30 Day Shred buddies wanted :)

Options

Replies

• jessica22222
    jessica22222 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Add me! Have you tried the yoga inferno? I love it!
  • AmandaDanceMore
    AmandaDanceMore Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    May I ask a question/get opinions?

Does anyone else find the cardio portion just too much impact? I know she says in the level 1 workout that anyone can do jumping jacks, but after 3 days of it, I was I pain.

Back story- I fractured my tibia and fibula pretty significantly a couple of years ago (have a rod in my leg and lots of screws) and while just about everything else I do (tons of walking, ballroom dancing, cycling, horseback riding) doesn't bother me a bit, the amount of jumping around required in this series murdered me. Lots of pain right across the fracture site. Am I being a wimp, or does anyone else struggle with the impact? The strength and abs are doable. But that cardio stuff keeps making me stop.

Can't imagine it's a form issue....I mean, how hard is it to do jumping jacks and "jump rope?"

Part of me wants to just follow along with the strength and abs, and get cardio in elsewhere!
  • Drawn_That_Way
    Drawn_That_Way Posts: 4 Member
    Options

I've not heard of that but I definately like the sound of it! I'm starting 30 day shred tonight - I think I'm going to start off doing it once every two days as I'm really, really unfit then start doing it every day next week (hopefully!)
  • GreenIceFloes
    GreenIceFloes Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    May I ask a question/get opinions?

Does anyone else find the cardio portion just too much impact? I know she says in the level 1 workout that anyone can do jumping jacks, but after 3 days of it, I was I pain.

Back story- I fractured my tibia and fibula pretty significantly a couple of years ago (have a rod in my leg and lots of screws) and while just about everything else I do (tons of walking, ballroom dancing, cycling, horseback riding) doesn't bother me a bit, the amount of jumping around required in this series murdered me. Lots of pain right across the fracture site. Am I being a wimp, or does anyone else struggle with the impact? The strength and abs are doable. But that cardio stuff keeps making me stop.

Can't imagine it's a form issue....I mean, how hard is it to do jumping jacks and "jump rope?"

Part of me wants to just follow along with the strength and abs, and get cardio in elsewhere!

It's perfectly fine to substitute the cardio in the video with something else. IMO, the point of a circuit training routine is to make sure your heart rate is way up during the cardio intervals; the way you achieve that is up to you. Jog in place if that works for you, or jump on an exercise bike if you have one, or anything else that suits you.
  • Katie_Y89
    Katie_Y89 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all the new joiners!!! It's never too late to start 30 day shred along with us!!
    It's nice to see everyone in different levels on the DVD so we can motivate each other even more to finish!!

Level 1, Day 6 done!!!

As for an earlier question, I log it the same way shadowfax44 said: circuit training, general 25 min.

@AmandaDanceMore I sometimes struggle with the impact of the cardio but on my feet. If I do the workouts without rest days my feet ache terrible but that's probably because I don't wear shoes lol. My legs donache when doing the first round of cardio(jumping hacks/jump rope) but after I finish the first round they are fine. Maybe just try to do as low impact as possible or maybe even switch out the cardio moves for something you can do like jogging in place
  • carolerunsalot
    carolerunsalot Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Ok @Katie_Y89 , here it is.

Start: Weight - 150.7 lb Waist - 36 in
    End: Weight - 146.4 lb Waist - 33 in

I started my journey in Oct so my weight loss has slowed, so I am at a total of 20 lbs lost.

I have a calorie goal of 1340 - some days I eat my exercise calories, some days I don't. I took four break days because of a pulled muscle & scheduling. I did each level a total of 10 days at the end though.

**Disclaimer about my pic: I am having some anxiety about posting this. Its a big forum to show the world your gut. I am a little disappointed about my before, but that is why I started this journey in the first place. My after is still a bit of a ways from where I am going, but I am proud of the work so far. So critics be darned, this is what it is.**

You guys are all doing something good for yourselves, so keep it up!!!

d6c7nmaudwwc.jpg
  • GreenIceFloes
    Options
    cdgross81 wrote: »

I started my journey in Oct so my weight loss has slowed, so I am at a total of 20 lbs lost.

I have a calorie goal of 1340 - some days I eat my exercise calories, some days I don't. I took four break days because of a pulled muscle & scheduling. I did each level a total of 10 days at the end though.

**Disclaimer about my pic: I am having some anxiety about posting this. Its a big forum to show the world your gut. I am a little disappointed about my before, but that is why I started this journey in the first place. My after is still a bit of a ways from where I am going, but I am proud of the work so far. So critics be darned, this is what it is.**

d6c7nmaudwwc.jpg

That is absolutely remarkable! :smiley:
    You are awesome!!!
  • Terpnista84
    Terpnista84 Posts: 517 Member
    Options

d6c7nmaudwwc.jpg
    Amazing!!!

• Terpnista84
    Terpnista84 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Starting day 8, level 1 today!
  • tiffanylacourse
    tiffanylacourse Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    I could start that back up. My sister in law is doing it too - she's @m0mmytiff :grin:
  • Katie_Y89
    Options

d6c7nmaudwwc.jpg

@cdgross81 firstly: you look awesome!!!!! Don't let anyone tell you different!
    Second: thank you for posting your results!!! They are great!!

Did you do any other workout along with 30 ds? Do you plan on doing it again or another Jillian Michaels dvd?

• Katie_Y89
    Options
    I could start that back up. My sister in law is doing it too - she's @m0mmytiff :grin:

@tiffanylacourse please join us!!! You sil too!!
  • jessica22222
    jessica22222 Posts: 375 Member
    Options

I've not heard of that but I definately like the sound of it! I'm starting 30 day shred tonight - I think I'm going to start off doing it once every two days as I'm really, really unfit then start doing it every day next week (hopefully!)

When I started doing the shred after my first child I was sooo unfit. I did it every day, just the 1st workout, and pushed through the soreness. Totally worth it! You can do it! The yoga inferno is so awesome it's not really cardio more like a spinoff of yoga and strength training. Highly recommend!
  • carolerunsalot
    edited April 2016
    Options
    [/quote]@cdgross81 firstly: you look awesome!!!!! Don't let anyone tell you different!
    Second: thank you for posting your results!!! They are great!!

Did you do any other workout along with 30 ds? Do you plan on doing it again or another Jillian Michaels dvd?

[/quote]

Well thanks.

I did some cardio, but nothing regularly. My scheduled is very constrained for time :smile:

I actually did Level One this morning. So I am starting over for now. It was still far from being easy. I did add the weights in on some cardio moves for extra resistance but I have a long way to go with a lot of the strength training. I expected it to be far easier than it actually was.

So I guess I am officially joining the group - Level 1 Day 1!
  • Katie_Y89
    Options
    Anyone else planning on re-starting 30 Ds when finished? Haha we have a while to go but I've been tossing the idea around in my mind. That or ripped in 30
  • GreenIceFloes
    Options
    Katie_Y89 wrote: »
    Anyone else planning on re-starting 30 Ds when finished? Haha we have a while to go but I've been tossing the idea around in my mind. That or ripped in 30

RI30 is just so much harder for me. I think I might redo 30DS next month and then move on to RI30. But then again, depends on my fitness level once I'm done with this month.
  • carolerunsalot
    Options
    I have heard RI30 is difficult. Just from doing the first day today, it is totally different doing the second time. And I am hoping that day 4, I don't get the leg pain I got on the first go around.
  • Drawn_That_Way
    Drawn_That_Way Posts: 4 Member
    Options

d6c7nmaudwwc.jpg

You look amazing - these pictures have given me the kick up the bum I need to get started tonight! I am actually under my calorie goal today (usually I go just over it but I don't beat myself up about it, as long as I reduce it each day) and I can't wait to do the exercise. I'll let you know how I get on - I think I'm going to struggle haha
  • Katie_Y89
    Options
    RI30 is HARD! I made it through week one and really enjoyed it! Love how she has 3 strength moves insead of 2 in the strength circuit. Made it to week 2 and couldn't get through it. Not even doing the easier moves/level. Plus Jillian is a meanie in that dvd. With not being able to do level 2 and her not-so-motivational attitude I turned it off.
    Would like to try is again, but maybe after another 30 ds round lol
  • mektek28
    mektek28 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Starting today! DVD just arrived. My starting measurements...150.4 lbs, 36 bust, 31 waist, 39 hips. Day 1 30-day shred. Finished workout one!!!