its back to my healthier eating habits! I want to keep losing weight with you guys!
  • ngolden3320
    Options
    @SusanConway333 Great job on the 4 lb loss. Enjoy your birthday party and your dinner tomorrow. Then back at it on Tuesday.
  • mbc616
    mbc616 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm such a carb-craver that as soon as I get started planning out my meals, I crave something carby and give in to convenience, then I feel like I blew the day and I'll do better tomorrow, but tomorrow is the same cycle. I need to lose 30+
  • lmflorhy
    lmflorhy Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Darklords wrote: »
    My Name is Christine I am 48 and looking to lose about 40-50 lbs, I spend 10 hours a day at a desk.

Hi my name is Lisa. I am motivated to lose 40 lbs also. Feel free to add me :). I will like to be a support to others as well as getting support back. We all can do this!!!
  • lmflorhy
    lmflorhy Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    ShyCush6 wrote: »
    Hi! I've been a member here for a while, I dropped out for a bit and now am motivated to get back into the action. Recently joined a gym and I'm working at this. My best success was a group of people who shared almost daily and motivated and pushed each other. We shared struggles, success and just overall frustration and joy! I'm looking to find those core people again. Create friendship and get to a healthy lifestyle! I plan on checking in daily, I'm bad on the weekends, but I will try harder. Please share in this group if you are looking for a core group to help you get to where you want to be. I don't care if you have 20 or 100 lbs to lose, I promise to be a good cheerleader! =)

Welcome back. Just spent you an add. Will like to join you on your journey
  • FitEqualsSmile
    FitEqualsSmile Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Well I have been gone for a while but sticking with it. It took me all morning to read everyones post and it seems we are all ROCKING IT!!
    It is great to see the new members on here. Feel free to add me. I don't have a lot of time to hop on here but I am pretty active on the status page.

I have finally broken though this one weight which was a killer for the past month so I am happy. The inches are defiantly decreasing. I swear I just took my size 12's out of my bins a couple of weeks ago and they were tight and they are already a little loose. Crazy. This morning I took a shirt out of the closet my husband got me for christmas back in 2011 and it still had the tags on it. Happy to say it fits great, finally (insert really happy face here).

So I have a questions, I read these message board A LOT (but don't comment a whole lot), I have this friend...We have been workout buddies for a couple of years now. We did the Avon 39 last year which was many hours of training for the walk, for those that don't know we walked 39.3 miles for breast cancer over a weekend, and continue to workout together. She has always been skinner than me, I would not say in better shape but skinner. We take a couple of yoga classes together and work out with a trainer once a week. I definitely workout more than her and harder. She has put on a few pounds but still remains a size 6 (I only know this because our trainer told me) while I have lost 25 size November. Dude, she has not said a thing to me. Given we talk about health in general, exercise and trade recipes we never really talk about our weight but don't you think she should have noticed. I know it is selfish but it sort of hurts my feelings. We are together 3 or 4 times a week and talk daily. You can't tell me she has not noticed. Am I being petty here?

Anyway, I feel better now, thanks for letting me vent, hehe.

Hope everyone has a great Sunday. We were supposed to go see a hockey game but someone got benched so we are sticking to the house. I am actually staring out 2 inches of snow WTF.
  • janetay01
    janetay01 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    @SusanConway333 - sounds like you've done really well. Enjoy and back on the horse on Tuesday!

@FitEqualsSmile - I would be a little hurt if I were in your position and she didn't comment. But! remember that you are doing this for you, not her and don't let it get you down. Sounds like you are doing a great job so focus on that :)

Sunday ok here but I'm tired of the ill health that seems to have taken up residence in our house. Son is on the way back to health thankfully but husband still has this cold/virus thing that has been around for 2-3 weeks and just won't go away. And he continues to try and do stuff around the house and help look after little one which is great but isn't helping him get better - I got to the point today of being stir crazy in the house and just wanting to yell at him to go to bed and get well. I know that makes me sounds awful and I don't mean it against him at all, it's just flattening us all a bit at the moment. Anyway, my turn to vent - thank you :smiley:

Anyway, hope Sunday has treated you all well and here's to a good, positive, healthy week!
  • CariTJR
    CariTJR Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. Well we managed to get here, ferry from Dover, through France (far too many toll roads!), into Germany (good beer) where we stopped for the night, then onwards to Austria. 1029 miles! It's sunny and beautiful, I do love this area of Europe. I've had an easy day so far, done a few easy runs, now just enjoying a drink and the spectacular scenery. I'm not logging my food but I am trying to be mindful of what I'm eating and drinking. I hope everybody has a great week!
  • Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    @CariTJR Sorry to hear about your Mom, I hope she has a swift recovery! I hope you enjoy your vacation to the fullest. I love your idea of making mindful choices but not stressing about food.

@janetay01 That does make for a long month when everyone around you is sick. Hopefully Spring brings in good health to your household (and the ability to get outside!)

@FitEqualsSmile I wouldn't worry too much about her not commenting. Commenting on body size is a social taboo depending on who you ask, so she may just be being polite. If you want her feedback you could mention to her that you just hit a weight loss milestone to open up the conversation so you can celebrate together.

@mbc616 I love carbs too, and I try to incorporate carbs into every meal along with my healthy fats and proteins. This change is something I am going to stick with for the long haul, and I refuse to give up carbs for the rest of my life so I'm learning how to lose weight with them.

@SusanConway How did the birthday go???

@ngolden3320 That is tragic for your daughter, her schoolmates, and the girls family. It is such a shame when a life gets ended so early.

@cgvet37 Glad you found an exercise that you love, welcome to the forum!

@lmflorhy Welcome!

@danan01 How was the weekend at the Florida house? Did you enjoy your beach walk?

@ShyCush6 Happy Dance!!! How was your weekend?

@csbucher Welcome!
  • Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    Phew! I think I am all caught up now, you guys were busy this weekend!

The SO and I decided to do Spring Cleaning this weekend. I was actually excited for Monday to hit just so I could stop cleaning. We still aren't done with the massive list but we made progress. We went out to a fancy dinner with friends on Friday and I definitely over-indulged but I feel like I moved so much this weekend I don't feel weighed down by it so maybe it all evened out? I guess we'll see when I step on the scale.

Cleaning/buying stuff for the house always causes us to snip at each other since we both hate housework/chores so much. It was nice to just curl up on the couch together on Sunday with pizza and Netflix to reconnect. Does anyone else run into this issue with housework and grumpiness?

In cuter news, I took Chance to the dog park on Sunday since it was a whopping 75 degrees! There were over 30 dogs there and he played his little heart out until he couldn't run anymore lol.
  • ngolden3320
    Options
    Rachel. Hubby and I alway bicker and fight when we work on projects.
    Cari your trip sounds awesome. Hopefully in my lifetime I will get to see something outside of the United States or Canada. Have fun and enjoy yourself you've earned it.
    Happy Monday to everyone. Have to find a new gym time as high school softball starts today. I don't know why their start time has to b my gym time. Oh well I will work it out. Everyone kick butt this wk. ;)
  • janetay01
    janetay01 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    @CariTJR - glad you've arrived ok. Have a fabulous time :)

@Rachel0778 - thank you, hoping that the sunny weather will inspire us all to health! Spring cleaning - hmmm, I'm starting to get twitchy to do that as well. Sounds to me like you found a good balance - lots of movement and effort with the cleaning to counter any over indulgence on the Friday. And times like that with friends are so important. We both hate the chores as well but we tend to take a room/task each and get on with out of each others hair - that way, we can both play music of choice and make it go quicker. And then try to meet in the middle for a cup of tea or something like that. Mind you, these days it tends to be one doing chores and one on duty looking after the little one so less scope to wind each other up!

In happier news in our neck of the woods, we booked our early summer holiday this morning! First time going away with the little one so we've booked a long weekend in a self catering log cabin in the middle of a forest. Lots of activities for all ages and should be a nice opportunity to chill out for a couple of days. Quite expensive but it is the weekend leading up to my 40th birthday so why not :smiley: All that remains is for me to stick with the 10 week challenge that I'm signed up to on MFP to get myself in shape!
  • ShyCush6
    ShyCush6 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    CariTJR wrote: »
    Well, it's nearly time to go.....I've been running around like a complete eejit since first thing this morning, sorting out my outfit, changing money, shopping, sorting out insurance and breakdown cover etc etc etc, you get the picture....then just to top it all off, my Mum, who has a congenital heart defect (a bad one), got admitted to hospital today with an infection, so i've had to rush to the hospital too! How totally inconsiderate of her, doesn't she know i'm going on holiday first thing tomorrow! :wink: Anyway, I literally ate nothing all day until 10:30pm, i've just been too busy, and worried, but my Mum is insistent we still go as my Brother is still here and she should be fine in a few days with the help of some antibiotics. Jeeez, talk about a stressful day. I'm off to bed in a minute, I can't even begin to explain how drained I feel. I will try and log in each day while we're away to keep up with everything that is going on, and I hope everyone has a great weekend. Anyway, i'll stop rambling now, and bid you lovely people adieu! First stop on the road trip, Germany, here we come.....

Sorry to hear about your mom... Hope you have an awesome trip, safe travels!!
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    We spent Saturday spring cleaning as well! And yes.. bickering... =) I think it goes together! It was very hard to spring clean when we had crazy weather all day. Woke up to snow... then sunshine, then white out snow, hail, sunshine, snow, etc... all day! Hard to think spring cleaning when it is white outside! April in Wisconsin!
    Saturday night I overindulged in cocktails. It was my husband bowling league party. I over ate as well. =( Sunday, was kind of a lazy day. We did some more cleaning, then watched some of the Nascar race and I did take a nap as well. Spent some time outside too! It was beautiful and sunny but the wind was very chilly! My pup is loving the outdoors. She drives my hubby crazy though as she keeps grabbing sticks fro the mulch and pulling them into the yard. At this rate, we might have to rake daily! =)
    I'm finally caught up with all the reading, sounds like everyone is doing great!!
    Joy… I have a love of food as well… It is a struggle to wonder if I will ever get past it! But we can do this!!
    Dana…. Here’s to routines!! It’s always nice to be away from them but feels so good to get back on track!
    Susan.. Great job on the 4 lbs! Hope it was a fabulous birthday and you got past all the food and treats! Time to put it all behind you and get back on track… It’s your birthday so give yourself a break! ;)
    Gill… you rock!!! 3 hours of workout and it was a Saturday!
    Nicole… sorry for your daughter’s loss… what a sad thing to come home to.
    Fitequals smile… I wouldn’t take her not saying anything as a bad thing… she might feel like she shouldn’t say anything, or if you see each other that much…maybe it’s harder to notice as it’s slightly each day, go for a month without seeing each other and she would probably be shocked… shake it off and know you are doing great things!! Keep up the good work! I like Rachel’s advice as well…
    Have a great trip Cari, sounds beautiful!
    Jane.. enjoy your getaway as well! Sounds relaxing and fun!! Happy 40th! Hope all the sickness is clearing out of your house!
    Here’s to a great week ladies!! =)
  • bluepoppies777
    bluepoppies777 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    @FitEqualsSmile I can see how you would be disappointed, because you would love for your friend to be supportive and congratulate you! Maybe she's just a *kitten*! LOL!!! Or mayyyyybe, like a few of the others have said, it's hard to tell since you guys see each other so many times a week. I just had someone pop by my desk on Friday who I haven't seen in months, and the first thing she said was "wow, you look great, have you lost weight?" But literally people I see all the time don't really notice that much (which can be disappointing after losing 32 lbs!!) So don't worry, just keep doing your thing and be proud of yourself!!

Rachel - bickering while spring cleaning is definitely happening to 99.9% of all couples! HA! So don't worry a bit about that. It feels good to get stuff done, doesn't it? I've been into this minimalism thing for over a year, and last April I made a goal of getting rid of 100 bags of stuff in a year, and I did it! It really makes you think about what you need, how you spend your money and time, and why you have all of this stuff. So keep cleaning and purging!

Cari - enjoy your vacation!! Sounds amazeballz!!! wish we were there too!!

On another note, I just had my first mammogram this morning - because now that I'm 40 and all that, you have to get your boobs checked! LOL! So was just thinking I would share that and encourage the group to get themselves checked too, or even just regular doctor checkups and blood tests etc. It's all part of the whole body healthy living we are trying to achieve!

One more thing...Yesterday I was looking through an old photo album (who has those anymore!) from 2005, the year after I got married... saw pictures of myself and man I looked good! It was a good motivator for me to stick with this healthy lifestyle and try to reach that weight again. I told my hubs I am going to get into kick *kitten* shape for once in my life! Not just fitting into that size again, but actually feeling super frickin awesome inside and out. That's my goal!!! Have an awesome day, everyone! Let's reach for the stars!
  • bluepoppies777
    bluepoppies777 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    xr03hns3gmei.jpeg
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    bickering while spring cleaning is definitely happening to 99.9% of all couples! HA! So don't worry a bit about that. It feels good to get stuff done, doesn't it? I've been into this minimalism thing for over a year, and last April I made a goal of getting rid of 100 bags of stuff in a year, and I did it! It really makes you think about what you need, how you spend your money and time, and why you have all of this stuff. So keep cleaning and purging!
    What a great idea!! I'm trying to organize my basement and I I got rid of 11 boxes last time... I was saving for a garage sale, but I am so sick of the stuff sitting around! What's the point! Garage sales are lots of work and if I can give it to someone in need than I think I should do that instead! Easter Seals is great as they come straight to your curb and pick it up! I was leaning toward another 11 boxes but I might just get more out of there! My hubby is working on a craft room for me, so it will help to clean that space up and make it my own!